Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It’s really just a big 3. And after that Green Lantern and Flash are usually on the team, so it can be anyone
    I can see that.
    Both Barry and Wally have had excellent JLA tenures. Hal, Kyle, John, and Guy all work on the team.

Seeing as I’d like J’onn and Cyborg as members seven and eight, I’d swap out Jessica Cruz to have two females which ppl in this thread have made a case for. Cruz was great in Odyssey, and seeing her on the main team would be nice.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The lineup of Snyder's Justice League, minus Cyborg, is pretty damn perfect. So Hawkgirl.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

^^^that line up as a whole was pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

The lineup of Snyder's Justice League, minus Cyborg, is pretty damn perfect. So Hawkgirl.
    The perfect lineup! So Hawkgirl is my choice as well
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Who are the Big 7 here exactly? The sixth and and seventh spot are always changing. Aquaman and Martian Manhunter are often traded in for other characters like Cyborg or Hawkgirl. The only consistent ones are Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern. So with three spots open I would go with Zatanna and Vixen for the sixth and seventh spot with the eighth spot that can be rotated between Martian Manhunter, Hawkman/Katar Hol, Hawkwoman/Shayera Hol, Aquaman, Firestorm, Cyborg, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Green Arrow, Kimiyo Hoshi or the Atom (either Ray or Ryan).

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Black Canary or Zatanna.
    Love those fishnets!

Sandy
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Who are the Big 7 here exactly? The sixth and and seventh spot are always changing. Aquaman and Martian Manhunter are often traded in for other characters like Cyborg or Hawkgirl. The only consistent ones are Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern. So with three spots open I would go with Zatanna and Vixen for the sixth and seventh spot with the eighth spot that can be rotated between Martian Manhunter, Hawkman/Katar Hol, Hawkwoman/Shayera Hol, Aquaman, Firestorm, Cyborg, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Green Arrow, Kimiyo Hoshi or the Atom (either Ray or Ryan).
    That's a relatively new thing, that started with outside media. As far as the comics are concerned, the Big 7 usually refers to, well, THE Big 7.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Retired

I'm married to the original continuity. The first eight members were:

The Flash
    Green Lantern
    Aquaman
    Wonder Woman
    J'Onn J'Onzz
    Superman
    Batman
    Snapper Carr

You can say that Snapper was an "honorary" member--but to me that's a distinction without a difference. Snapper seems to be the one member who made the most meetings. And he actively participated in a fair number of the adventures. He was there at the table because they all believed he had a right to be there--he wasn't just the janitor.

Fantastic Member

any one of the following 5. Give me a book with all 12 and its my perfect JL book.

Green Arrow, Shazam, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Zatanna

Extraordinary Member

I would say Red Tornado.

He was created in the pages of Justice League, and having a non biological member on the team that can be rebuild when he gets destroyed, can be pretty useful in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Vixen is a distant choice for me, regarding a woman pick, because again what does she bring uniquely. She channels an elephant or ape and that still isn't strength level of others.
    Vixen enhances the abilities of the animals she mimics, so when she channels elephants she is stronger than normal elephants, runs faster than normal cheetahs, flies faster than normal peregrine falcons, etc. etc...not to mention she can combine as many different animal abilities she wants. She can, for instance, take on the proportionate strength of an entire colony of ants, if she wanted.

I think a lot of people tend to overlook/underestimate Vixen because they just assume she only has the exact strength level/ability level of the animals she mimics, but she amps up the abilities.

And she can definitely do a lot more damage in the field on the flagship Justice League team than Batman or Green Arrow ever could, especially when Green Arrow runs out of arrows (unless he's found a way to never run out of them) and Batman runs out of exploding batarangs.

Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-14-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Well now I want Rihanna to play Vixen in the DCEU....
    ...WB, read this! Do that thing! Call her!

All of the ones that initially came to mind have already been said, so I guess I have to go with Booster Gold.

Personally, I prefer Vixen for the variety of abilities she bring to the team. She a jack of all trades, need superhuman strength (she can lift up to 7,000 tons), need a speedster (she can fly close to Mach 6), need energy attacks (she has electrical and laser), need a tracker (she tracked someone across a entire state), need telepathy (she can communicate with anything living on the planet), need energy construction (she can create energy fields strong enough to withstand attacks from a god), she even has a hell of a healing factor that allows her to completely reconstruct her body.

Now with that being said, I'm cool with Zatanna and Black Canary being the 8th member. Both have the tenure and respect from the Leaguers and fans. Hell, if I had my way the team would be

Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Batman
    Black Canary
    Green Lantern
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    Flash
    Martian Manhunter
    Aquaman
    and Cyborg for the tech
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-14-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

SHAZAM or Blue Beetle