Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Eh. It's a subjective thing. Sure, I want Bruce and Clark, but on the other hand, I want Barry and Hal (not the Golden Age guys). Frankly, I've come to like Kamala as Ms. Marvel more than Carol (but I love that Carol is Capt.). Sometimes, legacies are good.
    Barry and Hal are not legacies in the traditional sense, never have been. They're about the worst you can do in arguing for legacies they're so far removed from the basic concept as it is usually done and thought of. And Kamala doesn't quite count either because Carol is still a main character superhero with Marvel in her name. It's kind of easy to argue for legacy when you focus on the least legacy-like legacies there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Three things of note here;

1) Rumours. Presumably from one of those sites/YouTube channels that are always talking about SJW's and how "woke" things are when something casts someone that isn't a straight, white male.

2) Ruined? Crystal Skull. Nuff said.

3) On a personal note, I'd be all over this (in the highly unlikely event there's a grain of truth in it). Though I consider myself pretty liberal, in all honesty, my reasons for being pro-female casting are probably more shallow/superficial ones. Ultimately, I'd just always rather see a woman in a kick-ass action role than a bloke.
    I don't know your gore tolerance, but if you want to see more of that you should go watch James Wan new movie Malignant (if you haven't already).

- Original Story with a unique concept

- Female lead cast, with the main relationship focusing on familial love and not romantic love

- Amazing and creative action scenes

- self aware and campy tone

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hollywood is almost nothing but soulless remakes and reboots now. I'd rather Indiana Jones just not get any more movies and actual new ideas get made. We're not getting a true new Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Ghostbusters etc. because the imagination either just isn't there anymore it won't be cultivated.

But if it's made, a woman starring as the lead is not going to inherently ruin anything. it could still be bad, but not for that reason. And if it's bad or becomes popular in its own right, it won't erase the originals anyway, so the internet doesn't need to freak out too much (but we know it will).
    If it's a hit, franchise it to ****.

Personally, I've never been big on the Indiana Jones franchise. The franchise hasn't been relevant for a long time anyway, so I'd rater Disney just spend their billions on an original movie concept.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 09-24-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So a big rumor on the script one channel is claiming is a RUMOR.....ok...here it is. Take in mind its a rumor at this stage.

-

-

-

-

- Indy (Ford) and the Walker Bridge character chase the villain in this (played by Antonio Banderas) to Stonehenge as he has a relic. Its he opens a portal with this object there. Which has the Bridge character and Indy follow him into this magic portal.

- Now this is where things go even more loopy insane for an Indiana Jones film. The duo emerge in World War II in 1940's.

- Later they get in a trap and battle the Banderas character and get an assist from....YOUNG INDY ! Yes young Indiana Jones with deep fake technology arrives to help the older version of himself and Bridge. During this young Indy has some object placed on him and he ...disappears. Older Indy hands his hat to Bridge as he's dying and tells her ...its her turn. He disappears as there was no Indiana Jones now and its just Bridge as the character.

- The film ends with a To Be Continued ....ON Disney+ .

-

- This is a rumored script for Indiana Jones V. I'd hope its all false but reads like complete and utter sh-t.

Again its a rumor. Not a fact.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Time travel would be even goofier than the last movie. Even Star Wars keeps that at arm's length.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Time travel would be even goofier than the last movie. Even Star Wars keeps that at arm's length.
    Yeah I know. I hope its just a stupid rumor. No company could be this legit stupid to throw this in. The erasing the Ford , Indiana Jones from existence would be lighting money on fire comically. (Disney can sell figures and merch of Indiana Jones and characters for years ...etc. Its a franchise set to make money with cartoons etc)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I don't think Indiana Jones figures have ever been big sellers. The 2008 line (Which was intended to include all four movies) I think did relatively poorly and quickly wound up in the bargain bin, with several of the lines either very rare (Temple of Doom/Last Crusade) or cancelled and only released through conventions (Raiders wave 2). Didn't help that many of the figures weren't the best quality.

Comic and novel lines have also been fairly poor sellers.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-12-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I have no objection with a spin-off for Phoebe Waller Bridge’s character, just as long as she isn’t literally calling herself Indiana Jones like it’s suddenly her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I have no objection with a spin-off for Phoebe Waller Bridge’s character, just as long as she isn’t literally calling herself Indiana Jones like it’s suddenly her name.
    Indiana itself is a pseudonym, though, as last crusade reveals.

Ultimate Member

Yeah but he didn't just pick the name out of a hat, Indy admits that it was the name of a favorite dog from his youth, that he had a lot of fond memories of the dog so it's different...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I hope that's exactly what they have her do. Indiana is a gender-neutral name. Anyone can be "Indiana Jane" if you believe you can! I predict the series will reach new, brave & stunning heights like never before.

I can't wait.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I think I'm ready to move on from this franchise. Like I already have done from Star Wars, Star Trek, and (probably) the MCU.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't buy the time travel "leak" at all.

I've not see all the SW cartoons but the live action fare doesn't touch time travel. That trope is a strong Star Trek one though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

^Yeah, in fact Picard season two is going back to that well *again*.

Recent photos seem to show Indy and Pheobe's character seemingly parachuting into a Greek/Roman battle-an ancient one. Maybe there's something to the time travel rumors after all. Or maybe it's just a historical flashback shot in the same location. Outside of the comics/video games/novels I don't think Indy had that much to do with the Greek or Roman stuff, although they remain very popular in history/archaeology.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-14-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Film's been delayed nearly a year to Summer 2023. Several Marvel films were also delayed although not nearly as long.

I think the film was scheduled to open the same weekend as Black Adam, maybe Disney's a little nervous about that? I don't think it's as much a COVID thing since (hopefully) March next year might see the pandemic wind down. Or it could be that there's been some production issues (such as Ford's injury) and they need more time for reshoots and post.