Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Disney to Ruin Indiana Jones next...

Fresh off really over exposing Star Wars and ruining it for a lot of fans ; Disney's next plan is to ruin Indiana Jones next.

According to rumors Indy will pass the bullwhip and fedora to...his female assistant. As Disney hopes to create their version of Tomb Raider.

Its the most idiot move. When we folks go see Indiana Jones...we wanna see Indy. We don't go to watch Lara Croft. And the same holds true for us who watch and play Tomb Raider games/movies.

We wanna see Lara Croft. Same with Uncharted.

But it appears Disney doesn't understand it. They can recast Indy and give us a classic Indy vs Nazis film in 30s or 40s.

The 4th film really wasn't good. I'm not a fan of how it went. But...the franchise clearly ended with #4. So yeah ...not gonna watch.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

I mean, George already ruined it...

All joking aside, Who really cares at this point. Harrison Ford won't be able to do it for much longer.

Anyway, i thought they were gonna have meme man as the next indy. Oh well.

Also with Star Wars, People forget, it's a retroactive like for the prequels. Before And even after the release of episode 7, the prequels were considered a joke.

Outside of memes, there's really no real entertainment value.
    This is coming from somebody Who doesn't regard the prequels or sequels in my head canon

Funny thing about there being Indy in the 30s and 40s, it's rumored that they're going to "Luke Skywalker" Ford into a flashback sequence of the film. Ford was seen having dots on his face with a scene featuring some World War II stuff and one stunt guy had a mask that looked like 1980's Indy. Mangold has some experience in that area-X-24 from Logan.

As for Phoebe I suppose it's possible. Interestingly, She co-wrote NO TIME TO DIE which reportedly-and sort of in a similar controversy-has Bond replaced as a 00 by Lashana Lynch, although Bond of course is still Bond although it's unclear if the film will end with him reclaiming the 007 status. (Safin does refer to him as having a "license to kill"...) although at least in that case SPECTRE's ending did strongly imply Bond was retiring.

Then of course her other Lucasfilm character, L3 was also something fans didn't like either.

There were of course many rumors that Mutt would take the mantle during the press into the fourth film, but of course that turned out to kind of be a bit of a joke in the final film. Not sure if recasting a younger actor as Indy is a good idea either. Didn't work the first time on TV really and of course SOLO was a flop.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

They had him survive a nuke in a fridge but having him pass the mantle to a woman is where you draw the line?
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What happened to Shia Labeouf?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I kind of agree here, Star Wars is more a gender neutral thing, but Indiana Jones seems to exclusively to a male audience. However, saying it will be "ruined" is childish.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I mean, George already ruined it...
    All joking aside, Who really cares at this point. Harrison Ford won't be able to do it for much longer.
    It can be argued he can't do it now. Didn't he just suffer a major injury right as they started filming?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What happened to Shia Labeouf?
    He went bat-s**t crazy.

Also regarding the Lara comparison, anything with Pheobe would probably take place in the 70s-80s/be a period piece etc (Part of the charm of the Indy films anyway) so technically it'd be closer to something like "Kong: Skull Island" rather than Lara's more modern day settings.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They had him survive a nuke in a fridge but having him pass the mantle to a woman is where you draw the line?
    If I wanna watch or play Lara Croft I do that. When I go see Indiana Jones I wanna see Indy facing threats he's encountering from 30's to 50's from Nazi's to Communists.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I kind of agree here, Star Wars is more a gender neutral thing, but Indiana Jones seems to exclusively to a male audience. However, saying it will be "ruined" is childish.
    Yeah , gonna be pretty terrible. I mean just calling it now , the 4th film was not good given what we saw. Yet , it should have ended things there. (I didn't agree with Mutt being Indy either...just recast the role...and tell stories from 30's to 50's)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Personally I draw the line at both - although in the latter case it isn't him passing the mantle to a woman, it's him passing the mantle period I'm against. Recast, reboot, but no passing the mantle/torch/whip.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Personally I draw the line at both - although in the latter case it isn't him passing the mantle to a woman, it's him passing the mantle period I'm against. Recast, reboot, but no passing the mantle/torch/whip.
    Agreed 100%.

Recast or reboot, forget about that mantle thing.

Astonishing Member

They tried to pass the mantle to a guy before, it didn't take.

That said, why not cast the guy who did young Han Solo?

Plenty of great stuff has come from plans far more questionable than this one sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They tried to pass the mantle to a guy before, it didn't take.

That said, why not cast the guy who did young Han Solo?
    I think if Disney was smart they could have used Ford and a young actor. To give "the rub to" here in wrestling way. In it we see old Indy with his wife relaxing at home as one of the grand kids pull out one of his old note books. He then starts the story ...flashing back to the 1930's and young Indy (new actor). Then his story begins....

At the end of the film old Indy can be seen looking at the audience in a way. "I have had a lot of adventures in my life. A huge number that many don't know about. But stick around and you will see them I'm sure..." (winks at camera as he walks off with wife. Notebook shows young actor in role.

That should be done. You then don't need Ford in the films ahead. The audience already knows ____ is Indy now.

Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones was his name, it's not a mantle to be passed around.

What is with "geek culture" and it's whole obsession with mantles and legacies being passed around anyways? It's a completely ludicrous concept.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"