Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Looks like Ewing and Percy will still be writing my favorites. I’m good with that.

My assumption is Ewing keeps Cable plus Storm and much of the SWORD cast intact in whatever he’s doing next (hopefully a book with “X-men” in the title and a badass artist so it sells); and Percy keeps Wolverine, writing both his solo and X-Force. Seems likely.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Zeb got the amazing spider-man gig, I imagine that's a pretty good reason to leave these books.
    Yeah. He deserves it and I am glad for him. Just will miss him on X books.

Alright, in light of recent news, time for a bit of an update.
    This should really have been called the post-Inferno X-Books line-up, since some of these books (Sabretooth, etc.) are launching simultaneously with XLoW/XDoW.

[I] The books that we know will be there (based on interviews, social media, etc.)

(a) EVENT BOOKS

X Lives of Wolverine by Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara, Federico Vicentini - 5 or 6 issue miniseries
    Wolverine

X Deaths of Wolverine by Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara, Federico Vicentini - 5 or 6 issue miniseries
    Wolverine

(b) KRAKOA BOOKS

X-Men by Gerry Duggan, Pepe Larraz (flagship title) - ongoing series
    Jean Grey, Cyclops, Polaris, Rogue, Sunfire, Synch and Wolverine; based out of the Treehouse

(untitled S.W.O.R.D. sequel) by Al Ewing - ongoing series
    Abigail Brand, Cable, The Six (Armor, Khora, Manifold, Peeper, Risque, Wiz-Kid) and other S.W.O.R.D. members; based out of the Peak and the Keep
    Storm, the Great Ring of Arakko and the other Arakkii; based out of Planet Arakko

The Legionaries by Si Spurrier - probably a mini-series
    Nightcrawler, Blindfold, Doctor Nemesis, Dust, ForgetMeNot, Juggernaut, Legion and Pixie; based out of the Altar
    Cortez, Lost, Xorn and Zorn as supporting characters

Wolverine by Benjamin Percy - ongoing series
    Wolverine
    Solem, Death and Maverick as supporting characters

Sabretooth by Victor LaValle, Leonard Kirk - 5 issue miniseries
    Sabretooth
    This is part 1 of the Victor LaValle triptych.

(untitled X-Men book A) by Victor LaValle
    This is part 2 of the Victor LaValle triptych.

(untitled X-Men book B) by Victor LaValle
    This is part 3 of the Victor LaValle triptych.

(untitled X-Men book) by Kieron Gillen
    This could be a Hellions sequel, or something new altogether.

(c) NON-KRAKOA BOOKS

The X-Cellent by Peter Milligan

(Untitled Gambit book) by Chris Claremont
    This is either another volume of X-Men Legends or a Gambit miniseries.

(d) DIGITAL-ONLY BOOKS

X-Men Unlimited by various writers, various artists
    This title might still be around next year.

[II] The books that are quite likely to be there in some form

Marauders sequel by Gerry Duggan / new writer
    Red Queen, Lockheed, Red Bishop, Iceman and Pyro; based out of the Marauder
    White Queen, White Bishop, White Knight, the Five-in-One, Black King, Black Bishop, the Black Knights, Jumbo Carnation, Saucier, Tempo and Banshee as supporting characters

Excalibur sequel by Tini Howard / new writer
    Captain Britain, Gloriana, Rictor, Gambit, Jubilee and Shogo; based out of the Lighthouse
    Captain Avalon, Monarch and Opal Luna Saturnyne as supporting characters
    Rachel might join this book, this has been hinted at in Excalibur 21

New Mutants sequel by Vita Ayala
    Mirage, Karma, Magik, Wolfsbane, Cypher, Warlock, Warpath and Scout; based out of the Akademos Habitat
    The Lost Club (No-Girl, Anole, Cosmar and Rain Boy) as supporting characters

X-Force sequel by Benjamin Percy
    Beast, Sage, Colossus, Wolverine, Domino, Kid Omega and Black Tom Cassidy; based out of the Pointe
    Deadpool might join this book, this has been hinted at in X-Force 21, Wolverine 13 and Cable 11

[III] The books that are a possibility but unlikely to be there

X-Corp relaunch or sequel

X-Factor relaunch or sequel

[IV] The books that were considered but never made it to production (based on interviews)

Moira X solo book
    This was probably meant to launch out of X-Men 6.
    I think that Hickman mentioned that they had a writer who agreed to come on this book way back in September 2019, but plans must have changed because we have not heard anything about this book since.
    This book is probably not going to happen anymore.
    The ideas that were going to be explored in this have probably been divided up between Inferno and X Lives of Wolverine / X Deaths of Wolverine.

