Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

World of Krypton #3 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Michael Avon Oeming

Oh hey, it's Hawkman's Kryptonian life! I forgot he was Kara's teacher. I'm not surprised Venditti played that card here.

Although I don't remember if he was that dark-skinned...

Also, more Allura intrigue!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh hey, it's Hawkman's Kryptonian life! I forgot he was Kara's teacher. I'm not surprised Venditti played that card here.

Although I don't remember if he was that dark-skinned...

Also, more Allura intrigue!
    I’m treating this as an Elseworld with Vendetti folding in ideas he’s used elsewhere. Hawkman showing up everywhere because of his reincarnations is one of the few “everything is connected” ideas I actually dig.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m treating this as an Elseworld
    Is there any particular reason for that or is just because it is separate mini not really connected to anything going on in Action/Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Is there any particular reason for that or is just because it is separate mini not really connected to anything going on in Action/Superman?
    Well, we have so many origins for Krypton as it is...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Allura here doesn’t look anything like the Allura in Supergirl: WoT, and Lara doesn’t look anything like her counterpart in canon either (both are blondes for example). Superman continuity is such a mess however that you’re free to pretty much pick and choose what you want.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Allura here doesn’t look anything like the Allura in Supergirl: WoT, and Lara doesn’t look anything like her counterpart in canon either (both are blondes for example). Superman continuity is such a mess however that you’re free to pretty much pick and choose what you want.
    That is kind of funny. Makes it seem like the El boys have a type .

Man this cover is gorgeous:

That is kind of funny. Makes it seem like the El boys have a type .
    Well Lara and Allura already have similar sounding names in addition to their hair types so maybe the Els do lol. Personally I like Jor and Zor being where Kal and Kara get their brains, but I’d prefer if their moms were in a different field and gave their kids some of the more aggressive traits (I loved Lara being a soldier and I dug Pre-Flashpoint Allura being a politician).

I enjoy when we get to learn about some of the other major Houses of Krypton.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Overall, this seemed like a bridge issue, but the art continues to impress and is a perfect counterpart to the story. And as someone who’s had a lifelong interest in history, to the point of making a career out of it, brings a smile to my face when it plays a part in a comic. So yeah, really enjoyed the Kara piece. And the Krypto scene was pretty great.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

It surprises me the twist when the scince council supported Jor-El. Let's see how they exploit this, but still cautious.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

WORLD OF KRYPTON #6
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    Art by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    Variant cover by CAT STAGGS
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 6 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/3/22
    The final days of Krypton are upon us. Will the House of El survive the turmoil? One fateful battle between science and authoritarianism will decide the future!

I see Kara has strong genes .

I see Kara has strong genes .
    How so?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin