Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Sad to see Hellions end but I hope Zeb Wells is going to take over the writing chores for New Mutants.

He's a great writer and his talents shouldn't be wasted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Sad to see Hellions end but I hope Zeb Wells is going to take over the writing chores for New Mutants.

He's a great writer and his talents shouldn't be wasted.
    Eh I hope Vita stays on that title personally. I love the idea of Zeb working with a bunch of villaness c-list misfits. I imagine his next title will be something similar to Hellions with Maddy as a central character.

This is NOT the news I want to wake up to. Really, Marvel? You're just gonna do it to me? Close one of the best books on the shelves?

Nooooooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    And that pisses me off, especially since Jean was on her side in the beginning. From X-Factor #8:

The class radiating off of Jean *chef’s kiss*

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Can't wait for them to bring Joseph back! Sure, he was killed because it was considered he endangered mutantkind, but he was his own person and Krakoa is about new chances, right? And wouldn't it be wonderful for Magneto to have a twin brother?

So let's get that ball rolling and redeem Strife too! Cable barely interacts with the family he already has, but he sure needs a twin brother!

Oh, wait... I forgot they only subject Jean to this BS (as if all the other derivative characters of hers weren't enough)... Silly me. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Merry Christmas, all your books are cancelled!
    I still got Sword... which is, very likely, going to be closed/cancelled next. And Defenders...which probably won't last long. And DD... whatever happens with the title after Devil's Reign.
    Damn you Marvel, it was so good few years ago, almost perfect. Now all my favourite books are closed and I highly doubt next line-up is going to be as interesting- with Hickman and Spencer leaving, no Ewing on Hulk and Hellions closed.

Last edited by jwatson; 09-15-2021 at 04:50 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Can't wait for them to bring Joseph back! Sure, he was killed because it was considered he endangered mutantkind, but he was his own person and Krakoa is about new chances, right? And wouldn't it be wonderful for Magneto to have a twin brother?

So let's get that ball rolling and redeem Strife too! Cable barely interacts with the family he already has, but he sure needs a twin brother!

Oh, wait... I forgot they only subject Jean to this BS (as if all the other derivative characters of hers weren't enough)... Silly me. Never mind.
    Wolverine has Daken, Laura, and Gabby has derívate characters. Hulk has She Hulk, Skar, Amadeus Cho, and other Hulk derivatives.

Peter Parker just had Ben Reilly return and there’s Miles Morales and Spider Woman. Deadpool as Gwen Pool. Thor has Jane Foster/Valkyrie.

So I’m not sure why you think it’s terrible Jean has several derivative characters.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Wolverine has Daken, Laura, and Gabby has derívate characters. Hulk has She Hulk, Skar, Amadeus Cho, and other Hulk derivatives.

Peter Parker just had Ben Reilly return and there’s Miles Morales and Spider Woman. Deadpool as Gwen Pool. Thor has Jane Foster/Valkyrie.

So I’m not sure why you think it’s terrible Jean has several derivative characters.
    I'm not sure why you think that's the most relevant part of what I said.

I'm sad to hear this book is ending. It has been such a fun ride from the beginning. The X-Books won't be the same without it.

But I'm excited to hear that Madelyne is coming back. I think her presence will definitely add some juicy drama to the mix. I hope she gets to meet up with the Summers family at some point. That would be a gloriously awkward conversation, to say the least.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Easily the best written book... and now it's gone.

Re: Maddie... Yesh, kween!
    At least we get some resolution on the Maddie resurrection story. I hope she becomes a regular thorn in the X-Men's side.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    This is NOT the news I want to wake up to. Really, Marvel? You're just gonna do it to me? Close one of the best books on the shelves?
    Yeah, but in return we're getting... *checks notes* four new series based in Mark Millar's grimdark Old-Man-Logan-verse. Sound fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The class radiating off of Jean *chef’s kiss*
    I know. It's so beautiful it hurts.

I'm so sad to see this book ending. Even if it wasn't the most important book, central to core story, it was actually my favorite read most months. At least we have a few more issues, and I hope Wells picks up another title in the X-line. He took a bunch of characters that I had no interest in -over half the cast in fact - and made them interesting and funny.