Children of the Vault
    This was probably meant to launch out of the cliffhanger ending of X-Men 5.
    I think this was the book that was offered to Mike Carey but he declined because he couldn't commit to doing a monthly title.
    No one else was interested so Hickman came back and folded whatever ideas he had for this book into X-Men 18 and 19.
    This book probably would have had Synch, Wolverine and Darwin as the protagonists and chronicled their centuries-long cat-and-mouse game with the Children of the Vault.
    I think that it is very unlikely for this book to happen now since the mutants have already left the Vault and doing a book with the COTV as the sole focus characters would be a very non-commercial undertaking.

The Imperial Guard
    This was probably meant to launch out of the new Shi'ar Imperium status quo established at the end of New Mutants 7.
    If I were to guess, Cannonball, Smasher and Sunspot would probably have been the main X-Men characters and a new Superguardian recruit would have been the audience viewpoint protagonist.
    Hickman probably folded whatever ideas he might have had for this book into X-Men 17.
    Out of the three, I think this one probably has the highest chances of still happening, as the new Shi'ar status quo is still unexplored. All they need to do is to find a writer who is interested.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 09-26-2021 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Apparently, Kieron Gillen attended the "three-day, nine-hour, top secret X-Men summit this week".

Also attending: Tini, Leah, Hickman, Percy, Duggan, Spurrier, Jordan D White, Vita, Ewing, Mark Basso (Wolverine Editor) & another mystery writer

Green smile is probably just Victor LaValle who is writing a Sabretooth mini.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Alright, in light of recent news, time for a bit of an update.
    This should really have been called the post-Inferno X-Books line-up, since some of these books (Sabretooth, etc.) are launching simultaneously with XLoW/XDoW.

[I] The books that we know will be there (based on interviews, social media, etc.)

(a) EVENT BOOKS

X Lives of Wolverine by Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara, Federico Vicentini - 5 or 6 issue miniseries
    Wolverine

X Deaths of Wolverine by Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara, Federico Vicentini - 5 or 6 issue miniseries
    Wolverine

(b) KRAKOA BOOKS

X-Men by Gerry Duggan, Pepe Larraz (flagship title) - ongoing series
    Jean Grey, Cyclops, Polaris, Rogue, Sunfire, Synch and Wolverine; based out of the Treehouse

Abigail Brand, Cable, The Six (Armor, Khora, Manifold, Peeper, Risque, Wiz-Kid) and other S.W.O.R.D. members; based out of the Peak and the Keep
    Storm, the Great Ring of Arakko and the other Arakkii; based out of Planet Arakko

Nightcrawler, Blindfold, Doctor Nemesis, Dust, ForgetMeNot, Juggernaut, Legion and Pixie; based out of the Altar
    Cortez, Lost, Xorn and Zorn as supporting characters

Wolverine by Benjamin Percy - ongoing series
    Wolverine
    Solem, Death and Maverick as supporting characters

Sabretooth

This could be a Hellions sequel, or something new altogether.

(c) NON-KRAKOA BOOKS

[II] The books that are quite likely to be there in some form

Marauders sequel by Gerry Duggan / new writer
    Red Queen, Lockheed, Red Bishop, Iceman and Pyro; based out of the Marauder
    White Queen, White Bishop, White Knight, the Five-in-One, Black King, Black Bishop, the Black Knights, Jumbo Carnation, Saucier, Tempo and Banshee as supporting characters

Captain Britain, Gloriana, Rictor, Gambit, Jubilee and Shogo; based out of the Lighthouse
    Captain Avalon, Monarch and Opal Luna Saturnyne as supporting characters

New Mutants sequel by Vita Ayala
    Mirage, Karma, Magik, Wolfsbane, Cypher, Warlock, Warpath and Scout; based out of the Akademos Habitat
    The Lost Club (No-Girl, Anole, Cosmar and Rain Boy) as supporting characters

X-Force sequel by Benjamin Percy
    Beast, Sage, Colossus, Wolverine, Domino, Kid Omega and Black Tom Cassidy; based out of the Pointe

[III] The books that are a possibility but unlikely to be there

X-Corp relaunch or sequel

X-Factor relaunch or sequel

[IV] The books that were considered but never made it to production (based on interviews)

Moira X solo book
    This was probably meant to launch out of X-Men 6.
    I think that Hickman mentioned that they had a writer who agreed to come on this book way back in September 2019, but plans must have changed because we have not heard anything about this book since.
    This book is probably not going to happen anymore.
    The ideas that were going to be explored in this have probably been divided up between Inferno and X Lives of Wolverine / X Deaths of Wolverine.

