Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I liked the art more than I thought I would, but the story hasn't really grabbed me quite yet.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Boy, that cover is amazing. It's just screams what a space sci-fi should be about.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

After seeing the first sample panels sans color, I was not totally enthralled with how the book could potentially look. After seeing the same sample panels in color, it def kicked it up a notch. Now after reading the book, I’d day its a pretty damn good fit for the book on the whole. I tried to imagine what it would be like if the interior art was reminiscent of the cover (which is great), and frankly I don’t think it would work as well. Enjoyed it overall.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

WORLD OF KRYPTON #4
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    Art by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    Variant cover by AUD KOCH
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (Card stock)
    ON SALE 3/1/22

The trial of the millennium! As Jor-El and his brother investigate the mysterious mass-extinction events ravaging Krypton’s natural world, a much more public event holds the planet’s attention—a member of the House of El stands trial for aiding violent revolutionaries. As all of Krypton watches, a betrayal is revealed that threatens to shatter the long-standing friendship between Jor-El and General Zod.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The big heads , always judging.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Wonder if it’s Jor betraying Zod or Zod betraying Jor that the solicit hints at. Maybe Zod attempts his coup?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

World of Krypton #2 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Michael Avon Oeming

Wonder how many other Els are going to show up?

Ok we got to see Venditti’s take on the split between Jor and Zod, and I actually dug it. Zod sends Kru to the PZ after Kru is convicted, despite Jor telling him how awful his time there was. Zod points out that he’s spent his entire life using Jor’s science as a weapon, yet he’s never heard a word of thanks from Jor for all the times he’s helped Jor. Venditti is probably my favorite Zod writer, he writes Zod to clearly be an *******, but one that has valid points and depth to him.

Really Zod had good points to defend here. He is the one who does the dirty work meanwhile Jor-El does the clean work, without thinking about the consecuences of his theories end experiments.

But, this also has been a way to set Jor-El apart from his role of "hangman", by sending people to the phantom zone. I always found that aspect of the character intriguing. But I suppose than eventually it will be Zod who send all those kryptonians to the Phantom zone, until maybe Jor-El had to send him personally to that place.
    I must admit this exploration of Krypton is very interesting.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Solid issue. What I find ironic is that the one thing that a lot of peeps (myself included) had reservations about — the art — is a huge part of what’s making this book. I mean, Venditti has been known to write a good Superman story, and a good Zod, but the the artwork has been pretty great. Specifically all things Phantom Zone in this issue; from the scene where Jor is exploring it, all the way to the panels where Kru gets zapped… all pretty f'n awesome.

And I can honestly say from now on whenever I hear the term, "elephant in the room," I'll be thinking to myself, "thought-beast in the room", heh.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

This is the type of thing I like to see in scifi, massive city scapes!

WORLD OF KRYPTON #5
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    Art by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    Variant cover by MARGUERITE SAUVAGE
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/5/22

As Kryptonians suffer the effects of the planet’s deterioration, they lose faith in their leaders. But taking to the streets in protest puts them in Zod’s crosshairs. With his own people as his enemy, will he curb his brutality? Meanwhile, Jor-El is distracted by matters of a more personal nature!
    Guessing the final issue will deal with Zod being banished to the PZ.

"Personal nature" Kal-El's birth?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Personal nature" Kal-El's birth?
    Has to be, Krypton is in it’s final months of life at that point from the solicits.