Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Yeah, but in return we're getting... *checks notes* four new series based in Mark Millar's grimdark Old-Man-Logan-verse. Sound fair?
    Finally, Old Man Logan: Hulk x She-Hulk mini-series, perfect timing with Disney + series.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Hellions is ending? Nanny will get her revenge!

Astonishing Member

Lol!

Four old man Logan minis? That’s a lot… Seriously, is he getting a Disney series?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Lol!

Four old man Logan minis? That’s a lot… Seriously, is he getting a Disney series?
    At least it is not as bad as DC making over half of their line Batman.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Hickman bought back Wells. He was also pursuing Gillen but that didn't happen. A lot has to do with how marvel editor is handling their writers.
    Wells told in an interview (can't remember where, it was a podcast though) that he approached Hickman in one of the summits. Hickman told him it was cool but he had to to through the proper channels and then they would talk. I think Zeb had to send and email with his proposal or something along those lines. Some time later they called him and said he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    Wells told in an interview (can't remember where, it was a podcast though) that he approached Hickman in one of the summits. Hickman told him it was cool but he had to to through the proper channels and then they would talk. I think Zeb had to send and email with his proposal or something along those lines. Some time later they called him and said he was in.
    Elevator pitch: Nanny gets pissed and glasses Sinister.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Duggan just tweeted that Hellions was not cancelled, it was planned to end

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I still got Sword... which is, very likely, going to be closed/cancelled next. And Defenders...which probably won't last long. And DD... whatever happens with the title after Devil's Reign.
    Damn you Marvel, it was so good few years ago, almost perfect. Now all my favourite books are closed and I highly doubt next line-up is going to be as interesting- with Hickman and Spencer leaving, no Ewing on Hulk and Hellions closed.
    Defenders has always been a miniseries.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Duggan just tweeted that Hellions was not cancelled, it was planned to end
    I'm positive that's the case with both Way of X* and X-Corp as well; they were always minis and nothing will convince me otherwise.

*Although I still don't understand the rationale behind closing with a one-shot (instead of #6) that no one who didn't buy the first 5 issues was gonna buy anyway...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm positive that's the case with both Way of X* and X-Corp as well; they were always minis and nothing will convince me otherwise.

*Although I still don't understand the rationale behind closing with a one-shot (instead of #6) that no one who didn't buy the first 5 issues was gonna buy anyway...
    The point of the one shot is that #1s sell better *and* books with X-Men in the actual title sell better.

Spurrier has said that Way of X was built to be a mini that could become an ongoing series if the numbers were there. I think that’s how most Marvel books work.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The point of the one shot is that #1s sell better *and* books with X-Men in the actual title sell better.

Spurrier has said that Way of X was built to be a mini that could become an ongoing series if the numbers were there. I think that’s how most Marvel books work.
    Yes and Yes to both.

Having a one-shot is Marvel trying to goose the numbers.

I wonder if X-Men is going to end at #6 and get a new #1 after LOW/DOW (such a stupid title btw)

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yes and Yes to both.

Having a one-shot is Marvel trying to goose the numbers.

I wonder if X-Men is going to end at #6 and get a new #1 after LOW/DOW (such a stupid title btw)
    Don’t forget that the title is XLOW/XDOW... so the title is even dumber that that lol.

Ultimate Member

I just hope that Hellions ends with Alex being back to his old self and all traces of being inverted are finally and forever gone...

Mighty Member

So far Cable X-Facter children of the Atom and i think X-corp is ending with 5

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Don’t forget that the title is XLOW/XDOW... so the title is even dumber that that lol.
    Of course! We gotta cash in on them X's