Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, it could be. This tweet is what got folks speculating that X-treme X-men might be the title of this rumored replacement book for SWORD…

https://twitter.com/hellomuller/stat...97162203140098

Same. And while “X-treme” as an adjective does convey perhaps some of the worst aspects of the comic book tropes in the 90s, Ewing just did a masterful job playing with some of that in the Cable: Reloaded one-shot. So if he brings more of that, count me in for it!

I definitely want to see some Arakki mutants on Mars in this series. In fact, I’d love for it to kind of be a spiritual successor to the old Claremont/Byrne run with similar cast dynamics but in a crazy updated setting… namely the new Krakoan outpost, Planet Arakko, the center of Sol. Could be awesome if done right. Hell, fill it with awesome 90s characters like Cable, Gambit, Psylocke (Kwannon)… maybe even Adam-X. No, that might be a bridge too far. But still. You get my drift. Throw in Manifold and Frenzy, with Storm as team lead. I’d kind of see it as…

- Storm = Storm
    - Cable = Wolverine
    - Gambit = Cyclops
    - Frenzy = Colossus
    - Psylocke = Jean Grey
    - Manifold = Nightcrawler
    - Khora = Kitty Pryde

I mean, if we’re going for a Claremont/Byrne type team dynamic. Which, of course, would lead to many barroom brawls with aliens and Arakki mutants whenever Cable, Manifold, Gambit and Frenzy go out drinking.
    That Muller tweet really is almost a confirmation the book will be X-treme X-men.
    I really like your line-up. I'd add Cannonball somehow, because he really makes sense for a cosmic team (probably in Gambit's place).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    So what's the Nightcrawler/Legion book will be called? Legionaries?
    It should be Acolytes.

Yup thats the name it should be also get rid of Forget me not and Dr. Nemesis.
    you need like more 3 A/B list xmen to get that series past 10 issues

I'd rather have a 5 issues series with FMN and Doc Nemesis than a 12 issues ongoing with Wolverine and Colossus.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I feel like the problem with these books is also that a lot of characters do not fit the themes of the books they are in. Like how do you have a mutant police force without Bishop and Banshee? How do you have X-Force with Quentin Quire in it? None of this makes sense. The Hellions and Marauders should trade names.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So it seems like all the titles are ending where Orchis is the big bad, and maybe after INFERNO there will be no more Orchis and there will be an intergalactic baddie a la Phalanx?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So it seems like all the titles are ending where Orchis is the big bad, and maybe after INFERNO there will be no more Orchis and there will be an intergalactic baddie a la Phalanx?
    I will say, I didn't suspect all these new antagonists were going to eventually join with Orchis, but I'm excited at that thought. Most of them seem really interesting.

Has there been a list of all the different evil supervillains and mad scientists and not very nice businesswomen who have joined Orchis?

-Pav, who could use a reminder on their names...

/
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mindless speculation but Steve Orlando on Twitter is teasing a book debuting in January with a "captain." Maybe he's taking over Marauders next year?

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    Mindless speculation but Steve Orlando on Twitter is teasing a book debuting in January with a "captain." Maybe he's taking over Marauders next year?
    Now that would be dream.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Si Spurrier will have a book because he mentioned that and also the end of the Onslaught issue showed the Legionaries team. LegionARIES. Don't think its the best title or most interesting team BUT good for Nightcrawler.

Steve Orlando literally just teased something on Twitter today. I doubt its an X-Book but I feel like hes been mentioned a few times.

Al Ewing isnt on GotG anymore so hopefully he gets TWO X-Men titles.

Victor LaValle has the Sabretooth book coming out.

And Im assuming Percy is staying on X-Force and Wolverine.

Duggan on X-Men.

This is just my speculation.
    Solid guess here, this seems likely.

I really hope we get an Excalibur replacement or it keeps going but the focus moves almost exclusively to Otherworld. I mean XoS did such a good job creating intrigue for all the realms plus there a several loose ends that I would love to see resolved.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    Captain Krakoa lol
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I'd assume Tini will be on a book as well, as a month ago she told Newsarama "she plans to continue work at Marvel and with Krakoa".

https://www.gamesradar.com/tini-howa...this-november/
    Please no.

Apparently, Kieron Gillen attended the "three-day, nine-hour, top secret X-Men summit this week".

Also attending: Tini, Leah, Hickman, Percy, Duggan, Spurrier, Jordan D White, Vita, Ewing, Mark Basso (Wolverine Editor) & another mystery writer

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Apparently, Kieron Gillen attended the "three-day, nine-hour, top secret X-Men summit this week".

Also attending: Tini, Leah, Hickman, Percy, Duggan, Spurrier, Jordan D White, Vita, Ewing, Mark Basso (Wolverine Editor) & another mystery writer

Not enough of fresh blood.
    Now I fear that relaunch will be almost the same books and writers.

I don't known how Zeb Wells can be out but Tini is still there
    Cruel world.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-25-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Not enough of fresh blood.
    Now I fear that relaunch will be almost the same books and writers.

I don't known how Zeb Wells can be out but Tini is still there
    Cruel world.
    Zeb got the amazing spider-man gig, I imagine that's a pretty good reason to leave these books.