Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How do we know they won't let it die?
    ...why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How do we know they won't let it die?
    $$$$$$$$$$
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...why would they?
    Disney needs to know that the future projects will be profitable based on the costs of producing it. Disney has plenty of IP not in current use.

Solo - flop, planned sequels never happened
    The Lone Ranger - flop, planned sequels never happened
    John Carter - flop, planned sequels never happened
    Tron - the sequel flopped, planned sequels never happened
    National Treasure - moderate success, but couldn't agree on story for 3rd movie so 3rd movie never happened
    Wrinkle in Time - flop, planned sequels never happened
    Pirates of the Caribbean - Falling interest and Johnny Depp's public troubles, 6th movie was cancelled. Looking at spin off characters, but currently in development hell

And a particularly painful one for me: The Rocketeer (1991) - flop, planned sequels never happened

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Disney needs to know that the future projects will be profitable based on the costs of producing it. Disney has plenty of IP not in current use.

National Treasure - moderate success, but couldn't agree on story for 3rd movie so 3rd movie never happened
    Pirates of the Caribbean - Falling interest and Johnny Depp's public troubles, 6th movie was cancelled. Looking at spin off characters, but currently in development hell

And a particularly painful one for me: The Rocketeer (1991) - flop, planned sequels never happened
    Those things still needed to flop first. I don't want Indy to flop - but if they try and legacy him away with a new character, the flop will be had. Which, no on wants a flop.

I do want another Indiana Jones movies, **** it, I want a hundred of them. Just recast. But some people don't like that, and I don't like the other option. And I think letting a franchise die is pretty crappy too. So there's no way forward to make everyone happy.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want to see Indy keep going if only to give Lucasfilm something that isn't Star Wars.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Those things still needed to flop first. I don't want Indy to flop - but if they try and legacy him away with a new character, the flop will be had. Which, no on wants a flop.

I do want another Indiana Jones movies, **** it, I want a hundred of them. Just recast. But some people don't like that, and I don't like the other option. And I think letting a franchise die is pretty crappy too. So there's no way forward to make everyone happy.
    We are getting an Indiana Jones movie. Given his age, it will be the last with Harrison Ford. I'm pretty sure the only it's getting made at all is because Ford wants to do it.

But no matter what approach the movie takes, it still has to come out before anyone can determine if it's a flop. Even if it has legacy plot. The question is what to do once Ford is out.

You want a recast. I want it to either end or continue with new characters. None of that matters because the decision isn't up to us. It's up to Disney.

Disney is only going to go forward without Harrison Ford if they believe it will make money. And the last time they tried that with an iconic character portrayed by Harrison Ford, it flopped hard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want to see Indy keep going if only to give Lucasfilm something that isn't Star Wars.
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/wil...us-1234811000/

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Solo flopping was mostly down to forces outside its control, chiefly the reception to Last Jedi being so recent and the lack of promotion it received as a result. Most people I ask think it’s extremely underrated. Lando will be an effective spiritual sequel to it and there’s honestly scope to launch a Qi’Ra and Maul or even a Han and Chewie series from that.

And Rocketeer is getting a belated relaunch after being a cult classic for years.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark is a really good film. The two sequels are pretty decent too. Don't need anything else ever, ta - it's a cultural moment that passed.

I hear things ever so often that there is interest in making another Tron movie. I think it's stuck in developmental hell at the moment. And The Rocketeer is getting either a reboot or a sequel focusing on a new character donning the jet pack.

I still maintain that The Lone Ranger isn't as bad a most make it out to be. But between Depp and Hammer, if they would make a sequel they'd both need to be recast.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I hear things ever so often that there is interest in making another Tron movie. I think it's stuck in developmental hell at the moment. And The Rocketeer is getting either a reboot or a sequel focusing on a new character donning the jet pack.

I still maintain that The Lone Ranger isn't as bad a most make it out to be. But between Depp and Hammer, if they would make a sequel they'd both need to be recast.
    Along with Jon Carter and Solo the Long Ranger was definitely a flick that I think got a bum rap as it was a lot of fun.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well were getting a new reboot of The Rocketeer according to reports now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well were getting a new reboot of The Rocketeer according to reports now.
    After a brief 30+ year hiatus, there are rumors that maybe Disney could possibly be contemplating doing something at sometime later. Not exactly what I was hoping for when I left the theater in '91.

Astonishing Member

I mean Pirates had a 5 movie run which is crazy in and of itself. National Treasure has a Disney plus series coming. Which is probably a great format for a property like that.

Yah I liked Solo as well. Now I wonder sometimes if its destined to generally be ignored and denied like the Holiday Special.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.