Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Greer?" That couldn't be Tigra, could it?
    It is. When I was watching the episode, once I heard the name "Greer" I paused the show, looked up the cast, and the character's name is Greer Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    It is. When I was watching the episode, once I heard the name "Greer" I paused the show, looked up the cast, and the character's name is Greer Nelson.
    Weird. I feel like Greer should be more significant than Kate's college friend and it makes it pretty unlikely she'll become Tigra, but what can you do.

Weird. I feel like Greer should be more significant than Kate's college friend and it makes it pretty unlikely she'll become Tigra, but what can you do.
    And if she does become Tigra, it'll feel somewhat cheesy and convoluted (The cheap "crazy things happen to a superhero's friends/relatives" schtick), but I guess we'll have to roll with it.

And if she does become Tigra, it'll feel somewhat cheesy and convoluted (The cheap "crazy things happen to a superhero's friends/relatives" schtick), but I guess we'll have to roll with it.
    Especially since Hawkeye isn't the kind of character and this doesn't seem like the kind of show where someone turning into a cat-woman seems like a natural fit. Maybe she's meant to go over into another property like "Moon Knight" or "Blade" where that might be more likely to happen.

Sigh. What does everyone think of this? Marvel Fans Are Boycotting ‘Hawkeye’ In Support Of Artist David Aja https://www.screengeek.net/2021/11/2...fans-david-aja

Going to be honest. I've already dropped the show. I didn't do it to support Aja or Fraction, I feel they are the worse thing to happen to Hawkeye. I quit watching because when Renner was present it just like watching an expensive earlier season episode of Arrow with terrible attempts at humor awkwardly crammed in. When it was more Kate focused it was like watching an expensive later season episode of Arrow with terrible attempts at humor awkwardly crammed in.

To the people who liked the comic run and the show, how do you feel about this?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Niffleheim

Is the boycott why the show is so quiet? Other than the first day I don't see it trending that much compared to the others.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Sigh. What does everyone think of this? Marvel Fans Are Boycotting ‘Hawkeye’ In Support Of Artist David Aja https://www.screengeek.net/2021/11/2...fans-david-aja

Going to be honest. I've already dropped the show. I didn't do it to support Aja or Fraction, I feel they are the worse thing to happen to Hawkeye. I quit watching because when Renner was present it just like watching an expensive earlier season episode of Arrow with terrible attempts at humor awkwardly crammed in. When it was more Kate focused it was like watching an expensive later season episode of Arrow with terrible attempts at humor awkwardly crammed in.

I like the show. Never read the comic. And hope the lawyers work out whatever. If I actually dug into every little production or copy right issue with any creative work and got upset at that I probably wouldn't watch anything.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Is the boycott why the show is so quiet? Other than the first day I don't see it trending that much compared to the others.
    Boycotts never amount to anything. As for why it's quiet, the marketing machine isn't as strong in this one like it was for the other D+ shows.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Especially since Hawkeye isn't the kind of character and this doesn't seem like the kind of show where someone turning into a cat-woman seems like a natural fit. Maybe she's meant to go over into another property like "Moon Knight" or "Blade" where that might be more likely to happen.
    I feel like they would've cast someone bigger or put more emphasis on her if they intended her to be significant beyond an easter egg.

Personally I'd prefer Greer to be older than a college student Kate's age in this.

Astonishing Member

I feel like they would've cast someone bigger or put more emphasis on her if they intended her to be significant beyond an easter egg.

Personally I'd prefer Greer to be older than a college student Kate's age in this.

Speaking of Easter eggs. At the underground auction the first item auctioned off was a triceratops head. Not a skull. A head. I think this was an Easter egg for the Savage land.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

I never read the comic. I think it's just OK so far, and is at the bottom tier of Disney+ MCU shows. That said we're only 2 episodes in, and it has potential. Also, I liked all the other Disney+ shows quite a bit.

As for the comparisons to Arrow, I've only watched a handful of episodes of that series, and I didn't like it at all. I think Hawkeye's a lot better.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure what Aja is legally entitled to.

I thought you could ape an art style and not get sued. Given how much swiping goes on in comics.

It's pretty awkward given that Fraction is a Executive Producer. So Disney could have brought him onboard, they just chose not to.

Astonishing Member

I thought it was to be expected. 4th Marvel show in a span of one year. People might be getting a bit bored? It will be interesting to see how the other shows do without having appeared onscreen with the exception of some guest stars.

Disney is spending most of it's efforts promoting the Beatles doc. Hawkeye will keep the fans already subscribed. The Beatles will bring in a horde of new subscribers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Like Kate said, it's a branding issue - Clint has always been too low-key. This is also a low-key show. Nothing has happened here to set Twitter.... atwitter like the possible birth of the multiverse or introducing Mephisto. It's a pretty straight-forward story so far that doesn't have MCU-wide spanning implications to get people speculating wildly.