Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Lois Lane and Jeb Friedman ?

With all the Batman/Lois debate in the movies, it came out that in the Superman death comic, some time after his return, Lois dated Jeb Friedman. My question is very simple, Lois cheated on Clark.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

That isn't a question.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

My question is simpler

Lois ultimately chose Clark, so what does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    With all the Batman/Lois debate in the movies, it came out that in the Superman death comic, some time after his return, Lois dated Jeb Friedman. My question is very simple, Lois cheated on Clark.
    That’s a statement not a question. And it’s an incorrect statement, because at the time as far as she knew Clark was dead. You can’t cheat on a dead person. She also didn’t pursue it and he was a creep the entire time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    That’s a statement not a question. And it’s an incorrect statement, because at the time as far as she knew Clark was dead. You can’t cheat on a dead person. She also didn’t pursue it and he was a creep the entire time.
    I am not only talking about the death of superman, after his return he and lois returned, but lois continued with the other, with the 2 at the same time.

BANNED

Using the translator doesn't work very well, sorry if you don't understand.

Using the translator doesn't work very well, sorry if you don't understand.
    Ah, sorry then. No worries.

I am not only talking about the death of superman, after his return he and lois returned, but lois continued with the other, with the 2 at the same time.
    Ok, then I think you have the wrong idea because that is not what happened. My recollection is that she broke things off with Jeb before Clark came back. It was never presented as serious, Jeb was a pushy creep and I think they kissed once and that triggered her to break it off. Soon thereafter Clark actually came back for real and they were back together and engaged. I honestly don't recall Jeb even appearing after that. Lois & Clark broke off the engagement at one point for like 6 or so months, and Lois left the country, but I don't recall Jeb coming back into the books at all during that period, but I could be mistaken.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-19-2022 at 07:57 AM.

BANNED

Ok, then I think you have the wrong idea because that is not what happened. My recollection is that she broke things off with Jeb before Clark came back. It was never presented as serious, Jeb was a pushy creep and I think they kissed once and that triggered her to break it off. Soon thereafter Clark actually came back for real and they were back together and engaged. I honestly don't recall Jeb even appearing after that. Lois & Clark broke off the engagement at one point for like 6 or so months, and Lois left the country, but I don't recall Jeb coming back into the books at all during that period, but I could be mistaken.
    Jeb died in the storyline dealing with Lois breaking off their engagement.

BANNED

Thanks for the reply, that's what I wanted to know.

Yikes! Talk about "pushy" (LOL):

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yikes! Talk about "pushy" (LOL):
    I don't remember, but was that page the first appearance of Jeb Friedman or did that character appear earlier? I don't remember seeing him before Death of Superman, but to be fair I only bought the occasional issue here and there of the Super books up until about two months before the Doomsday storyline.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I don't remember, but was that page the first appearance of Jeb Friedman or did that character appear earlier? I don't remember seeing him before Death of Superman, but to be fair I only bought the occasional issue here and there of the Super books up until about two months before the Doomsday storyline.
    The DC Database states that his 1st appearance is...

Superman: The Man of Steel #4

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The DC Database states that his 1st appearance is...

Superman: The Man of Steel #4
    Aha. Thank you. Its been years since I've reread the pre-death era. I eventually did go back and fill in the holes in my collection going back to shortly before Crisis so I've no doubt read it but have forgotten ol Jeb. The only thing I clearly remember is Jeb dying and Lois being mad at Clark for not saving him.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Aha. Thank you. Its been years since I've reread the pre-death era. I eventually did go back and fill in the holes in my collection going back to shortly before Crisis so I've no doubt read it but have forgotten ol Jeb. The only thing I clearly remember is Jeb dying and Lois being mad at Clark for not saving him.
    You're welcome. Clark had trouble finding the body, but the break-up at the end made it all the more heartbreaking.

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-01-2022 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Made a Correction.

Unless they retconned things or my memory fails me again, from what I recall he tried to make his move, she wasn't that into it, and that was that. Before he made his intentions incredibly obvious, she seemed to appreciate his companionship during that time but when he kissed her that was pretty much it. Nothing about it seemed to imply they were dating by any stretch rather it was just welcome company as she was otherwise alone dealing with losing her fiancée.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-01-2022 at 02:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El