Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Everyone is blaming Disney for this but it wouldn't surprise me if Ford had two conditions to do TFA.

1: Solo Dies.

2: I'm the only guy that gets to play Indy.

Also Lucas wanted Indy to have a daughter not a son in Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls but Spielberg convinced him to make it a son. So honestly George wanted the whip and hat passed to a woman originally anyways.

Can someone explain outage culture to me?

I mean I hated the Prequels, I hated Ghostbusters 2016, I hate Kurtzman Trek but I'm not against reboots I loved BSG, I like the JJ Trek Films, I like most of Disney SW, even Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls I like and I hope to like this film if not I'll just never watch it again. Like the other stuff I dislike it can never take away what I have already gotten so who cares?

The only thing I ever HATED for existing in the SW Special Editions simply because they make getting good copies of the original versions hard that took something I love away. But outside of that I can ignore anything I dislike so I don't get the outrage when stuff like this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I kind of agree here, Star Wars is more a gender neutral thing, but Indiana Jones seems to exclusively to a male audience. However, saying it will be "ruined" is childish.
    Yes and saying they are doing it intentionally is silly and hyperbole. Nor do I see anything wrong with a female successor- unless someone simply has issues with female action heroes.

I get that it can ruin the whole identification with the main hero thing. But that seems to happen if a character is redone as non-white too.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

It's time for archaeology to end - Indiana Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They tried to pass the mantle to a guy before, it didn't take.
    They never actually tried to pass the mantle to Mutt, thank god. They just did a tease/joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    What is with "geek culture" and it's whole obsession with mantles and legacies being passed around anyways? It's a completely ludicrous concept.
    This. I don't understand this either. It's like all the people wanting the heroes in comic books to age out and get legacies to replace them - I'm not interested in the next generation of Batman and Superman, I just want Bruce and Clark to keep on trucking as those guys should I live to see my 100th birthday, and that's still well over 6 decades away (I'm 34).

If they recast then people would have complained as well saying Ford was iconic in the role. Heck, they already did with Solo.

Disney was going to catch crap if they did anything with this franchise other than rerelease and milk the original's.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    If they recast then people would have complained as well saying Ford was iconic in the role. Heck, they already did with Solo.

Disney was going to catch crap if they did anything with this franchise other than rerelease and milk the original's.
    True - but I still think there's less crap to catch over recasting than legacying.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

Recasting would be a better way to go. I remember enjoying the young Indy TV show as a kid and the actors they had to play him did a good job.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Recasting would be a better way to go. I remember enjoying the young Indy TV show as a kid and the actors they had to play him did a good job.
    Its been said that if River Phoenix hadn't died he would have inherited the role of grown Indiana Jones. Ford liked him and pushed for him to be cast in Last Crusade.

They could have recast and rolled better than this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its been said that if River Phoenix hadn't died he would have inherited the role of grown Indiana Jones. Ford liked him and pushed for him to be cast in Last Crusade.

They could have recast and rolled better than this.
    Ford liked him as a Young Indy Ford has gone on the record saying he wants no one to replace him as adult Indiana Jones he wants the role to die with him.

Hollywood has an important announcement to make...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    Attention, we are going to make Phoebe Mary Waller-Bridge happen whether America wants her or not. We don't care how overrated you find her. We don't care how oft-putting you find her. We don't care how hard you try to ignore everything she is in. This is happening people! Stand by for numerous internet shills singing her praises in exchange for access. All those who don't enjoy her work will be subject to the "bingo board" this is the bingo board.....E7Gx5i5VkAw_Muo.jpg
    You have been warned!
    Well....uhhh...I for one welcome our not quite funny oft-putting British overload Phoebe Mary Waller-Bridge. I'm sure she will be the shot in the arm this franchise needs. Hollywood knows best after all look at all the fine franchises that are better than ever! Like Star Wars, Star Trek, Terminator, Aliens, Ghostbusters and many more!

how-does-it-feel-to-have-lived-long-enough-to-39188432.jpg
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Ford liked him as a Young Indy Ford has gone on the record saying he wants no one to replace him as adult Indiana Jones he wants the role to die with him.
    Then that is a very stupid , short sighted thinking and likely what Disney will do. Then once it fails , once no one goes see's Indiana Jones VI : The 70's or 80's era film , people will blame those darn misogynists. Not realizing how stupid this move was. Since again they cast Young Indy actors and likely would have moved on to Phoenix had he lived.

Ford wanted to kill his character off at the 2nd of the 2nd Star Wars. But lucky for everyone someone told him how stupid that was. (Of course someone should have told him in Force Awakens how stupid his death would be and how bad the other films would get...)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

Star Wars is ruined? Someone should let David Filoni and Jon Favreau know.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Star Wars is ruined? Someone should let David Filoni and Jon Favreau know.
    The films became over exposed. Why do you think they pumped the brakes on films for now ? Because they were doing a film every year and it literally had to watch Solo really under-perform (even though the film was really considered good). Disney was wanting a Marvel franchise type deal and had all these films planned ahead and it took Solo doing that to make em pump the brakes awhile.

The franchise right now is being carried by Mandorian and its said Kennedy (the lady behind Star Wars) hates it. The rumors are she isn't happy that Favreau's tv series has became universally praised and how Disney wants more of that (hence all the Disney+ announcements). In all I'd say there is some heat. Without Favreau the brand would be DOA honestly as everything is in a holding pattern.

Ultimate Member

Are people really this triggered by a female character?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Are people really this triggered by a female character?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Hollywood has an important announcement to make...

Well....uhhh...I for one welcome our not quite funny oft-putting British overload Phoebe Mary Waller-Bridge. I'm sure she will be the shot in the arm this franchise needs. Hollywood knows best after all look at all the fine franchises that are better than ever! Like Star Wars, Star Trek, Terminator, Aliens, Ghostbusters and many more!

how-does-it-feel-to-have-lived-long-enough-to-39188432.jpg
    And we can pull out the scorecard.

Seriously...the entire concept as someone posted is...some things aren't legacy type characters. Indiana Jones isn't a legacy character that passes on a mantle to anyone. He is a 1 and a million character. There is no Indy Jr picking up the mantle to make it work or a woman. The character is special because Indy is set in an era where he can have these adventures and they fit.

The last one took him into 1950's and that was hard to do really and with Ford being older he couldn't do a lot he used to. No one wanted to see Mutt replace Indy.

In all the idea is this is a one type character. He's an adventurer in the 1930's-1950's , racing to beat the Nazis or Communists to potentially powerful relics. The fact Disney can screw this up is more stupid. Least we have Uncharted which likely will now have people say , "The next Indiana Jones done right , since Disney is f-cking this one up."