Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Not going to disagree.

I want to see a college-level Short Round whose following in indy's footprints.
    Marion is Indy's true love and the fact that she's a cussing crazy lady whose likely to be an adventurer is part of the fun.
    Sallah is awesome and got to know John-Rhys Davis wants to work (he's really reminded me of Pat Moria these days).
    Brodie should be way more raiders where (he's probably indy plus 20 years) and not the fop he was in the crusade.

But maybe it's a good thing it isn't because we kinda know what will happen (as shown by the young indiana jones chronicles).

1. Expect Indy to have met everybody remotely famous. Historical Cameos galore.
    2. Indy went from "treasure hunter with questionable ethics" to superhero that knows everything (see that infamous language off he had with that one woman).
    3. You think we have racism now? Just think back to temple of doom, much less the actual 30's when it takes place.
    4. With point 3 in mind, how much can they use the Nazi's as bad guys before we need a new foe?

Then again doing indy as five minute stinger serials that tell a story could be seriously awesome.

Man seriously conflicted

I sort of meant expanded material as stuff outside the films in general. There was a push around the time of KOTCS, with a new action figure line, an original novel dealing how Indy met Mac, the Lego Indy video game and some comics but not much has been done since apart from the second Lego game, the "Staff of Kings" (Which was originally meant to be PS3 but wound up on Wii instead I think) and the recently announced Bethesda game. Indy's a big part of pop culture of course but never quite had the marketing pull that it's "sister series" Star Wars has.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-15-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

It still might be fun. I'd give it a go.

Probably its just me, but I would like the movie to go back to showing at least some real archaeology. The first movie is still the only one to show an actual dig, like archaeologists really do (yes, it was Nazi archaeologists, but so what). In a lot of ways, archaeology is still conducted in the same way today as it was in the 1940s. There are new technologies like ground-penetrating radar and LIDAR, but its pretty much the same, mostly done by digging with hand tools. I just like the balance of adventure and investigation, with a little bit of education along the way. Less chase scenes and violence.

Personally, I think a female version of the character could work quite well.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

That's part of why the story possibly dealing with the space race has me a little nervous. At least KOTCS sort of still covered the alien stuff to a degree with the El Dorado legend.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They had him survive a nuke in a fridge but having him pass the mantle to a woman is where you draw the line?
    It's his name, not a title. If they want to do a spinoff series that's one thing but she isn't "Indiana Jones."

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    It's his name, not a title. If they want to do a spinoff series that's one thing but she isn't "Indiana Jones."
    Agreed, this is sort of the same as Jane Foster being said to take Thor’s own name in the comics when he became unworthy and writers insisting she was THE Thor. James Bond having a female agent with the 007 position but not literally stealing his own name is fine. It would be as insulting to this new character that Phoebe is playing, that she’s not her own person, as it would be to Harrison’s Indiana. I told my dad about this and he said that minus the suggestion of taking the name from him, returning the series to the 30’s era would be a great idea, which I have to agree with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Indiana is not his name. His name is Henry Jr.

Indiana is a nickname. And more than one person can have the same nickname.

And until a spin off series actually comes out, people are just complaining about unsupported rumors.

All I want to know is this...is Kathleen Kennedy involved in ANY of this?

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    All I want to know is this...is Kathleen Kennedy involved in ANY of this?
    Well as the head of Lucasfilm, I'm going to say "Yes."

Ultimate Member

Kennedy was involved in the original Indiana Jones movies back in the 80's as an associate producer ( and as a producer of dozens of other movies over the years that made money). It's fine to not like the new Star Wars films for whichever reason, but people need to stop acting like she's some Johnny Come Lately who forced her way into Lucasfilms cuz SJW agenda or whatever...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Kennedy was involved in the original Indiana Jones movies back in the 80's as an associate producer ( and as a producer of dozens of other movies over the years that made money). It's fine to not like the new Star Wars films for whichever reason, but people need to stop acting like she's some Johnny Come Lately who forced her way into Lucasfilms cuz SJW agenda or whatever...
    But that doesn't fit with the narrative of women ruining movies!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't know anybody who's aware of Kennedy that thinks she's an entity that came out of nowhere. They know she was handpicked by Lucas when Disney took over. I'm sure she's a fine producer but she's been a fumbling as a studio head.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't know anybody who's aware of Kennedy that thinks she's an entity that came out of nowhere. They know she was handpicked by Lucas when Disney took over. I'm sure she's a fine producer but she's been a fumbling as a studio head.
    Funny how people love to forget that she signed off on the stuff they loved, not just the stuff they hated.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Funny how people love to forget that she signed off on the stuff they loved, not just the stuff they hated.
    Exactly. I've seen people literally state this, i.e. she has nothing to do with the Mandalorian or Clone Wars.