Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I just read the cable reloaded one shot, and I’d be down for a cable/ storm led xteam, if it included whiz kid, and that warrior woman who’s name I can’t remember at the moment.
    After reading Ewing’s final issue of Guardians of the Galaxy today, I vote for Juan Frigeri as the artist on Al Ewing’s X-treme X-men series featuring Storm and Cable. His art was really dynamic and exciting IMO.

Si Spurrier will have a book because he mentioned that and also the end of the Onslaught issue showed the Legionaries team. LegionARIES. Don't think its the best title or most interesting team BUT good for Nightcrawler.

Steve Orlando literally just teased something on Twitter today. I doubt its an X-Book but I feel like hes been mentioned a few times.

Al Ewing isnt on GotG anymore so hopefully he gets TWO X-Men titles.

Victor LaValle has the Sabretooth book coming out.

And Im assuming Percy is staying on X-Force and Wolverine.

Duggan on X-Men.

This is just my speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    nobody in their right mind could thing a book with these characters would last more than 3 issues let alone 5 .........you thought way of x had low sale just wait
    Unfortunately. I agree with you. Although I want all the writers to succeed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    After reading Ewing’s final issue of Guardians of the Galaxy today, I vote for Juan Frigeri as the artist on Al Ewing’s X-treme X-men series featuring Storm and Cable. His art was really dynamic and exciting IMO.
    Not with that name though. It's so 90s in a bad way, lol.

But yes to a Storm/Cable book with:

Gambit
    Psylocke
    Wiz Kid
    Frenzy

and add Bishop. I feel he'd be good in space. Maybe another character behind the scenes since most of these are fighters.

The Legionaires book sounds like a 6 issues arc sort of book. Same as Way of X, but knowing the X-office it'll be 5 issues all broken into their own number one title.

I liked the finale of Way of X, but I can't see how they'd think the new cast will sell any better than WoX.
    I can see the value of a book about mutant culture and keeping the society together, but maybe a merger with X-factor, with a more popular cast could do better.
    Make it a book about maintaning Krakoa's society and culture through its new Mutant Legion.
    Main cast could be:

Nightcrawler - Leader and lawmaker
    Legion - Living temple
    Rachel Grey - Head of Investigations
    Bishop - Head Enforcer

Kurt, Rachel and Bishop would each have sub teams. The book would be called Nation X or X-factor.

Mighty Member

So what if it only lasts 5 issues?

Most great comic stories barely let 5 issues. I'd rather a 5 issue book that is tight, then 20 issues of a pointless "successful" comic (cough cough XForce, Excalibur, Marauders, cough cough).

Even if it was successful and became a permanent X-comic, it would still get relaunched every 12-20 issues.

I think comic book sales are taken too seriously here. This is Marvel, they make billions a year. I doubt they care too much about whether a book sells 20K or 60K an issue. They did this with Captain Marvel. Her books sold horribly, but they kept pushing them out as marketing material for her very financially successful movie. They can use the comics to test concepts. Those concepts may become cancelled comics but they can also become billion dollar ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    So what if it only lasts 5 issues?

Most great comic stories barely let 5 issues. I'd rather a 5 issue book that is tight, then 20 issues of a pointless "successful" comic (cough cough XForce, Excalibur, Marauders, cough cough).

Even if it was successful and became a permanent X-comic, it would still get relaunched every 12-20 issues.

I think comic book sales are taken too seriously here. This is Marvel, they make billions a year. I doubt they care too much about whether a book sells 20K or 60K an issue. They did this with Captain Marvel. Her books sold horribly, but they kept pushing them out as marketing material for her very financially successful movie. They can use the comics to test concepts. Those concepts may become cancelled comics but they can also become billion dollar ideas.
    I care because Marvel doesn't always give a book many chances. X-factor is unlikely to get another shot even thought the series had a good concept and cast.
    I don't want to get invested in a series that is going to be cut short and won't get a satisfying conclusion.

Fantastic Member

so with guardians officially canceled for good i checked with someone who is tied in and told me ewing;s new book spinning out of sword is a lot lot bigger than anyone thought. i dont see a guardians hybrid space book but i think we can all expect a healthy dose of guardians action in the book until the main guardian book gets relaunched later in 2022

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

So what's the Nightcrawler/Legion book will be called? Legionaries?

(That was GREAT finale. The best issue this week hands down)

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    so with guardians officially canceled for good i checked with someone who is tied in and told me ewing;s new book spinning out of sword is a lot lot bigger than anyone thought. i dont see a guardians hybrid space book but i think we can all expect a healthy dose of guardians action in the book until the main guardian book gets relaunched later in 2022
    So this is his X-men titled book that will replace SWORD?

Just to be clear, since that was the previous rumor you shared — “a book with X-men in the title (not Uncanny) featuring Cable and Storm.”

And I hope it’s big! It should be another flagship X-men book IMO, with the team based on Planet Arakko as a complement to Duggan’s Earth based X-men team.

I prefer Ewing's SWORD book be called something unique rather than X-men, but if they go that route, I guess Extreme X-men kind of makes sense, with it being so Storm-centric. Just add that "e" so the title doesn't feel so outdated.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Dust did play a prominent role in the final issue and that kinda looks like her powers.
    Ah! Dust....yes.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I really hope they go with X-treme X-Men for the Storm/Cable book. Make it flashy and big.

Especially since Arraki mutants are extreme and brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I prefer Ewing's SWORD book be called something unique rather than X-men, but if they go that route, I guess Extreme X-men kind of makes sense, with it being so Storm-centric. Just add that "e" so the title doesn't feel so outdated.
    Well, it could be. This tweet is what got folks speculating that X-treme X-men might be the title of this rumored replacement book for SWORD…

https://twitter.com/hellomuller/stat...97162203140098

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I really hope they go with X-treme X-Men for the Storm/Cable book. Make it flashy and big.
    Same. And while “X-treme” as an adjective does convey perhaps some of the worst aspects of the comic book tropes in the 90s, Ewing just did a masterful job playing with some of that in the Cable: Reloaded one-shot. So if he brings more of that, count me in for it!

Especially since Arraki mutants are extreme and brutal.
    I definitely want to see some Arakki mutants on Mars in this series. In fact, I’d love for it to kind of be a spiritual successor to the old Claremont/Byrne run with similar cast dynamics but in a crazy updated setting… namely the new Krakoan outpost, Planet Arakko, the center of Sol. Could be awesome if done right. Hell, fill it with awesome 90s characters like Cable, Gambit, Psylocke (Kwannon)… maybe even Adam-X. No, that might be a bridge too far. But still. You get my drift. Throw in Manifold and Frenzy, with Storm as team lead. I’d kind of see it as…

- Storm = Storm
    - Cable = Wolverine
    - Gambit = Cyclops
    - Frenzy = Colossus
    - Psylocke = Jean Grey
    - Manifold = Nightcrawler
    - Khora = Kitty Pryde

I mean, if we’re going for a Claremont/Byrne type team dynamic. Which, of course, would lead to many barroom brawls with aliens and Arakki mutants whenever Cable, Manifold, Gambit and Frenzy go out drinking.

I'd assume Tini will be on a book as well, as a month ago she told Newsarama "she plans to continue work at Marvel and with Krakoa".

https://www.gamesradar.com/tini-howa...this-november/