Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
Well, it could be. This tweet is what got folks speculating that X-treme X-men might be the title of this rumored replacement book for SWORD…

https://twitter.com/hellomuller/stat...97162203140098

Same. And while “X-treme” as an adjective does convey perhaps some of the worst aspects of the comic book tropes in the 90s, Ewing just did a masterful job playing with some of that in the Cable: Reloaded one-shot. So if he brings more of that, count me in for it!

I definitely want to see some Arakki mutants on Mars in this series. In fact, I’d love for it to kind of be a spiritual successor to the old Claremont/Byrne run with similar cast dynamics but in a crazy updated setting… namely the new Krakoan outpost, Planet Arakko, the center of Sol. Could be awesome if done right. Hell, fill it with awesome 90s characters like Cable, Gambit, Psylocke (Kwannon)… maybe even Adam-X. No, that might be a bridge too far. But still. You get my drift. Throw in Manifold and Frenzy, with Storm as team lead. I’d kind of see it as…

- Storm = Storm
- Cable = Wolverine
- Gambit = Cyclops
- Frenzy = Colossus
- Psylocke = Jean Grey
- Manifold = Nightcrawler
- Khora = Kitty Pryde

I mean, if we’re going for a Claremont/Byrne type team dynamic. Which, of course, would lead to many barroom brawls with aliens and Arakki mutants whenever Cable, Manifold, Gambit and Frenzy go out drinking.
That Muller tweet really is almost a confirmation the book will be X-treme X-men.
I really like your line-up. I'd add Cannonball somehow, because he really makes sense for a cosmic team (probably in Gambit's place).