Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Recent photos seem to show Indy and Pheobe's character seemingly parachuting into a Greek/Roman battle-an ancient one. Maybe there's something to the time travel rumors after all. Or maybe it's just a historical flashback shot in the same location. Outside of the comics/video games/novels I don't think Indy had that much to do with the Greek or Roman stuff, although they remain very popular in history/archaeology.
    Live Roman soldiers interacting with Indiana Jones??? Such nonsense! Yes, there were a few rambunctious phantoms in Raiders #1 & sure Sir Galahad makes a "brief" appearance in Last Crusade. But time travel? Ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Film's been delayed nearly a year to Summer 2023. Several Marvel films were also delayed although not nearly as long.

I think the film was scheduled to open the same weekend as Black Adam, maybe Disney's a little nervous about that? I don't think it's as much a COVID thing since (hopefully) March next year might see the pandemic wind down. Or it could be that there's been some production issues (such as Ford's injury) and they need more time for reshoots and post.
    It's not like they're delaying it for re-writes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well Disney has now delayed Indiana Jones V into 2023 now. No reason is given for delay but rumors are Disney has started to realize that this could go bad from rumored script leaks. Either way we will be saved a pure crap show in 2022.

https://ew.com/movies/indiana-jones-...vie-premieres/
    DOOMCOCK WAS RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    While it's true Disney's definitely riding the "woke" train

(I don't think there was a white Anglosaxon male hero under 60 in the new Star Wars film cannon. It seemed like their sole purpose was to nobly sacrifice themselves and get out of the way for the new diverse generation lol)

the idea of a female Indiana Jones doesn't bother me so much. What bugs me is that it means it's going to take place in the 50's or 60's, and for me, Indiana Jones is a timepiece that should remain in the 1920's to 1940's early 50's at the latest.
    Wouldn't it mean that Indiana Jones himself would have been erased & replaced? Such a clever move if one were to have ill intentions.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; Yesterday at 10:49 AM. Reason: DOOMCOCK WAS RIGHT!!!

Incredible Member Captain Nostalgia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Live Roman soldiers interacting with Indiana Jones??? Such nonsense! Yes, there were a few rambunctious phantoms in Raiders #1 & sure Sir Galahad makes a "brief" appearance in Last Crusade. But time travel? Ridiculous!

It's not like they're delaying it for re-writes, right?

DOOMCOCK WAS RIGHT!

Wouldn't it mean that Indiana Jones himself would have been erased & replaced? Such a clever move if one were to have ill intentions.
    Yes, but they would never do that, it would cause too much back lash and uproar.

I suppose the obvious question will arise. Why call the movie Indiana Jones, if it is no longer starring Indiana???
    The obvious answer; they want to be able to piggy back on a successful name brand of the past for profit.

Personally, I would rather they just retire the genre than trying to suck every last dollar out of it.

For me, Indiana Jones will always be Harrison Ford...it doesn't matter who they pick. Don't ruin it by retroactivating it. Let it be remembered as a great trilogy of the 1980's, and let's forget the last one.