Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    They mean Khora of the burning heart who’s been in about 3 issues total but I already want a mini series telling me her back story on old Arrako.
    I would absolutely be down for that of all the Arraki we've met so far, she's the one who has most interested me.

Mighty Member

Not gonna lie I'm getting tired of team books. I'd prefer if they do some duo books. Whenever they do teambooks they always try to cast this really wide net of characters and the teams are often left feeling empty and meaningless. Excalibur probably would have been way more interesting if it was just Betsy and like one other person as a second in command rather than just throwing in as many people hoping it would stick. Get some team ups that are intimate and can create big stakes.

I would actually be in favor, for as long as we are on Krakoa, team ups of former enemies on earth having to work together for a mission or something. Or strengthen some friendships or possibly romances with some duo action.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Not gonna lie I'm getting tired of team books. I'd prefer if they do some duo books. Whenever they do teambooks they always try to cast this really wide net of characters and the teams are often left feeling empty and meaningless. Excalibur probably would have been way more interesting if it was just Betsy and like one other person as a second in command rather than just throwing in as many people hoping it would stick. Get some team ups that are intimate and can create big stakes.

I would actually be in favor, for as long as we are on Krakoa, team ups of former enemies on earth having to work together for a mission or something. Or strengthen some friendships or possibly romances with some duo action.
    I sort of agree with this. I think 2 characters is too small but smaller team's would work. I think Percy's X-Force has done a decent job of spreading the love so to speak. Early on we had a good look at Logan and Jean, then a ton of QQ, now Beast is getting the focus. There is definitely room for improvement as Colossus, Black Tom and Sage have been background characters at best but I'd say he's done better than the other team books.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Continuing will be (I think);
    X-Men
    SWORD
    Wolverine
    X-Men: Legends

Cancelled:
    New Mutants
    Excalibur
    Marauders
    Hellions
    X-Corps

Guessing and hoping for these new series;
    New Mutants (slightly different cast, now including Magma and Sunspot)
    New X-Men (with Hellion, Surge, Dust and the others)
    Cable, nuff said
    Storm/Arakko focused series, probably with some space characters such as Cannonball and Smasher (Izzy\) and some Arakki
    X-Treme X-Men, a team of X-Men who do not believe in the Krakoa approach and operate on their own will include the X-Men who already doubt this (like Colossus, Sage and Kurt)
    Hellfire, a follow-up on Marauders, starring Bishop and Emma, plus support cast
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 09-16-2021 at 01:18 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Continuing will be (I think);
    X-Men
    SWORD
    Wolverine
    X-Men: Legends

Cancelled:
    New Mutants
    Excalibur
    Marauders
    Hellions
    X-Corps

Guessing and hoping for these new series;
    New Mutants (slightly different cast, now including Magma and Sunspot)
    New X-Men (with Hellion, Surge, Dust and the others)
    Cable, nuff said
    Storm/Arakko focused series, probably with some space characters such as Cannonball and Smasher (Izzy\) and some Arakki
    X-Treme X-Men, a team of X-Men who do not believe in the Krakoa approach and operate on their own will include the X-Men who already doubt this (like Colossus, Sage and Kurt)
    Hellfire, a follow-up on Marauders, starring Bishop and Emma, plus support cast
    I agree with most of this list, not sure if X-Men Legends will be long running though

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I agree with most of this list, not sure if X-Men Legends will be long running though
    Yeah Legends does not sell too well if I remember correctly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I sort of agree with this. I think 2 characters is too small but smaller team's would work. I think Percy's X-Force has done a decent job of spreading the love so to speak. Early on we had a good look at Logan and Jean, then a ton of QQ, now Beast is getting the focus. There is definitely room for improvement as Colossus, Black Tom and Sage have been background characters at best but I'd say he's done better than the other team books.
    I have a love hate relationship with tiny teams because it always leaves me nervous about which character is going to be the one that doesn’t fit in and it gets really noticeable and uncomfortable to read sometimes. But if done well it can be really good.

X-force using specific characters or relationships in the story is a good thing more books should use I think

New X-team book for 2022, spinning out of Onslaught/Way of X?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/new-...of-x-spoilers/

The Legionaries from Si Spurrier and maybe Bob Quinn in 2022? With a cast of Nightcrawler, Pixie, Doctor Nemesis, Forgetmenot and Blindfold.

Looks possible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    New X-team book for 2022, spinning out of Onslaught/Way of X?

*pics*

The Legionaries from Si Spurrier and maybe Bob Quinn in 2022? With a cast of Nightcrawler, Pixie, Doctor Nemesis, Forgetmenot and Blindfold.

Looks possible.
    Blindfold looks like she is there in spirit form.

Forgetmenot makes me wonder if the editor pushed Spurrier to use him again ("It's your character bro, the readers expect you to use him.") or if Spurrier really couldn't resist bringing him back aswell?

Juggernaut is an interesting choice. I just hope Spurrier has read his recent (pretty good) mini-series.

Overall it's an oddball team, but under such a writer it could work... at least story wise, sales wise i have a bad feeling.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    She definitely lost it and will never get it back.

Makes much more sense to have an actual Asian female play the role that is famous for being known as an Asian female, then give it to Betsy, a white woman.
    Betsy was always Psylocke tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

nobody in their right mind could thing a book with these characters would last more than 3 issues let alone 5 .........you thought way of x had low sale just wait

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If Blindfold is back, that means...(*spoiler for Inferno?)

I can say with absolute certainty...I won't be buying The Legionaries if it is indeed one of the two new books speculated.

Who is that at the top right, above Cain's shoulder? The Shadow King?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-22-2021 at 06:37 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If Blindfold is back, that means...(*spoiler for Inferno?)

I can say with absolute certainty...I won't be buying The Legionaries if it is indeed one of the two new books speculated.

Who is that at the top right, above Cain's shoulder? The Shadow King?
    Dust did play a prominent role in the final issue and that kinda looks like her powers.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Dust did play a prominent role in the final issue and that kinda looks like her powers.
    I’m guessing Dust and Legion will also be involved.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Betsy was always Psylocke tho.
    It seems most adaptions simply seem to cut the middle man and make her asian looking by default (either cutting her british origins or making her seemingly british of asian heritage), because most people associate Psylocke with the asian ninja body thing these days.

Though i admit these also don't seem to care much about using anything of her personality or backround from the comics, meaning her pop culture image is relatively disconnected from her actual personality and backstory as Betsy Braddock.

Meaning for most people who don't read the comics but know about the character, Psylocke is the name of a female purple haired psychic ninja of asian (specifically japanese) appearance, regardless of what ever she is Betsy Bradock or some other name or person (see Demon Days).

The code name and appearance has basicly transcendet the character on which it's based, meaning Betsy has essentialy lost it to pop culture association and the only way she can retain it is if alternate continuities make her asian by default as to avoid the contrived body switch storyline.