Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Here's pretty much the only one-set stuff we have of her in character BTW (presumably during a break in filming, I don't think dome cups were necessarily a late 60's thing) :

https://people.com/movies/phoebe-wal...diana-jones-5/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Daily Mail article which is linked in CBR article...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ana-Jones.html

Part of me wonders if we will get a Ghostbusters 2016 situation in the future where those of us who had no intention of seeing that film are painted as misogynists , trolls etc. Even though we liked the actors (I did like all those involved from SNL ). I shall always remember that one where we'd be sitting there watching people get angry on how "we didn't give the film a chance !"
    If you're fine with them having a male take over the franchise but think a woman doing so would "ruin it" then yes, I'd say that's misogynistic/sexist. Same as if you thought the Ghostbusters 2016 was ruined due simply to having all female leads, as opposed to the actual film itself being bad regardless of who would have starred in it.

There's been a few attempts at female Bond spinoffs here and there, and Bond is sort of a "spiritual father" to Indy in a sense (hence in part Connery's casting in Last Crusade). Although Bond's a bit more of a legacy character given he's been played by multiple actors and has been rebooted once (And the original 20 films had extremely loose continuity anyway), while pretty much Indy is identified with Ford, even if you factor in Young Indy a bit).

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    And now you bring CM punk into it…

Hey, so, from the article you posted afterward, can you quote any bit of that that includes the words “Lara” or “Croft”? Apparently I’m an idiot and can’t read.
    I can;t even understand this ?

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    That article is nothing but gossip and nonsense.
    Its being picked up a lot and even CBR seems to be covering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Number one it said "Could" not that it's happening and also if she did, so what?

Isn't this what people use to say they wanted?

Don't gender swap or race swap a character create a new character who is a female or POC in the franchise.

Well that's what they did.
    They tried it with Mutt and again I'm not a fan of it here. As people pointed out about people wanting mantles changed for the pure hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm kind of curious who's going to be doing a lot of the action in the movie-if you look at Crystal Skull, two of the bigger set pieces in the movie-the motorcycle chase and the Jungle chase-Ford isn't really doing much while Shia is given the spotlight. Sure, Indy did a fair amount of punching during the film, but not a lot of other physical stuff apart from maybe the opening, which even then kind of focused on how he wasn't exactly in his prime ("Not as easy at it used to be" "Damn! I thought that was closer!")

Han Solo was easier for him to reprise in part because it's pretty much running, shooting and piloting the Falcon I think, not swinging, riding horses and jumping around (Yeah I know stunt performers did a lot of that, but still the role seemed to be highly physical even for Ford).
    Someone brought up that Ford was seen with dots on his face with a belief he'll be CGI'd face wise on a young stunt man who does the stunt. Given modern technology.

I didn’t assume anything. I pointed out the irony of you calling my post dismissive, while I was pointing out the dismissiveness of the OP. OP even admits he’s written off the franchise as of the last movie; this fifth one never had a chance.
    The 4th one really made me quit. I had heard about a 5th Indy film awhile and even I felt they should recast and do Indy stores set in the era he worked best in. I heard Ford was coming back and even I wondered how he could do a 5th movie near 80 years old. Then this hit and It justified the not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    If you're fine with them having a male take over the franchise but think a woman doing so would "ruin it" then yes, I'd say that's misogynistic/sexist. Same as if you thought the Ghostbusters 2016 was ruined due simply to having all female leads, as opposed to the actual film itself being bad regardless of who would have starred in it.
    See this was never said at all. None of this was said at all PERIOD. Scan back posts. You literally didn't even read the Ghostbusters post at all really which was...'I enjoyed them on SNL..."

The trailer was terrible for Ghostbusters. That 1st trailer was one that made no sense and really made me not care to watch it Even though Wiig , Jones and McKinnon are great on SNL ..they weren't good from what I saw in trailer.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 09-15-2021 at 08:14 AM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

There's been a few attempts at female Bond spinoffs here and there, and Bond is sort of a "spiritual father" to Indy in a sense (hence in part Connery's casting in Last Crusade). Although Bond's a bit more of a legacy character given he's been played by multiple actors and has been rebooted once (And the original 20 films had extremely loose continuity anyway), while pretty much Indy is identified with Ford, even if you factor in Young Indy a bit).
    I think its a lot like Doctor Who with Bond. You can do a female Bond as we have seen a female M or Q . I felt like Dr. Who was solid for casting Whitaker then to smash the whole "A woman can't do this role." But even Tom Baker said it when he left that a man or woman could be cast and it was long overdue.

