Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Venditti wrote a really solid Zod over in Hal an’ Pals so I’m interested in seeing how he writes him here. Seems clear Zod’s coup will be covered and seeing Venditti’s take on that could be fun since he writes Zod as more morally gray rather than a mustache twirler.
    Be interesting to see how he depicts Zod and Jor-El's relationship.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Not a huge fan of Oeming but the trippy Tron look could be okay. I know Dani’s art isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but man I sure would like it on this book myself. Think it’d be a good fit.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think the cover artist choice is very misleading. They went with an artist who does more realistic art. It's gonna make for a pretty drastic contrast and could be jarring to readers.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

On the topic, what are the best already existing stories about Krypton and its history?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    On the topic, what are the best already existing stories about Krypton and its history?
    Hm. Byrne’s World of Krypton is probably the major series that focuses on the lore of Krypton and history of the Els. Otherwise it’s mainly just minor flashbacks and the like. There’s Lobdell’s Return to Krypton during the New 52 but obviously YMMV heavily on that. I liked the Lara stories during the New 52, there were backups in Action featuring Lara as a soldier trying to stop a coup that I enjoyed a lot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The best Krypton stuff tends to be one-shot stories scattered throughout various eras.

Geoff Johns & Rags Morales did a story in an Action Comics Annual #10 from 2007 that detailed the whole story of Jor-El, Lara, Zod, Ursa, and Non that's become the backbone of their entire modern characterization and backstory.

Grant Morrison & Gene Ha's Krypton flashback story from early in their Action Comics #5 in 2011 is probably one of the best updates of Krypton and the fall of Kandor.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That artwork is YEESH! Hope the coloring cleans it up.
    Yeah, I can't believe they put a cover that looks so good on a book with art like that.

Styles are radically different, should’ve just had Oeming draw the cover, but I don’t think Oeming is “bad” at all.

I actually like Oeming's art more than that cover, but yeah, this is a case of badly advertised product.

This looks a lot better colored.

WORLD OF KRYPTON #3
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    Art by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    Variant cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 3 of 6 | $4.99 US Variant (Card stock)
    ON SALE 2/1/22

As evidence of Krypton's environmental precarity mounts, the ruling council fights even harder to hide behind the myth of utopia. But a refusal to confront the problem is truly a refusal to attempt a solution! Zod is determined to force their hands and turns to his old friend Jor-El for backup, but their methods may be too dissimilar.

Amazing Member

Kripto so cute, Kara is so big eyed but it looks so cute , she looks so happy in this art I loved this art

Wait, is that supposed to be Kara's family? Does Allura look black to anyone else ?

Are they just going to establish Krypto was Kara's first to explain why they get paired so much these days?