Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Mangold seems really butthurt about Doomcock, ultimately if it means that the movie is devoid of what might or might not have been planned with ‘replacing’ Indy, so much the better. Doubt we’ll ever get a straight answer but I can be certain both Mangold and Doomcock will say that they ‘won’.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Thought the trailer looked awesome and it's great to have Sallah back only thing that would make this perfect is an appearance by Short Round.
    Ke Huay Quan of course returned to acting recently so I wouldn't rule it out.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Mangold seems really butthurt about Doomcock, ultimately if it means that the movie is devoid of what might or might not have been planned with ‘replacing’ Indy, so much the better. Doubt we’ll ever get a straight answer but I can be certain both Mangold and Doomcock will say that they ‘won’.
    When you have Ford (since 2019) boldly creating headlines by saying no one will replace him in the franchise (in an Indy titled film at least), that makes me think Mangold would never have got this gig without agreeing ahread of time with Ford and Kathleen Kennedy (and Spielberg who said he'd never kill off Indy) as far as a seemingly united strong front that replacing Indy in any way (in any Indy titled film) is not happening.

The short version: Harrison Ford is probably calling the shots more than we know than newcomer-to-franchise Mangold on Indy's future/end. And so I doubt Mangold has changed his mind on anything due to any rumors.

https://www.nme.com/news/harrison-fo...e-role-2493103
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-05-2022 at 06:47 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

First heard this on campeas show. Knew the "early screening" was bull when I first heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    When you have Ford (since 2019) boldly creating headlines by saying no one will replace him in the franchise (in an Indy titled film at least), that makes me think Mangold would never have got this gig without agreeing ahread of time with Ford and Kathleen Kennedy (and Spielberg who said he'd never kill off Indy) as far as a seemingly united strong front that replacing Indy in any way (in any Indy titled film) is not happening.

The short version: Harrison Ford is probably calling the shots more than we know than newcomer-to-franchise Mangold on Indy's future/end. And so I doubt Mangold has changed his mind on anything due to any rumors.

https://www.nme.com/news/harrison-fo...e-role-2493103
    Yeah-with Han Ford had been trying to get rid of the character since 1980 so his TFA death was pretty much set in stone. He's always liked Indy better.

They've released some details of the toys if you care for those. There will be a toy whip (safe of course) and also an Indy toy with a "whip action" feature and sounds.

There's also Helena with bike, Indy with World War II motorcycle, Indy with World War II plane and Indy with a white horse which seems to be the one from RAIDERS while the others seem to be "Dial of Destiny" specific.

Biggest reveal is that Helena's last name is Shaw, which doesn't really correspond to any other major Indy character, but possibly one from YIJ. Or a totally new character we never heard from before like Oxley.

A proper Short Round film or series could really work. Loved Short Round so much and even loved Wu Han even though we only met him briefly, his death scene moved me (Not this time, Indy. I followed you on many adventures but into the great unknown mystery I go first, Indy...so much characterization packed into so few words) (and I loved Temple overall, which for me is very nearly as great as Raiders).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-13-2023 at 11:33 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fan poster for the Short Round series idea:
    Attachment 128643

so what years would correspond with how old Mr. Quan is now?
    what city would he be based out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what years would correspond with how old Mr. Quan is now?
    what city would he be based out of?
    According to 2008's Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide (licensed thru Lucasfilm), Short Round was born in 1926. So he'd be, for example, 20 years old in 1946 after WWII. Quan is 51 yrs old now, so it'd be 1977 (cue Star Wars theater marquee background scene!) for Short Round if we were strict about it all (though you can fudge age a little I would think like if the director/writer wanted it to be 1975 or 1979 instead or something) .

What little we know of Short Round that seems likely canon (or pretty clearly was to Lucasfilm), from Lucasfilm's (now defunct) IndianaJones.com (which the pages are archived)..."After these adventures in India, Shorty accompanied Indiana Jones to America, where he found a new life."

I have no idea really where Shortie might live, no one does, but I would more figure Short Round might have lived in California or New York, perhaps if he sought out a immigrant community similarish to where he came from, in a city where there were plentiful and easier job opportunities and such. And Indy's time teaching at Barnett College (fictional) was in Fairfield, New York, not too far from NYC (so Indy might have been there in NY still some into the early/mid 1950s while Shortie was still in his adult 20s, assuming Indy and Shortie would want to live near each other for a time).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-23-2023 at 07:08 AM.

Might be fun to have Short Round still live in India and be connected to the Maharajah he saved.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQfMbSe7F2g

New trailer, kind of buried by all the news from it's older sister Lucasfilm franchise.

Few things:

-Indy is retiring from his teacher job.

-Reference to the voodoo torture from Temple of Doom, also (indirectly) his arm getting shot in Raiders.

-The Toby Jones character is the father of Phoebe's, and was driven crazy by the artifact. Since that's very similar to what happened to John Hurt's Oxley in Crystal Skull, I wonder if the character was originally intended to be Oxley in an earlier version of the script, but was changed when John Hurt died.

-Increasingly looking like the Dial is a time travel thing, again.

-Banderas seems to be a ship captain of some kind judging by his look. Wonder if it's the BANTU WIND, the Freighter that Indy and Marion tried to smuggle the Ark to England from? However, if so, what's stopping them bringing back George Harris as Katanga?
    Unless the U-boat really did blow the ship from the water...
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-07-2023 at 07:39 AM.

Well, I'm excited, that looked so awesome!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Well, I'm excited, that looked so awesome!
    Yeah, it definitely looks fun to me.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Wonder if Marion's absence will be explained or not.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)