Bond , yeah I could see a woman kicking ass onscreen as a female James Bond. I wouldn't be against it. Since we have seen that Bond has had guys age wise range from 30's to 50's. Plus his supporting cast has changed.

(Maybe Bond #26 will see that happen)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Okay before Indy is "Replaced" one thing has to happen.

This film has to be a hit then even if that happens for a franchise to be built with the new female character her 1st solo film has to be a hit. If both of those things don't happen guess what? Then you get Ghostbusters 2016 which now got us Ghostbusters 2021/2022 whenever it's coming out which looks good. So if Indy 5 or a female spinoff fails we eventually get the Indy reboot (It's Disney they're going to reboot eventually).

But does anyone really want that more? As mentioned Ford is Indy to many so why not wish the best for the Phoebe Waller-Bridge female character. If she's a fun character and it goes well then Ford could still appear as Indy in a supporting role. Ford has said he will wear the hat until his grave if asked and wouldn't that be better than Ford being replaced as Indy?

This film has to be a hit then even if that happens for a franchise to be built with the new female character her 1st solo film has to be a hit. If both of those things don't happen guess what? Then you get Ghostbusters 2016 which now got us Ghostbusters 2021/2022 whenever it's coming out which looks good. So if Indy 5 or a female spinoff fails we eventually get the Indy reboot (It's Disney they're going to reboot eventually).

But does anyone really want that more? As mentioned Ford is Indy to many so why not wish the best for the Phoebe Waller-Bridge female character. If she's a fun character and it goes well then Ford could still appear as Indy in a supporting role. Ford has said he will wear the hat until his grave if asked and wouldn't that be better than Ford being replaced as Indy?
    I do. I want a recast and more Indy adventures fighting Nazis. Why wouldn't I want that more? Some legacy character isn't better, no.

I actually liked the new Ghostbusters trailer. Seeing the connections and all of grand kids of Egon. I mean , it may suck once I do see it. But I loved that trailer we saw recently more than the 2016 trailer. The one now makes me want to see this torch passed.

See this was never said at all. None of this was said at all PERIOD. Scan back posts. You literally didn't even read the Ghostbusters post at all really which was...'I enjoyed them on SNL..."

The trailer was terrible for Ghostbusters. That 1st trailer was one that made no sense and really made me not care to watch it Even though Wiig , Jones and McKinnon are great on SNL ..they weren't good from what I saw in trailer.
    Good thing I never said you DID say that. I said "if" and I was speaking of "you" in a general sense, not directly. But that still doesn't explain away your comments on this topic.

I can;t even understand this ?
    Click the YouTube link in the post of yours I quoted.

Click the YouTube link in the post of yours I quoted.
    I had to go back...and look...and weirdly I copied the CBR link to main page. And it kept the YT link I had discussed in Wrestling thread. That is weird and I never noticed it til you posted.

I've said it before but I think Indy could work in animation if they ever wanted to go the flashback route. KOTCS said he did a ton of stuff during World War II so I'd be interested in seeing that in some form.

However, the Indy EU is somewhat tiny compared to something like Star Wars. A lot of the KOTCS merchandise for example went almost straight to the bargain bin or was cancelled due to low sales/relegated to convention exclusives etc.

I've said it before but I think Indy could work in animation if they ever wanted to go the flashback route. KOTCS said he did a ton of stuff during World War II so I'd be interested in seeing that in some form.

However, the Indy EU is somewhat tiny compared to something like Star Wars. A lot of the KOTCS merchandise for example went almost straight to the bargain bin or was cancelled due to low sales/relegated to convention exclusives etc.
    KOTCS = Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? I don't know why you're comparing that to Star Wars EU, because as a film it wasn't "expanded" universe, it was regular canon universe.

Yeah, I'd have watched the hell out of this:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    This is the best trailer for a never done Indiana Jones cartoon ever. I've seen this before but watch it every time its posted.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime