Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

This one hurts bad. Most fun book I've read in long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think all these current DoX books end in December: Hellions, X-Corp, X-Force, Excalibur, New Mutants and Marauders. Maybe X-Men and Wolverine continue, maybe not.

I think first we only get the lives and deaths of Wolverine weekly, which are similar die to hoe they did HoX, PoX.

After that we will get launched off some new X-books.

Now what titles have they not used yet? Hmmm, X-Treme X-Men, Dark Riders, the Acolytes, X-Terminators, Academy X, Morlocks, Exiles. Well at least some will likely be used but have nothing in common with the teams who carried the titles before. As that seems to be the gimmick.

So after Dawn of X and Realm of X, what will be the nectar phase? Siege of X, Era of X, End of X?
    I have an inkling that they might go with less obscure titles like Uncanny, Astonishing, Amazing, etc. X-Men.

Amazing Member

Not too worried. Is obvious Marvel is doing an approach of short seasons ala WOX. Most series will "end" to actually be renumbered or retitled after Lives and Deaths of Wolverine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I have an inkling that they might go with less obscure titles like Uncanny, Astonishing, Amazing, etc. X-Men.
    X-treme X-men and Exiles wouldn't be too obscure though. Albeit i think the former just doesn't work well in 202X anymore.

Honestly, I wish they would stop bringing her back as a villain. It's so degrading to her and who she was. It's like she's stuck in a perpetual traumatized and rageous state.

BANNED

Sucks that this is ending, but I think it's likely Zeb sticks around for whatever is next.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Honestly, I wish they would stop bringing her back as a villain. It's so degrading to her and who she was. It's like she's stuck in a perpetual traumatized and rageous state.
    Actually Zeb might not be doing that, I hope/think that Maddy was always being groomed as the next member of the team. Misunderstood villain of first arc, mentioned a few times since then bring her back to join the team in the next arc, it has been done many times before. If so I can't wait. Maddy really fits on the team, mutants with questionable histories with the good mutants of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Actually Zeb might not be doing that, I hope/think that Maddy was always being groomed as the next member of the team. Misunderstood villain of first arc, mentioned a few times since then bring her back to join the team in the next arc, it has been done many times before. If so I can't wait. Maddy really fits on the team, mutants with questionable histories with the good mutants of Krakoa.
    I hope so. I also hope they plan on having her and Jean interact in a meaningful way. They could create something really special l with that dynamic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Sucks that this is ending, but I think it's likely Zeb sticks around for whatever is next.
    Feels like a 50/50 chance to me. Also if he doesn't feel like writing another x-title, it might be better if he doesn't. Hellions seemed to have worked so well because he was enthused to work with this setup and use more obscure characters.

Though if he writes another book, i kinda hope he uses Marrow on it. He only wrote her in that losers short with Armor, but that allready felt like a better characterization to me than most of her appearances the last 20 years.

I'm aware she is on the Dark Riders but that team only seems to exist in theory and things might possible get thrown around because of the events of Inferno anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I can understand the sentiment, but Madelyn Pryor was only a heroic character for 5-6 years - she first appeared in 1983 and Inferno started in 1988. She has been a villain for a vastly longer period of time than she has anything else.

Of course, I think the bigger issue is that the X-Men are almost all out of villains, and most of the ones left are pretty lame. Madelyn may actually be the best one they have left.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I can understand the sentiment, but Madelyn Pryor was only a heroic character for 5-6 years - she first appeared in 1983 and Inferno started in 1988. She has been a villain for a vastly longer period of time than she has anything else.
    But that's the point. They've chosen to keep her a villain. And her impetus is the same, which is tiresome.

Of course, I think the bigger issue is that the X-Men are almost all out of villains, and most of the ones left are pretty lame. Madelyn may actually be the best one they have left.
    I can understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That is my hope. He's too good to leave us and I hope this at least spins into something else with him at the helm.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hellions cancelled, wtf ?
    One of the best X books out there ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Fantastic Member

Hellions was probably my favorite book in this era, and the most unexpected one. What Wells managed to do with this cast was amazing! At least they're bringing back Maddie on the way out.

I can't lie I was cool with this girl staying dead IDK why he feels the need to bring her back.