Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

My hope for the X-Force book would be a new creative team and shake up the cast a bit. Keep Sage and Forge on the intel branch, and Wolverine and Domino on the field ops branch. Lose everyone else. Add Bishop to intel branch and Psylocke to field ops branch. Maybe give writing duties to Zeb Wells since his Hellions was really solid for the most part. I suppose there could be one or two more characters, perhaps a carry over or two from Hellions (e.g., let Wild Child run with Logan, Domino and Psylocke on the field ops team; maybe keep Black Tom too for intel branch).

But let’s also see the intel team gathering said intel at times, and backing up the field team. After all, Bishop and Sage have proven to be quite handy in a firefight. Forge too, especially as overwatch/sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Is there really a need for another Excalibur book? Maybe they could wrap up plots, but Excalibur doesn't really add anything anymore. Otherworld stuff is pretty irrelevant to Krakoa overall and doesn't need its own book. Betsy as Captain Britain has been well-established. The concept of mutant magic has essentially been forgotten at this point.
    I think Ewing would do a great job picking up this thread! He’s already doing a mix of magic and cosmic stuff in Last Annihilation.

Mighty Member

I agree that Excalibur can go. Only point of that book seemed to be to re-introduce Betsy as a power player after losing her Psylocke title. It accomplished that and only that. I'd rather see an Exiles title take its place.

I'd like to see every book come back in some form. A new writer can come and add their own flavor to the existing ones to give them new life as all the titles fill some niche.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I agree that Excalibur can go. Only point of that book seemed to be to re-introduce Betsy as a power player after losing her Psylocke title. It accomplished that and only that. I'd rather see an Exiles title take its place.
    She didn't LOSE Psylocke, she surrendered the mantle to the resurrected Kwannon upon becoming Captain Britain.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

I have no basis for this speculation, other than I think it would be interesting, but with Madeline back in December and Wanda back, if Wanda is back to being a mutant, and if they were to want to explore something on the X-side of Marvel with Wanda, I think a limited series with Wanda and Madeline as the leads would be very interesting. They both have a magical connection with the darker side of Marvel. They have both been messed with by a guy obsessed with genetics. Both have gone through editorial mandated dragging through the mud connected to marriage and having children. They both have a twin, in the normal sense for Wanda and in the cloning sense for Madeline. Neither got to see their kids grow up. Neither would be very popular with the larger mutant community. I admit I don't know if they have ever interacted before, but I think they have enough in common to make for an interesting story if the right author wanted to go there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She didn't LOSE Psylocke, she surrendered the mantle to the resurrected Kwannon upon becoming Captain Britain.
    She definitely lost it and will never get it back.

Makes much more sense to have an actual Asian female play the role that is famous for being known as an Asian female, then give it to Betsy, a white woman.

X-Treme X-Men...?

Tom Muller tweeted:

XTREME CLOSEUP

Sweet! Storm was on that team, so makes sense that her Planet Arakko based X-men team book with Cable would carry that title.

Can’t wait for this announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    X-Treme X-Men...?

Tom Muller tweeted:
    Lol, I hope not. I’ve never liked that title. (Like, the literal title, no comment on the book itself)

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    The poster who usually has good spoilers claims we'll def get:

-XMEN by Duggan
    -Marauders relaunch w Duggan
    -Al Ewing "X-MEN, not Uncanny though" book w Cable and Storm leading
    -Another mini-series from Spurrier

-Excalibur and Force, he's not sure about...

He said New Mutants is over but surely we'll get another "younger generation" book...

Also 2 other books yet to be revealed.
    I just read the cable reloaded one shot, and I’d be down for a cable/ storm led xteam, if it included whiz kid, and that warrior woman who’s name I can’t remember at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I just read the cable reloaded one shot, and I’d be down for a cable/ storm led xteam, if it included whiz kid, and that warrior woman who’s name I can’t remember at the moment.
    Frenzy?

10char

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Frenzy?

10char
    They mean Khora of the burning heart who’s been in about 3 issues total but I already want a mini series telling me her back story on old Arrako.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Same. I really, really like Khora. And her and Cable’s interactions were great.

Amazing Member

X-men and Wolverine are staying. That's a no brainer.

Marauders, X-Force and Excalibur I can see them being relaunched into new volumes to boost sales again.

WOX will get a 2nd season thats confirmed.

SWORD should get a 2nd season too but it needs seriously revamped marketing. The rumour about getting X-men in the title is plausible.

X-Corp is dead.

NM should get revamped into a new Young team.

There's still teh Lavalle focused on a villain series.