Children of the Vault
    This was probably meant to launch out of the cliffhanger ending of X-Men 5.
    I think this was the book that was offered to Mike Carey but he declined because he couldn't commit to doing a monthly title.
    No one else was interested so Hickman came back and folded whatever ideas he had for this book into X-Men 18 and 19.
    This book probably would have had Synch, Wolverine and Darwin as the protagonists and chronicled their centuries-long cat-and-mouse game with the Children of the Vault.
    I think that it is very unlikely for this book to happen now since the mutants have already left the Vault and doing a book with the COTV as the sole focus characters would be a very non-commercial undertaking.

The Imperial Guard
    This was probably meant to launch out of the new Shi'ar Imperium status quo established at the end of New Mutants 7.
    If I were to guess, Cannonball, Smasher and Sunspot would probably have been the main X-Men characters and a new Superguardian recruit would have been the audience viewpoint protagonist.
    Hickman probably folded whatever ideas he might have had for this book into X-Men 17.
    Out of the three, I think this one probably has the highest chances of still happening, as the new Shi'ar status quo is still unexplored. All they need to do is to find a writer who is interested.
    Don't forget that Hickman in his exit interview said that LaValle's Sabertooth book is the first of a triptych, so there are two other X-Books that will be coming from him

To summarise, if everything pans out as I've speculated, we'll have around 12 books a month (10 Krakoa, 2 non-Krakoa) starting from March.
    Which means an average of about 3 issues a week.

10 Krakoa X-Books:
    X-Men, (S.W.O.R.D. sequel), The Legionaries, Wolverine, Sabretooth, (Kieron Gillen book), (Marauders sequel), (Excalibur sequel), (New Mutants sequel), (X-Force sequel)

2 Non-Krakoa X-Books:
    The X-Cellent, (Gambit / X-Men Legends)

1 Digital X-Book:
    X-Men Unlimited

This seems like a fairly reasonable and robust line-up of books to me. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Don't forget that Hickman in his exit interview said that LaValle's Sabertooth book is the first of a triptych, so there are two other X-Books that will be coming from him
    Yeah, you're right, I've edited that in. Do let me know if there is more news that I've missed.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That many books seems a tad excessive but I'll still be buying only those that interest me. So far, speculatively, that's only three to five titles.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I missed having 3 books almost every week. That almost guaranteed that there would at least be one book I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That many books seems a tad excessive but I'll still be buying only those that interest me. So far, speculatively, that's only three to five titles.
    The rumor was that the line would be tighter going forward, but not looking like it from that shot of the virtual writer’s room and the list above. Having said that, some of those are limited series I’m sure (e.g., Sabretooth, Legionairies). And, as usual, I’ll probably be buying 3-4 of them… X-men, X-Force (or its sequel), SWORD sequel, Wolverine. And I’ll get Sabretooth and possibly the Marauders sequel. That’s it, though.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Definitely X-Men, SWORD, Marauders... anything else is wait-and-see.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Same page. Except I’ll continue to get Percy’s Wolverine (which I think has been quite good) and his X-Force (which has not been as good and hopefully gets better) because Logan is a favorite of mine. So assuming Duggan is still on Marauders, or whatever its replacement is, as well as X-men; and Percy is on Wolverine and X-Force, of whatever its replacement is, then not much is changing for me. Buying Percy’s books, Duggan’s books and Ewing’s book.

My guess is that Marauders is over; it's last solicited issue is 40 pages, like Hellions'.

Excalibur, I bet, continues on with the same creative team. It's last solicited issue is just a normal 32 pages. Doesn't feel like a goodbye.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    My guess is that Marauders is over; it's last solicited issue is 40 pages, like Hellions'.

