Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    baumblume

back to X-Men: The Trial of Magneto 2
    Cerebro only has Wanda's memories stored up until right before losing Billy & Tommy.

baumblume

My theory now is Hope and or fake Wanda (and the rest of the 5) probably was the one who killed Wanda just to resurrect her back as a Mutant. Especially since the last issue of New Mutants it was the 5 who were saying they have the power to do what they please when it comes to resurrection.
    I still think that this arc will lead to Mags being Wanda and Pietros father again. And everything he is doing is to protect his kids.

My theory... Wanda was ressurected, but Wanda is also in spiritual Limbo. Ress. Wanda is a younger (knowledge wise depending on when she was last backed up on Cerebro) version of herself that may still be a mutant (i still feel she used magic to rewrite her & Pietro history and ties to magneto). I feel like Hope may have just gave a her a quick rundown or mentally walking her through it. Spirit Wanda's journey could lead her back into her real body

baumblume

I may be wrong...but can't the vision see past the illusion? Or does his synthezoid brain get similarly affected by telepathic illusions?

baumblume

it was Hope that made Eric act the way he's acting now so my question is what is she hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I may be wrong...but can't the vision see past the illusion? Or does his synthezoid brain get similarly affected by telepathic illusions?
    In theory a powerfull telepathy can affect his mind, being synthezoid and all, BUT his system will record the actual truth nonetheless and his will notice the discrepancies in the log files.
    <so yeah better ask Forge to do something about>

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    In theory a powerfull telepathy can affect his mind, being synthezoid and all, BUT his system will record the actual truth nonetheless and his will notice the discrepancies in the log files.
    <so yeah better ask Forge to do something about>
    Could a technopath like Trinary or Hijack mess with his mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Could a technopath like Trinary or Hijack mess with his mind?
    Sure..but that would arise the question: why not doing the same against the sentinels or nimrod?

If anything this could be a pivotal moment and Magneto is reacting to one of Moira's past lives and using this as an opportunity to make things right. One thing the story was pimping is this is their last chance to get it right. So far Apocalypse is the only one to get what he wants. He restored Arrako mutants and got his family so he got his happy ending even if it came at a cost to him and i think Magneto sees this is his chance. I find it the most interesting he's been in awhile because of that backdrop of the lives they all have seen.

theages.jpg

So magneto isn't exactly acting linear here like most others.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-17-2021 at 03:24 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Correct me if I remember this wrong, but wasn't this originally planned to be a story arc in X-Factor, before Marvel decided to market this as a Magneto event? Because this feels like what you get when you cancel an ongoing on short notice and tell the writer to turn the rest of the run into a Magneto event.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Correct me if I remember this wrong, but wasn't this originally planned to be a story arc in X-Factor, before Marvel decided to market this as a Magneto event? Because this feels like what you get when you cancel an ongoing on short notice and tell the writer to turn the rest of the run into a Magneto event.
    This sounds about right to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah a big part of me doesn't want Wanda to lose a lot of the progression she did have just to undo M-day stuff. Why can't she just make it up to them by being the reality warper that gives them longer lives or something? Let her fix her issues, not just erase them.
    I honestly think it would be easiest to go with the opposite of the Franklin situation. Just like Franklin subconsciously changed reality to make everyone believe he was a mutant, Wanda subconsciously did the opposite.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Along with a conveniently meek Wanda who is totoally acceptable of him. Can I say this is "fake" Wanda?
    If we are gonna cherry picking here, HoM Wanda is also fake, she is literally amnesiac for no reason.
    So even when we don't actually know of their dynamic in retrospect (because we can logically presume a lot of what we know historically could have happened piecemeal between them in lives 1-9)without absolutely and arbitrarily stuffing all of this history into life X... Wanda under no circumstances ,in no reality should be totally acceptable to Magneto?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I honestly think it would be easiest to go with the opposite of the Franklin situation. Just like Franklin subconsciously changed reality to make everyone believe he was a mutant, Wanda subconsciously did the opposite.
    Yeah, makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    So even when we don't actually know of their dynamic in retrospect (because we can logically presume a lot of what we know historically could have happened piecemeal between them in lives 1-9)without absolutely and arbitrarily stuffing all of this history into life X... Wanda under no circumstances ,in no reality should be totally acceptable to Magneto?
    I think it's more Magneto has to learn to accept Wanda as she is first, Wanda should not have to be perfectly fine for and/or w/ him first.

Think about it.Wanda is hated and demonized, yet Magneto is treated like a Hero on Krakoa and hasn't been held accountable for any of the things he has done to humankind, the EM thing, etc. .Not to mention he did kill Pietro which lead to "No more mutants", and killed other mutants Like Jean and ripped apart Logan etc.
    Wanda has tried to account for everything she has done, Magneto just doesn't care.

Magneto didn't kill Jean, that was Xorn. That's why I can't take some posters' takes on Magneto seriously because they're not fully informed on the character.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Magneto didn't kill Jean, that was Xorn. That's why I can't take some posters' takes on Magneto seriously because they're not fully informed on the character.
    Magneto kills his son that is canon.