Incredible Member

Default Take this for whatever it's worth......

Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, Star Wars, and over 70 other Marvel comics delayed due to printer jam

https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-...o-printer-jam/

Hahaha even the printers are like "digital." lol. At this point they would make more money dropping the price of comics a dollar as an incentive and going purely digtial. Like remember web tv, where is the marvel smart tv app to read comics on your television as well. imagine how some of these "web toon" like comics would look slid through on your tv. a lot of art is done digitally now anyway. Don't get me wrong i love to draw on paper but i can't imagine how this is a good business model.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Hahaha even the printers are like "digital." lol. At this point they would make more money dropping the price of comics a dollar as an incentive and going purely digtial. Like remember web tv, where is the marvel smart tv app to read comics on your television as well. imagine how some of these "web toon" like comics would look slid through on your tv. a lot of art is done digitally now anyway. Don't get me wrong i love to draw on paper but i can't imagine how this is a good business model.

It'll likely make things worse. Look at all the older blueray players that shipped with netflix for example that no longer will connect to the service because neflix decided that the hardware in these players were too"old" or whatever to play the stuff they were playing with no problems before.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-29-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    It'll likely make things worse. Look at all the older blueray players that shipped with netflix for example that no longer will connect to the service because neflix decided that the hardware in these players were too"old" or whatever to play the stuff they were playing with no problems before.
    It doesn't need to be on a hardware per say but rather a data base that is retrieved for "streaming" so it's loading in it's entirety to that channel sort of like if someone was streaming a video game to a console. I mean i'm not a scientist or anything so this could totally not be possible but if it is i don't see why it wouldn't exist. Just like it would make more sense if there was a marvel unlimited option that existed with disney + if marvel is serious comics are for the apparently non existant children given the poll here though small in sample size i truly wouldn't expect much different results if it was expanded. So now it is not a case of comics are actually for kids/teens but rather marvel is still making comics for kids/teens not realizing it's uniqueness in that yes it appealed to children and kids in a time of war, in a time when they needed heroes and dad figures, and mom figures to looks up to but they haven't adjusted to the reality that a lot of kids are no longer in that situation and with the availability of other forms of entertainment it is quite obvious by the data imo that they are missing that it was the kids, the millennials that had a more "free" life and saw art more as entertainment started to see comics as a thing of enjoyment like fast food rather than a need to feel safe as children and people in war times may have felt.

So you have the children of boomers who prob introduced comics to their millennial cousins or nephew and nieces who are now a core part of the market but for the purposes of being entertained rather than beholden to past concepts as we are thinking more about the consequence of the times rather than looking particularly for an escape from valid hardships like in the past.

I will stop now as i didn't expect to ramble this much.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Damn! It'll be a sad day when books are no longer considered entertainment & become extinct.