Excalibur, I bet, continues on with the same creative team. It's last solicited issue is just a normal 32 pages. Doesn't feel like a goodbye.
    I’d believe that. Marauders doesn’t really have a unique place or something that needs to go on.

Another round of updates, for anyone who is interested in this.

[I] The books that we know will be there (based on press releases, interviews and social media)

(a) KRAKOA EVENT BOOKS

X Lives of Wolverine by Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara, Federico Vicentini - 5 issue miniseries
    X Deaths of Wolverine by Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara, Federico Vicentini - 5 issue miniseries
    Main Character: Wolverine
    Supporting Characters: Jean Grey, Mystique, Moira X (?)

(b) KRAKOA TEAM BOOKS

X-Men by Gerry Duggan, Pepe Larraz, Javier Pina - ongoing series (flagship title)
    Team Leaders: Jean Grey, Cyclops
    Team Members: Polaris, Rogue, Sunfire, Synch, Wolverine
    Team Headquarters: The Treehouse

S.W.O.R.D.: Abigail Brand, Cable, The Six (Armor, Khora, Manifold, Peeper, Risque, Wiz-Kid) and other S.W.O.R.D. members; based out of the Peak and the Keep
    Arakko: Storm, the Great Ring of Arakko and the other Arakkii; based out of Planet Arakko

Marauders by Steve Orlando - ongoing series
    Team Leaders: Red Bishop, Red Queen
    Team Members: Aurora, Daken, Lockheed, Psylocke, Somnus, Tempo
    Team Headquarters: (unnamed new boat)

New Mutants by Vita Ayala, Rod Reis - ongoing series
    Team Members: Karma, Magik, Mirage, Warlock, Warpath, Wolfsbane, Scout
    Supporting Characters: The Lost Club (Anole, Cosmar, No-Girl, Rain Boy), Jonathan the Wolverine
    Team Headquarters: The Akademos Habitat

Team Leaders: Nightcrawler, Legion
    Team Members: Blindfold, Doctor Nemesis, Dust, ForgetMeNot, Juggernaut, Pixie
    Supporting Characters: Cortez, Lost, Xorn, Zorn
    Team Headquarters: The Altar

This could be something related to Mister Sinister and the Chimaeras, the Hellions team would have been disbanded by this time

(c) KRAKOA SOLO BOOKS

Wolverine by Benjamin Percy, Adam Kubert - ongoing series
    Main Character: Wolverine
    Supporting Characters: Agent Jeff Bannister, Maverick, Solem, Death, Louise of the Nightguard

Main Character: Sabretooth
    This is Part 1 of the Victor LaValle triptych. It will be followed by Part 2 and Part 3, which are probably 5-issue miniseries as well.

(d) KRAKOA DIGITAL-ONLY BOOKS

X-Men Unlimited by various writers, various artists
    This title might still be around next year.

(e) NON-KRAKOA BOOKS

[II] The books that might be there in some form (based on speculation)

Team Leader: Captain Britain
    Team Members: Gambit, Gloriana, Jubilee, Rictor, Shatterstar, Shogo
    Supporting Characters: Opal Luna Saturnyne, Captain Avalon, Monarch, Apocalypse (maybe)
    Team Headquarters: The Lighthouse
    Rachel might join this book, this has been hinted at in Excalibur 21.

X-Force sequel by Benjamin Percy / new writer
    Team Leaders: Beast, Wolverine
    Team Members: Black Tom Cassidy, Colossus, Domino, Kid Omega, Sage
    Team Headquarters: The Pointe
    Deadpool might join this book, this has been hinted at in X-Force 21, Wolverine 13 and Cable 11.

X-Corp sequel by Leah Williams / new writer
    Hellfire Trading Company: White Queen, White Bishop, White Knight, Black King, Black Bishop, Black Knights
    X-Corp Board of Directors: Archangel, Black Priestess, Penance, Mastermind, Trinary
    Supporting Characters: Multiple Man, Wind Dancer, Iceman (?)
    Headquarters: Hellfire Bay, X-Corp Island

[III] The books that were considered but never made it to production (based on interviews)

Moira X solo book

Children of the Vault

The Imperial Guard

Thanks for the summary. I'll likely be geting Legionaries, SWORD and whatever Kieron Gillen is writing.

I'm very curious about LaValle triple pitch.