Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default matt wagner's trinity questions.

Is the story canon? I was having this conversation with somebody. And i don't remember it being canon.

What do you think about how he treated Diana? I think she was terribly treated.

I don't like how she spent the time talking about what a man superman is. Or how she acts like an angry cop talking about the patriarchy. OR how batman apparently couldn't resist to kiss her.

Not to mention how she was treated as a weaklink.
    Superman protected her from granades explosions. He is always protecting her like she can't do anything on her own. Saved her from an explosion that SM took just fine. Beaten down like a helpless ant by bizarro. Then the lasso getting broken by him. Then almost fainting from fumes. Getting wrecked by sybil. Sure she was weakened from previous fight but still. That is a hughe sigh. Then struggling with bizarro again. While batman in a suit gives him more of a fight. And ghul giving WW a fight. SM and BM literally do all the heavy work while Diana goes from one beating to another. And outside of that, she is only there to praise SM. Be saved by him and BM. And for batman to fall ''prey'' of her grace.

This story is one of the worst i have read with Diana in it. I didn't want to remember it, but somebody mentioned it and here i am.

I don't remember much from the story, but I'm pretty sure it had some pretty egregious contradictions to the Post-Crisis canon (Artemis, the Invisible Jet). In any case, it's awful and should be forever ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Is the story canon? I was having this conversation with somebody. And i don't remember it being canon.

What do you think about how he treated Diana? I think she was terribly treated.

I don't like how she spent the time talking about what a man superman is. Or how she acts like an angry cop talking about the patriarchy. OR how batman apparently couldn't resist to kiss her.

Not to mention how she was treated as a weaklink.
    Superman protected her from granades explosions. He is always protecting her like she can't do anything on her own. Saved her from an explosion that SM took just fine. Beaten down like a helpless ant by bizarro. Then the lasso getting broken by him. Then almost fainting from fumes. Getting wrecked by sybil. Sure she was weakened from previous fight but still. That is a hughe sigh. Then struggling with bizarro again. While batman in a suit gives him more of a fight. And ghul giving WW a fight. SM and BM literally do all the heavy work while Diana goes from one beating to another. And outside of that, she is only there to praise SM. Be saved by him and BM. And for batman to fall ''prey'' of her grace.

This story is one of the worst i have read with Diana in it. I didn't want to remember it, but somebody mentioned it and here i am.
    Wagner's treatment of Diana was appalling.

I liked Diana not putting up with Bruce’s ego but yeah other than it, it’s probably one of the worst uses of Diana in the modern age.

No idea why the story needed Bruce forcibly kissing Diana.

Mighty Member

It is trash of the worst kind, deserves a dictionary entry as an example for disrespectful, and the only good thing about it is that it is far too strong contradicted by the accepted canon and the origins before flashpoint to be considered canon itself.

It was so incorrect and egregious that I’ve blocked it from my memory.

For what it's worth, the DC wiki puts it in continuity with Post Crisis New Earth.