Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    This is the real truth.
    If this was true he would have celebrated no longer being related to Pietro or Wanda . Or would no care to have a relationship with Lorna.

That said I hate Marvel tendency to destroy all kind of family links, the moment Lorna AND magneto became related Marvel ignored their past story or tried to force them into tropes.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I feel like the Magneto interruptions mess with the story's flow. Like he just comes in, stirs up ****, and derails what's going on for a bit. I get he's upset, but settle down, Beavis.
    Ahaha, love it.

Thats just Leah take on him, I wish he was no part of this story ay all but ITS hard because Marvel decided to use His mame to Sell It.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    If this was true he would have celebrated no longer being related to Pietro or Wanda . Or would no care to have a relationship with Lorna.

That said I hate Marvel tendency to destroy all kind of family links, the moment Lorna AND magneto became related Marvel ignored their past story or tried to force them into tropes.
    The author has clearly noticed that Magnus family fighting is an iconic part of their stories which is true, but it’s very easy to fall into forcing it.

But, yes, there was something strong and nuanced about Lorna and Magneto’s relationship once upon a time. The family right now doesn’t deserve the HoM title.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-16-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The author has clearly noticed that Magnus family fighting is an iconic part of their stories which is true, but it’s very easy to fall into forcing it.

But, yes, there was something strong and nuanced about Lorna and Magneto’s relationship once upon a time. The family right now doesn’t deserve the HoM title.
    Agreed, they need to be a family first to be called one. I agree It doenst come without conflict but ITS better than a collection of tropes.

Mighty Member

I think the problems with this story is that there is most likely no intention of leaving Wanda dead. Writers know she'll be back by end, so they write the story less seriously. Emma fooling everyone and Tony being a jokester were parts that did not fit in a serious storyline. They also write Magneto as cuckoo to make him a red herring since it's his "own story" after all.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I think the problems with this story is that there is most likely no intention of leaving Wanda dead. Writers know she'll be back by end, so they write the story less seriously. Emma fooling everyone and Tony being a jokester were parts that did not fit in a serious storyline. They also write Magneto as cuckoo to make him a red herring since it's his "own story" after all.
    Agreed It shows a lighthearted style that doenst suit the murder mystery kind of story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Finally read it. Overall liked the issue though Magneto keeps being insufferable. Jean showed why she's the heart of the X-men. I don't think Wanda at the end is a resurrected one with outdated memories. If Hope isn't okay with manipulating Magneto's mind she shouldn't be okay with this either. I think someting else is at play but don't know what.
    ??? How is Magneto being insufferable? He's treating people he really has no reason to like (Avengers) with the contempt they deserve. Take Iron Dunce for example.

His armor is Magnet-Proof? What the hell?!? Has he ever heard of a rail gun and what they can do? MAGNETO IS A LIVING ONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE THE LIMITATIONS OF A MECHANICAL ONE,FOOL.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 09-16-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    ??? How is Magneto being insufferable? He's treating people he really has no reason to like (Avengers) with the contempt they deserve. Take Iron Dunce for example.

His armor is Magnet-Proof? What the hell?!? Has he ever heard of a rail gun and what they can do? MAGNETO IS A LIVING ONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE THE LIMITATIONS OF A MECHANICAL ONE,FOOL.
    He's way too hostile. He threatened Kyle's life, acts like Lorna is a stepchild and he's the reason why all the fighting started. To be fair Tony was too eager to jump into it as well.

Which is OOC considering their previous interactions. The problem is that marvel acts as if he canīt care about more than one daughter at a time and Kyle has been living on Krakoa since the beggining which Magneto perfectly knew, from the beggining all members of mutant families can live on Krakoa no matter if they are human or mutant, all of this is just forced drama with an OOC Magneto. The fact this story has his name on the title doesnīt mean heīs been written in character.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Magneto's been off his rocker these two issues. It could just be him being a dickhole, but with how erratic the old man's been, part of me thinks he's being a dick to Lorna to push her away or to misdirect things. Or maybe he's overcome with guilt over something, and hopes he can make her hate him so she won't feel bad about whatever happens to him.

I don't think he killed Wanda, but he could be complicit in something. Or at least feel at fault.
    Last edited by Rift; 09-16-2021 at 11:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I think this is just OOC writting, Leah has been writting him this way in relation to Lorna since X of Swords, this just has the addition that Wanda and Pietro are there. Itīs not really a thing of this particular story but I would love if what you said was true, that would give some nuance to an otherwise one note character Magneto has been on this two issues.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Which is OOC considering their previous interactions. The problem is that marvel acts as if he canīt care about more than one daughter at a time and Kyle has been living on Krakoa since the beggining which Magneto perfectly knew, from the beggining all members of mutant families can live on Krakoa no matter if they are human or mutant, all of this is just forced drama with an OOC Magneto. The fact this story has his name on the title doesnīt mean heīs been written in character.

yeah he he just dont Care for his son Magneto never cared about Pietro the way he did Wanda or lorna. he is abuser *******. for Magneto Wanda is the good twin, Pietro is the bad twin.Every time I see this, I literally want to rage. Like **** that, you can’t just label one as good and the other as bad. I love Wanda with all my heart but she is just as flawed as Pietro and isn’t perfect.It’s so sad the way Magneto interacts with Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    yeah he he just dont Care for his son Magneto never cared about Pietro the way he did Wanda or lorna. he is abuser *******. for Magneto Wanda is the good twin, Pietro is the bad twin.Every time I see this, I literally want to rage. Like **** that, you can’t just label one as good and the other as bad. I love Wanda with all my heart but she is just as flawed as Pietro and isn’t perfect.It’s so sad the way Magneto interacts with Pietro.
    Sure he doesnīt care about him at all but I get you will keep being mad and itīs ok HoM really was the breaking point between them, there was no justification for Magneto beating out Pietro and marvel doesnīt even notice it. I just want them to interact beyond the point of Pietro literally trying to beat him to death everytime they meet like he did on this story in Son of M, AvX and Childrenīs Crusade but I will take each one of them keeping themselves to their own corner in the mean time. Call me old school but in the event this story undoes the retcon, blood means nothing if the characters will keep beating each other to death everytime they meet.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think 'voyeuristic' is a better word to describe him, especially because how his power always infringes on another's privacy. He just can't keep his mental peepers shut, he always has to observe what he shouldn't.
    That descriptor fits him, too. All I know is, I no longer trust him the way I once did.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Astonishing X-Men Annual #1.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Finally read it. Overall liked the issue though Magneto keeps being insufferable. Jean showed why she's the heart of the X-Men. I don't think Wanda at the end is a resurrected one with outdated memories. If Hope isn't okay with manipulating Magneto's mind she shouldn't be okay with this either. I think something else is at play but don't know what.
    This is what I've loved about her appearance so far in this series: Leah has done a great job of underscoring that she is and always has been the heart of the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The marvel encylopedia, the latest one says that hope is a telepath and telekinetic in her own right.

Attachment 113792
    It's either a mistake or an unstated retcon. Even her Marvel wiki doesn't list telepathy or telekinesis amongst her abilities.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hope_..._and_Abilities