Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Daily Mail article which is linked in CBR article...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ana-Jones.html

Part of me wonders if we will get a Ghostbusters 2016 situation in the future where those of us who had no intention of seeing that film are painted as misogynists , trolls etc. Even though we liked the actors (I did like all those involved from SNL ). I shall always remember that one where we'd be sitting there watching people get angry on how "we didn't give the film a chance !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    CBR is right wing media ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NdtYpvECm8

Its lifted from Daily Mail report.
    And now you bring CM punk into it…

Hey, so, from the article you posted afterward, can you quote any bit of that that includes the words “Lara” or “Croft”? Apparently I’m an idiot and can’t read.

Astonishing Member

Part of me wonders if we will get a Ghostbusters 2016 situation in the future where those of us who had no intention of seeing that film are painted as misogynists , trolls etc. Even though we liked the actors (I did like all those involved from SNL ). I shall always remember that one where we'd be sitting there watching people get angry on how "we didn't give the film a chance !"

That article is nothing but gossip and nonsense.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Things should be allowed to end.

We shouldn't have new Indiana Jones movies on and on forever, until the character becomes a punchline.

Raiders wouldn't get greenlit today because it wasn't part of a recognizable pre-existing franchise. That's really all that matters.

Number one it said "Could" not that it's happening and also if she did, so what?

Isn't this what people use to say they wanted?

Don't gender swap or race swap a character create a new character who is a female or POC in the franchise.

Well that's what they did.

Astonishing Member

If you don't plan on seeing a movie in the theater, no one cares. That doesn't get you labeled as a misogynist, troll, etc.

Complaining about unverified rumors that a woman will be a hero in a previously male led franchise for a movie that has yet to come out is what gets you called misogynist, troll, etc.

Imagine being called "woke" by the newspaper that wanted Britain to team up with the Nazis.

Also, you seem to remember the time when fans of the original Ghostbusters film ignored the reboot they didn't like with quiet, stoic dignity, very differently from me.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

We shouldn't have new Indiana Jones movies on and on forever, until the character becomes a punchline.

Raiders wouldn't get greenlit today because it wasn't part of a recognizable pre-existing franchise. That's really all that matters.
    I actually think it'd be easier today. Lucas and Spielberg went to the studios with Raiders and even they had issues with getting picked up by a Studio due to various issues. The only thing that got Eisner who was the head of Paramount at the time to greenlit it was Lucas agreeing to give Paramount exclusive sequel rights. But if let's say Nolan and the Russo Brothers went to the Studios today and said we have this great idea for a action adventure film that could potentially be spun off into a franchise any takers? You really think there wouldn't be a bidding war? The industry is so hungry for exclusive content on their Streaming Services so the idea of having some of the biggest names in Hollywood potentially make the next big franchise and have it be yours and yours alone is more appealing then ever before IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    What’s dismissive is hating on a movie based on a rumor that, in my Google searches so far, I’ve been unable to substantiate, and OP didn’t provide any “evidence” of.

But you do you I guess.
    I don't - please, do not make assumptions of me. I would hate it if it happens, yes, but I'm not hating on a movie this early in, rumor or no. I can hate on an idea separately of hating a movie based on a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Who is talking about Raiders?
    Meant Last Crusade's intro, my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

New things get greenlight all the time - John Wick being one of the most successful examples in the action genre in recent years.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 09-15-2021 at 06:17 AM.

I'm kind of curious who's going to be doing a lot of the action in the movie-if you look at Crystal Skull, two of the bigger set pieces in the movie-the motorcycle chase and the Jungle chase-Ford isn't really doing much while Shia is given the spotlight. Sure, Indy did a fair amount of punching during the film, but not a lot of other physical stuff apart from maybe the opening, which even then kind of focused on how he wasn't exactly in his prime ("Not as easy at it used to be" "Damn! I thought that was closer!")

Han Solo was easier for him to reprise in part because it's pretty much running, shooting and piloting the Falcon I think, not swinging, riding horses and jumping around (Yeah I know stunt performers did a lot of that, but still the role seemed to be highly physical even for Ford).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't - please, do not make assumptions of me. I would hate it if it happens, yes, but I'm not hating on a movie this early in, rumor or no. I can hate on an idea separately of hating a movie based on a rumor.
    I didn’t assume anything. I pointed out the irony of you calling my post dismissive, while I was pointing out the dismissiveness of the OP. OP even admits he’s written off the franchise as of the last movie; this fifth one never had a chance.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Seriously though, what is the source of this information?

I can’t find any articles on this anywhere.
    Page 3 - It took till page 3 for someone to ask what I was scouring the thread for, what should've been in the OP but isn't. An article, a link.

I need to see more than just one crazed fans rantings.

We finally get a link and the headline clearly says "....could take over..."
    Could - - - Could

Then there is this little piece
    The film industry is awash with rumours that the Fleabag star will take over as the main Indiana adventurer
    Way to get your(the OP) dander up over Coulds and Rumors.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 09-15-2021 at 06:44 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Well, when your first post specifically points out that it's his female assistant, other than just saying his assistant, as if her being female is part of the problem then, yeah, it comes off as misogynistic.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I didn’t assume anything. I pointed out the irony of you calling my post dismissive, while I was pointing out the dismissiveness of the OP. OP even admits he’s written off the franchise as of the last movie; this fifth one never had a chance.
    Ah, in that case apologies, thought you meant something else (I am not on a roll for today's reading comprehension).