Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Personally, I prefer Vixen for the variety of abilities she bring to the team. She a jack of all trades, need superhuman strength (she can lift up to 7,000 tons), need a speedster (she can fly close to Mach 6), need energy attacks (she has electrical and laser), need a tracker (she tracked someone across a entire state), need telepathy (she can communicate with anything living on the planet), need energy construction (she can create energy fields strong enough to withstand attacks from a god), she even has a hell of a healing factor that allows her to completely reconstruct her body.

Now with that being said, I'm cool with Zatanna and Black Canary being the 8th member. Both have the tenure and respect from the Leaguers and fans. Hell, if I had my way the team would be

Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Batman
    Black Canary
    Green Lantern
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    Flash
    Martian Manhunter
    Aquaman
    and Cyborg for the tech
    Replace Cyborg for Hawkgirl and you’re good. She’s the number 2 JL female thanks to the DCAU

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Replace Cyborg for Hawkgirl and you’re good. She’s the number 2 JL female thanks to the DCAU
    I'm fine with her own the team...though if I add her, I think Hawkman and Green Artow should be there too.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I’m fine with Black Canary being one of the newest additions after the 7, but I think Green Arrow should be first.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    As noted by another, assuming we mean the following as the 7, because the OP didn't list them.
    1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. Green Lantern
    5. Flash
    6. Aquaman
    7. Martian Manhunter

I think the 90s JLA cartoon sets a strong precedent in many minds for Hawkwoman. I like her but don't see what unique elements she brings that isn't offered by others already on the team.
    Vixen is a distant choice for me, regarding a woman pick, because again what does she bring uniquely. She channels an elephant or ape and that still isn't strength level of others.
    Black Canary just has her cry and some karate moves. For the foes the JLA is fighting she logically should be incapacitated quickly.
    However, I see logic with Zatanna as well. Hers is a unique power set and has varied applications.

As for a male pick it would have to be Green Arrow. While the same argument used with Black Canary could be used on him he's the next "Big" character.
    Regarding your stance on Canary and League battles: do you feel that way about Bats as well?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Vixen, all day every day.

yes agree

I wouldn't include an eighth founder as continuity gets messed with too much as it is.
    But...the story with Triumph as a founder has potential but never was executed well.
    Black Canary was a founder post Crisis and besides being a great character also is a plus as another woman.
    Then you have Green Arrow and Hawkman as early members who deserve that spot as much as anyone.

Vixen, no question, because she solves the issue of Diana being the only woman and the team completely lacking any non-white humans. Doctor Light is the only other one who fits the bill with that criteria. Of course, if John or Jessica was there instead of Hal, then that opens up more options.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think the Justice League could use more Latin persuasion, so it has to be Vibe.

From a purely historical perspective, I would have to go with Green Arrow. He joined the team as early as the 4th issue of the original series, and was a mainstay for at least the next 20 years or so.

On the other hand, Zatara would be a legendary choice, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    I would say a woman for have more feminin members. Maybe Vixen or Starfire to have powerfull members or a complementary characters to the others members.
    In agreement with your choice of Starfire. If Cyborg is among the Big 7, then it'd be "old home week" for the NTT alumni.

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-25-2021 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Bwana Beast would be outside the box thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with your choice of Starfire. If Cyborg is among the Big 7, then it'd be "old home week" for the NTT alumnus.

This line-up had such potential.
    Alas, editorial interference...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    What does Hawkgirl add to the team? She flies and she hits things. Not much personality to speak of. Plus she can’t really have any long term romantic relationships with other characters because she’s so tied in with Hawkman.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with your choice of Starfire. If Cyborg is among the Big 7, then it'd be "old home week" for the NTT alumnus.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    This line-up had such potential.
    Alas, editorial interference...
    In complete agreement. I wanted so much to see Robinson move foward with this. It was a very frustrating run of JLA for me.

Peace