Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Star Wars: Tales of the Empire

Wonder if Bariss figures out that Vader is Anakin and he kills her because of it, even if she passes the test. (She doesn't seem to be among the Inquisitor groups we've seen in other pre-ANH media) At least early on Vader is extremely protective of the information and often kills those who figure it out.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-04-2024 at 10:33 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Niffleheim

Elsbeth is a bore but at least I have my Barriss Offee back and surprisingly as an Inquisitor.

I hope this isn't just another hanging thread where a female jedi character's story is quickly closed with having Vader kill her like they had Dooku kill Yaddle.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-05-2024 at 07:04 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Elsbeth is a bore but at least I have my Barriss Offee back and surprisingly as an Inquisitor.

I hope this isn't just another hanging thread where a female jedi character's story is quickly closed with having Vader kill her like they had Dooki kill Yaddle.
    I excited for Bariss' story to continue but I do worry about her being killed to close off her story here. Just because it is kind of weird to build her up as part of the Inquisitors but she was never encountered in all of Rebels?

There is a chance maybe they are revealing this now because a potential Ahsoka season 2 or something might have Bariss as an antagonist and this is leading to that reveal, but then they have to come up with reasons for Bariss to still be an inquisitor so much later.

Extraordinary Member

It is not a coincidence that the focus is on Ahsoka's 2 primary antagonists. Bariss is the ghost of her past and the reason she left the Jedi Order, and Morgan was the primary antagonist of Ahsoka season 1 and the final boss she faced there.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I excited for Bariss' story to continue but I do worry about her being killed to close off her story here. Just because it is kind of weird to build her up as part of the Inquisitors but she was never encountered in all of Rebels?

There is a chance maybe they are revealing this now because a potential Ahsoka season 2 or something might have Bariss as an antagonist and this is leading to that reveal, but then they have to come up with reasons for Bariss to still be an inquisitor so much later.
    It'd be a better story if she was actually the one that hunted down Luminara and killed her and brought her body to the Inquisitor to be used as bait for the other Jedi.

Honestly I don't know how I want Barriss' story to go. Should she go fully dark side or pretending to be dark just to survive?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Barris!

Elsbeth!

Thrawn!

Grand Inquisitor!

Grievous!

Darth Vader!!!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That looked pretty good to me, and more development of Elsbeth sounds like a good idea.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

Wonder if they'd use the same actress from AOTC, Nalani Krishan. She does a lot of the SW convention circuit.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth