Extraordinary Member

Default Batman #113 Preview

Batman #113 Preview
    Writer: James Tynion IV
    Artist: Jorge Jimenez
    Backup Writer: Brandon Thomas
    Backup Artist: Jason Howard

I kind of wish this was just focused on the main Batman title and wasn't getting turned into yet another Gotham event. I guess this is the finale of Tynion's run so it has to be suitably epic and all-encompassing, but...still.

Also kind of weird who Batman's main allies in his own book is outside Babs, but I guess everybody else has their own tie-ins.

That scene in Renee's office is within spitting distance of confirming my theory that she's been a mole this whole time.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    That scene in Renee's office is within spitting distance of confirming my theory that she's been a mole this whole time.
    Would make a lot of sense.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Imagge won't show up

All-New Member

I think I will just come back to Batman issue comics in 2022, and see if Josh Williamson will have a different take on the Batman character stories.
    I am not sure if I am going to keep following current issues anymore from DC.
    There was a time when Batman actually did detective work and solved crimes in Batman and Detective Comics as opposed to one endless dystopia crisis after another.
    After "years" (how long I have lost track) of dystopia story lines, Tom King, then James Tynion, Dark Metal, Batman who laughs, Future State, Fear State, etc., I am sort of glad that James Tynion can move on to focus on to horror comics again. It is sort of enough dystopia for me for a while.

Astonishing Member

Well, to be fair, there won't be a dystopian future, this issue makes it clear. Future State is the universe, where Saint, as it seems, didn't come to Scarecrow for help and launched the Magistrate on his own, without any problems. Here, on the other hand, Saint allied himself with Crane, and this decision cost the Magistrate of the future, Scarecrow became their doom.

spoilers:
    I think Ivy would be immensely gratified to know that she is in Batman's top three kisses/sexual fantasies.

I wonder if Harley is in the top five.
    end of spoilers

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatsUSA View Post
    I think I will just come back to Batman issue comics in 2022, and see if Josh Williamson will have a different take on the Batman character stories.
    I am not sure if I am going to keep following current issues anymore from DC.
    There was a time when Batman actually did detective work and solved crimes in Batman and Detective Comics as opposed to one endless dystopia crisis after another.
    After "years" (how long I have lost track) of dystopia story lines, Tom King, then James Tynion, Dark Metal, Batman who laughs, Future State, Fear State, etc., I am sort of glad that James Tynion can move on to focus on to horror comics again. It is sort of enough dystopia for me for a while.
    You will be gone for many years, if my experience is anything to go by. I quit buying monthlies (in general not just Batman) at the start of Rebirth, with the intent to wait for a few trades to release to see how things panned out, it's near the end of 2021 and I barely bought any comics since!

I just don't miss comics the event story telling has became so ridiculous (all I want is for creators to tell a one and done story in 6 or so issues and move on to the next), more comforting re-reading the old stuff you know and love rather than risk anything new.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.