Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Just don’t watch the new movie. Your pristine vision of the originals will remain intact.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Just don’t watch the new movie. Your pristine vision of the originals will remain intact.
    I posted I don't plan too. That was my 1st post. That I have some comics , DVD's of original 3 films (the 4th one I may get one day). But yep...the series died for me after Last Crusade...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

That is a silly argument - "Don't like what's happened/happening to one of your most beloved things from childhood? Then don't watch it!" is such a tired "shut up" card, as if telling us we can simply not watch something somehow negates the very human need and want to complain about things we dislike and don't agree with. People who don't like such complaints are equally welcome to not read threads or posts they know will have people complaining.

Also, I imagine that this might be another Ghostbusters situation where people don't watch it as much and then get called out on it ala Ghostbusters reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And we can pull out the scorecard.

Seriously...the entire concept as someone posted is...some things aren't legacy type characters. Indiana Jones isn't a legacy character that passes on a mantle to anyone. He is a 1 and a million character. There is no Indy Jr picking up the mantle to make it work or a woman. The character is special because Indy is set in an era where he can have these adventures and they fit.

The last one took him into 1950's and that was hard to do really and with Ford being older he couldn't do a lot he used to. No one wanted to see Mutt replace Indy.

In all the idea is this is a one type character. He's an adventurer in the 1930's-1950's , racing to beat the Nazis or Communists to potentially powerful relics. The fact Disney can screw this up is more stupid. Least we have Uncharted which likely will now have people say , "The next Indiana Jones done right , since Disney is f-cking this one up."
    Yeah...

It's not like anyone gave him the hat and sent him on his merry way or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That is a silly argument - "Don't like what's happened/happening to one of your most beloved things from childhood? Then don't watch it!" is such a tired "shut up" card, as if telling us we can simply not watch something somehow negates the very human need and want to complain about things we dislike and don't agree with. People who don't like such complaints are equally welcome to not read threads or posts they know will have people complaining.

Also, I imagine that this might be another Ghostbusters situation where people don't watch it as much and then get called out on it ala Ghostbusters reboot.
    I didn’t read the complaint; I read the title, because that was sufficient information about the post.

And it wasn’t an argument. It was a silver-lining “this can exist, and you can still be happy with your older movies”.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah...

It's not like anyone gave him the hat and sent him on his merry way or anything...
    The origin shown in Raiders doesn't make him some kind of legacy character.

I didn’t read the complaint; I read the title, because that was sufficient information about the post.

And it wasn’t an argument. It was a silver-lining “this can exist, and you can still be happy with your older movies”.
    Fair enough, just came across as dismissive I guess.

Fair enough, just came across as dismissive I guess.
    What’s dismissive is hating on a movie based on a rumor that, in my Google searches so far, I’ve been unable to substantiate, and OP didn’t provide any “evidence” of.

But you do you I guess.

Who is talking about Raiders?

Mighty Member

I think the arguments here are in the wrong place.
    Instead of making a new IP, they would rather dig up an old one and then spin it off.

Here you could argue it somewhat makes sense, And i prefer this way to a straight up reboot, but i still think the character should stand alone rather than continue a dead franchise.
    Anyway, i'm having fun watching some of you meltdown over this.
    Some People just want to watch the World burn, And it's never been funnier.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Two immediate thoughts:

- What would you call future movies if they’re not going to include Indy, unless lord forbid she actually calls herself Indiana Jones (the popcorn to that revelation depending how it’s handled would be glorious)?

- What’s the point of a British replacement to the character when Disney has already elected to make Jungle Cruise a ongoing series (rightly since it’s well done) with Doctor Lilly Houghton? Those characters are very likely to step on the same ground with only about thirty years or so between them.

They should just recast with Chris Pratt and do stuff with him or revive Young Indy (why isn’t the Classic series on Disney Plus yet?).

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Two immediate thoughts:

- What would you call future movies if they’re not going to include Indy, unless lord forbid she actually calls herself Indiana Jones (the popcorn to that revelation depending how it’s handled would be glorious)?

- What’s the point of a British replacement to the character when Disney has already elected to make Jungle Cruise a ongoing series (rightly since it’s well done) with Doctor Lilly Houghton? Those characters are very likely to step on the same ground with only about thirty years or so between them.

They should just recast with Chris Pratt and do stuff with him or revive Young Indy (why isn’t the Classic series on Disney Plus yet?).
    Paramount...

Ultimate Member

Seriously though, what is the source of this information?

I can’t find any articles on this anywhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Seriously though, what is the source of this information?

I can’t find any articles on this anywhere.

Its just circulating through right wing media circles who like to proclaim everything woke.

I didn't know they were making another Indiana Jones. I only heard about it via an article which talked about how it and Ant-Man 3's production were slowed down due to a noro virus infection.

It's pretty clear that TPTB really want to revive the iconic franchise's Ford was part of he is obviously too old for this ****, Star Wars and the new Indiana Jones movie were delayed because he got injured. He was obviously not having the time of his life during the press tour for Blade Runner 2049. They tried recasting his role with Solo with mixed results and a BO that nixed any plans for a sequel. Now he may or may not be passing on the mantle of Indiana Jones in the new movie. We don't know yet. My impression of Pheobe Waller Birdges is that she is a talented and successful with an already diverse body of work, is she really planning to commit to a franchise? Or is some other character being groomed to take over? Given how little information is available, lets just see how it goes.

Seconded.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Its just circulating through right wing media circles who like to proclaim everything woke.
    CBR is right wing media ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NdtYpvECm8

Its lifted from Daily Mail report.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.