Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

What did Leah said?

He´s cute but he´s not a flower

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    According to the conversation between Wanda and Magneto before Wanda sued her us their father. Now it looks kkke cerebro brought back a pre Acis Wanda, so this version is still a mutant and Magneto’s daughter.
    Well so far the conversation involved them agreeing to "pretend" to be related because they want to but there was no talk yet about the retcon being undone.

Basically,retcon was Wanda altering reality during Axis and ut only happened when Marvel didn’t have the X-Men movie rights. In the movies the twins had to be just Wanda and Pietro because Marvel didn’t have the rights to the names Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Now that they do and mutants will be in Phase 5, the twins are going back as a part of Magneto’s family and mutants.
    Yes I heard this theory about Wanda using her powers to make him no longer her father but so far marvel has not pointed to this being part of the narrative and Leah is not really suggesting this happened.

I agree the retcon was made because of the movie rights and yes Disney taking over Fox may mean the retcon is going to be undone but so far this doesn´t look like a sure thing and the Wanda that appeared in the end could be fake so I will wait until the story is done.

Right now I think this story is going to be more about Wanda healing her bridges with the X-men and mutantkind than about the retcon.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2021 at 01:28 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That part. Everything else they asked for but threatening one of the few citizens of Krakoa who can't be resurrected was full Silver Age Magneto.

On a side note I'm realizing that one of the reasons I liked X-Factor so much was because it shined a spotlight on a lot of underutilized and ignored characters. A lot of that has been taken away with Trial and I don't necessarily enjoy Leah's take on A-listers like Magneto. I know it'd be false marketing but I'd be fine with Mags taking a backseat for the rest of this event while we just spend time with X-Factor figuring out who actually did it and exploring mystical stuff with Wanda.
    I second this. If we're only getting snarling Silver Age Magneto then he can take several seats.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    What did Leah said?

He´s cute but he´s not a flower

cute. abuser Pietro and Wanda are 16.
    Last edited by baumblume; 09-16-2021 at 01:21 PM.

They were already Avengers so they were older than 16 and they are right to hate him for this even if this happened back when he was crazy because of his powers. Still this doesn´t mean he should just let Pietro murder him with stakes or maybe he should as penance but given this will not change the past, lest keep them separated.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

baumblume

They were already Avengers so they were older than 16 and they are right to hate him for this even if this happened back when he was crazy because of his powers. Still this doesn´t mean he should just let Pietro murder him with stakes or maybe he should as penance.
    he should just let Pietro murder him with stakes or maybe he should as penance.
    yeah because he murdered his son it's only fair I killed my murderer --Pietro

Yes and then we could all move on, at least until Pietro needs someone to blame when writers decide to write him as a villain again and we will hear all about how Pietro is just an eternal victim of everbody else around him, except himself, I guess he´s really a cute flower.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    adoptive children are real kids.
    Magneto never should have got away with murdering his adoptive son .
    Absolutely agree, but unless I'm wildly incorrect, Magneto never went through formal channels to adopt them. Any sort of familial connection that they built later in life was based on the fact that they shared DNA. Once that was gone there wasn't really much reason for them to interact because their relationship wasn't great to begin with. While I think it's sweet that Magneto at least still considers Wanda his child, without the blood connection, he'd be more of a symbolic or surrogate father.

baumblume

They were already Avengers so they were older than 16 and they are right to hate him for this even if this happened back when he was crazy because of his powers. Still this doesn´t mean he should just let Pietro murder him with stakes or maybe he should as penance but given this will not change the past, lest keep them separated.

baumblume

oh no he hurt his killer. Pietro is so bad,

baumblume

Magneto is a angel.
    Last edited by baumblume; 09-16-2021 at 01:48 PM.

And it goes on and on and on. I am not saying Pietro is bad for being angry, I am saying this is their default interaction since HoM, so no reason to change the retcon anymore, since there´s no family to talk about and Pietro should look for another punching bag to blame his issues on. Especially when marvel decides it´s ok for him to make his daughter a drug addict and then blame a skrull for it.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Magneto's characterization throughout the years has been WILDLY inconsistent. Sometimes he's Mutant Doom, sometimes he's everyones grandpa. While he's certainly not at Mystique's level of terrible parent, he's always been a pretty bad father to all of his kids, surrogate or not. You can read his more positive interactions as either legit attempts to make amends or token gestures to keep useful people on his side. Its really up to the viewer.

I've personally soured on him as time has gone by because of all of the complexities with his Jewish backstory and supremacist leanings combined with real world antisemitism I've encountered mixing to make a lot of unfortunate implications.

baumblume

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Last edited by baumblume; 09-17-2021 at 06:51 AM.

This is the real Magneto in my mind. One who has made many mistakes but believes there's always a chance to heal.

he is so a good person.
    Your writing style feels very familiar.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That´s Xorn

he is so a good person.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2021 at 01:55 PM.