Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This episode was the turning point for me. I like the show a lot more now.
    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Watched the 3rd episode really enjoyed it. Some of the action scenes are a little clunky but I think the show more than makes up for it with the chemistry and individual personalities. Also enjoying the world building.
    Same. Almost gave up but was happy to stay for Ep 3

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Late to the finale. Too much going on last week to watch the finale.

This show makes me appreciate Clint that much more. I've never been a fan. Never hated him either. He has always just been the "average guy Avenger" and his role was to remind the reader, usually, that heroes can be anybody. This show reinforced that via the Kate line of dialogue and for me that was pretty amazing. By extension I never read the Faction Hawkeye series cause by extension Kate was a legacy character of one I wasn't too concerned with. Now, however, I'm going to go read it eventually.

My two takeaways are:
    Kingpin is not dead. The cliché of no body(head shot) means no actual proven death. Anything could've happened in that moment the gun goes off.
    Clints wife is/was a SHIELD agent. For all my Marvel knowledge I had to google Agent 19....so wait. They are saying she was Mockingbird??? Hmmmm, at first blush that is a hard sell.

Ready for a S2 should there be one.

Grade: A-
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Other random thoughts:
    -- Everyone's commented about Fisk's red shirt, but what the heck was up with his "office?" (I don't expect an explanation about the meat grinder on his desk in Elanor's scene - I'll chalk it up to mis en scene) Was he operating out of a Polynesian restaurant or something? It was decorated for Christmas and it's why he has that tropical shirt (which btw was also a long-sleeved french cuff? Must've been bespoke)
    -- Did Hawkeye have a Mandalorian "whistling birds" arrow? It seemed to be one of the ones set off by Kate at the end. Ah, corporate synergy.
    -- Some have speculated that Eleanor might've left Kate some money, but I don't expect so. When she's being arrested, Eleanor tells Kate she can't handle having nothing, to which Kate responds, (paraphrasing) "You have no idea what I can handle." So I expect Kate's next step will be proving that she can handle being poor. (that's more Green Arrow's arc, but it seems to be where Kate's headed)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think Fisk is building his operation back up. Season 3 of Daredevil left him in a bad place.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Some have speculated that Eleanor might've left Kate some money, but I don't expect so. When she's being arrested, Eleanor tells Kate she can't handle having nothing, to which Kate responds, (paraphrasing) "You have no idea what I can handle." So I expect Kate's next step will be proving that she can handle being poor. (that's more Green Arrow's arc, but it seems to be where Kate's headed)
    Also true to the comics more or less because she ends up losing access to all her money for one reason or another. I think the Fraction run was basically where she stopped being rich even if she still had the personality for it.

To be honest the Fraction update of Hawkeye felt very Green Arrow rather than comic Hawkeye to begin with. That and having a sassy, female, archer protege (although Kate and Mia Dearden are very different).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also true to the comics more or less because she ends up losing access to all her money for one reason or another. I think the Fraction run was basically where she stopped being rich even if she still had the personality for it.

To be honest the Fraction update of Hawkeye felt very Green Arrow rather than comic Hawkeye to begin with. That and having a sassy, female, archer protege (although Kate and Mia Dearden are very different).
    Clint felt more like an everyman than Ollie ever did in Fraction run.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Clint felt more like an everyman than Ollie ever did in Fraction run.
    Which is weird because by the point of the Fraction run Clint Barton had been raised in the circus, romanced (two) superspies, lead an Avengers team and the Thunderbolts, died and came back to life, slept with a Doombot, and is the world's greatest marksman.

The only everyman thing about him is that he doesn't have powers.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Other random thoughts:
    -- Everyone's commented about Fisk's red shirt, but what the heck was up with his "office?" (I don't expect an explanation about the meat grinder on his desk in Elanor's scene - I'll chalk it up to mis en scene) Was he operating out of a Polynesian restaurant or something? It was decorated for Christmas and it's why he has that tropical shirt (which btw was also a long-sleeved french cuff? Must've been bespoke)
    -- Did Hawkeye have a Mandalorian "whistling birds" arrow? It seemed to be one of the ones set off by Kate at the end. Ah, corporate synergy.
    It looked like they were having a meeting at a business he used as a front, instead of a traditional office. Like maybe he wanted to be sure it wasn't recorded (oops).

It was kind of a whistling birds arrow- it was an arrow who's shaft had dozens of smaller needles in it (I think these were dipped in a poison or sedative beforehand) that shot out in a circular pattern when the arrow embedded itself in the ground or in a target.

As has been said, Kate lost her money in the comics as well. That being said, she mentioned that she inherited her apartment over the pizza shot- maybe she has a small inheritance to live off of.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

My only issue with Fisk's wardrobe, is that it like didn't fit right. Not the color or style or anything just the fit. It was like they guessed at his size, he went into try it on, it fit loose AF but a PA ran in and was like 'eff it, we gotta shoot it, let's go'
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Apparently this show has the highest bodycount of any Marvel property
    https://screenrant.com/hawkeye-blood...jM2cnIAHz9r924

Incredible Member

Infinity War would beg to differ.
    Sounds perfect.

Our heroes, everybody .

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Infinity War would beg to differ.
    Does it count if they all come back?

Then again, you could make the case that Endgame has the highest body count- what with Tony snapping away Thanos and his entire army.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Our heroes, everybody .
    Still less bloodthirsty than Batman in Batman Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Does it count if they all come back?

Then again, you could make the case that Endgame has the highest body count- what with Tony snapping away Thanos and his entire army.
    They're aliens, so it doesn't count. That way Spider-Man doesn't have a body count.
    Still less bloodthirsty than Batman in Batman Returns.
    Fair enough...

I enjoyed it. Personally for Hawkeye I would have preferred a much grittier show, but....

It's Disney, they've traded away realism to make it kid friendly, and have produced a great family show in the process.