Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82
  1. #31
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    But that's the point. They've chosen to keep her a villain. And her impetus is the same, which is tiresome.

    Agreed! And knowing that she wasn't intended to be a villain when first introduced, her character was basically dragged through the mud so that Scott and Jean could get back together guilt-free, and she hasn't really been given a chance to grow beyond that. She deserves a second chance as much as anyone on the Hellions team.

  2. #32
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    All the people sad about Hickman leaving; but this the real tragedy.

  3. #33
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    That being said, this isnít actually a surprise. Even if the solicits hadnít been heading this way, and they had been... Zeb just doesnít tend to do super long books. New Mutants was only a few issues longer. I expect this is just as he had it planned from the start.


    And really, what heís done with the book is extraordinary. Heís made Nanny a star. Kwannon and Greycrow have the most electric chemistry of any couple the X-books have seen in the last twenty years.

  4. #34
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Wish the title could go on with a new line up and put Wells on another book.

    Boring Howard and Duggan still having 2 books while good writers like Wells being out is a travesty.

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Whyyyyy???
    Marvel corner box petition: please sign and share with your friends https://chng.it/yr5j2dvwzB

  6. #36
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Whyyyyy???
    I think the new year is coming with a minor relaunch now that Hickman is out. Some teams and concepts will continue, but 2022 is probably going to be more of what writers want to do with the new status quo rather than any single overarching plan. Like before, we will get some real gems, and some forgettable crap out of it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think the new year is coming with a minor relaunch now that Hickman is out. Some teams and concepts will continue, but 2022 is probably going to be more of what writers want to do with the new status quo rather than any single overarching plan. Like before, we will get some real gems, and some forgettable crap out of it.
    *Sigh* I'm missing Hickman already.

  8. #38
    Incredible Member PhoenixThanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Orphan-Maker killed Wanda ?
    I enjoy anything Marvel cosmic, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

    (Marvel/DC fan for 42+ years)

  9. #39
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Orphan-Maker killed Wanda ?
    I doubt it. He probably killed Nanny’s AI baby out of jealousy.

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That being said, this isn’t actually a surprise. Even if the solicits hadn’t been heading this way, and they had been... Zeb just doesn’t tend to do super long books. New Mutants was only a few issues longer. I expect this is just as he had it planned from the start.


    And really, what he’s done with the book is extraordinary. He’s made Nanny a star. Kwannon and Greycrow have the most electric chemistry of any couple the X-books have seen in the last twenty years.
    He’s also done amazing work in making Kwannon and Greycow heroes.

  11. #41
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Line wide reset is upon us boys!

    But seriously this makes me sad, but it was written in the cards for a long time.

    If Wells was given the X-Men title, I would absolutely lose my shit. It actually wouldn't make me sad that Hickman is outta here

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Line wide reset is upon us boys!

    But seriously this makes me sad, but it was written in the cards for a long time.

    If Wells was given the X-Men title, I would absolutely lose my shit. It actually wouldn't make me sad that Hickman is outta here
    Hickman bought back Wells. He was also pursuing Gillen but that didn't happen. A lot has to do with how marvel editor is handling their writers.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  13. #43
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Hickman bought back Wells. He was also pursuing Gillen but that didn't happen. A lot has to do with how marvel editor is handling their writers.
    Dude why did you tell me that there was a possibility that Gillen was going to be part of Dawn of X!

    Now, I'm crying. I hope you're happy with making a grown man cry

  14. #44
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Agreed! And knowing that she wasn't intended to be a villain when first introduced, her character was basically dragged through the mud so that Scott and Jean could get back together guilt-free, and she hasn't really been given a chance to grow beyond that. She deserves a second chance as much as anyone on the Hellions team.
    And that pisses me off, especially since Jean was on her side in the beginning. From X-Factor #8:




  15. #45
    Fantastic Member MAR420X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    335

    Default

    its for the best everything is ending.. x of lives wolverine looks to be only the x book in the month of january. possibly gerry's x-men. skip month and resuming in Feb 2022

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •