Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Soooooooooo why don't Eva just go back in time with x-force to stop this from happening or at least catch the perp.
    Because they need 5 issues for a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I agree simple fact is whatever familial development Wanda & Vision have with the twins we're led to believe happened off panel so whenever any is emotional about the others it comes off unearned more so on the twins parts, I can see why Wanda would love them I mean hell the narrative had her do hella **** just to get them back I'll allow it. But for Tommy to call Wanda Mommy it's not deserved IMO. At the same time Billy, Wanda, & I guess Vision are the only family Tommy really has so I'll allow it but I still wish this relationship was shown more maybe they'll do better going forward.
    I definitely hope so. I'd like to see it on panel.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Happy to hear Lorna got her Ph.D. Other than that I have no idea what's going on.

It was nice to see the X-Men and Avengers treating each other with such warmth and I like that Synch was leading the tour. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of snarling Magneto just going around hurting people but it is what it is.

Agreed completely it looks like his one personality trait besides snarling at people, specially Lorna is grief and this just doesn´t make sense given his personality over at planetsize and just could Leah stop trying to ruin Lorna and Magneto´s relationship? I was so happy for Lorna getting her Phd a Magneto in character would have congratuled her, especially given his own investigations he used to do under pseudonyms so it would be nice to see them exchange pappers some day.

Wanda (?) appearing at the end definitely threw me for a loop.
    Yes I think this is the old backup Wanda but her backup should not be that old imo, she just discovered she wasn´t a mutant during Uncanny Avengers, unless Xavier knew all this time, including during HoM and decided to not tell anyone, which I don´t think really happened.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-15-2021 at 01:54 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

This whole issue felt like a huge missdirect. So I refuse to speculate on any of this for now and just take it for what it is.

Also, nice to see teams meet and not fight.

Also, >_> Pietro and Northstar be cute.

I hope that Raven has nothing to do with any of this and is really just finding the whole ordeal funny hence why she's just spying around. Bonus points if she gets popcorn at some point.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    All an illusion. Just like Death of X
    Idk. Hope wanting Magneto to rush before the X-Men take the Avengers to Wanda makes me think Wanda was revived, and she wanted them to encounter New Wanda before being able to confirm the "original" really was dead

Plus if it's an illusion they'd need to constantly make a fake Wanda show up all the time since they'd need everyone else to think she was alive.

Astonishing Member

On a side note to me the writing of Stark flirting (or whatever he was doing) with Emma right after Jean offers condolences is just atrocious. It is not at all in keeping with the somber reality or gravitas of the entire episode. I know Emma doesn't give a damn but the writer(s) are all over the place, to depict Stark acting like that in front of Vision and other team-mates in the face of what happened is just insulting imo

Fantastic Member

I loved this issue. Not sure what Hope is up to, but glad she is given a role and mind beyond just "the five". Unless Xavier is the one that woke up Magneto and used a image of Hope since that's who Magneto saw in their earlier torture and then Xavier can stay out of the spotlight. Though my first thought was Hope killed Wanda, I know think she just knows more than we do. The body was missing, and Hope knows. That's not something normal with the resurrection process.

Even though it was a classic villain reversion, I felt Magneto was pretty good and the fight was fine enough. When Wanda first appeared I thought it was great to address the foolish death and get it out of the way - clearly the trial of Magneto goes deeper than that. Being right after the mystical Wanda page made me think it was actually her returning via whatever magic, but lots of people here seem to think it's an early backup or illusion or fake. Either Mystique had something to do with it, or she's there so Hope can use her powers to stall and impersonate Wanda.

I expect more regarding the resurrection process since they made a point of brining it up and how they don't want humans to find out. And why were so many people hanging out in the arbor magna?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    On a side note to me the writing of Stark flirting (or whatever he was doing) with Emma right after Jean offers condolences is just atrocious. It is not at all in keeping with the somber reality or gravitas of the entire episode. I know Emma doesn't give a damn but the writer(s) are all over the place, to depict Stark acting like that in front of Vision and other team-mates in the face of what happened is just insulting imo
    Hey, just 'cuz Vision's lovelife is dead, doesn't mean Tony's is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    [/B]

Agreed completely it looks like his one personality trait besides snarling at people, specially Lorna is grief and this just doesn´t make sense given his personality over at planetsize and just could Leah stop trying to ruin Lorna and Magneto´s relationship? I was so happy for Lorna getting her Phd a Magneto in character would have congratuled her, especially given his own investigations he used to do under pseudonyms so it would be nice to see them exchange pappers some day.

Yes I think this is the old backup Wanda but her backup should not be that old imo, she just discovered she wasn´t a mutant during Uncanny Avengers, unless Xavier knew all this time, including during HoM and decided to not tell anyone, which I don´t think really happened.
    On another note, thanks Hope

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    This whole issue felt like a huge missdirect. So I refuse to speculate on any of this for now and just take it for what it is.

Also, nice to see teams meet and not fight.

Also, >_> Pietro and Northstar be cute.

I hope that Raven has nothing to do with any of this and is really just finding the whole ordeal funny hence why she's just spying around. Bonus points if she gets popcorn at some point.
    This would be really funny, I would love it, like here´s Raven trying to burn it all down for Destiny and take revenge on Erik and Charles and she finds out Magneto is kind of doing this on his own because someone decided to mess with one of his kids, I could picture her just enjoying the irony and see if she can do the same with Xavier.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-15-2021 at 02:18 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

[/B]

I feel like the writers are purposefully denigrating Magneto to build up Lorna with this ridiculous dialogue and it's sad to see especially when juxtaposed against his concern for Wanda in the same saga.

Maybe Mags just loves Wanda more than Lorna I wouldn't put it past him to rank his children. I' sure Lorna's above Pietro but just below Anya.

I feel like the writers are purposefully denigrating Magneto to build up Lorna with this ridiculous dialogue and it's sad to see especially when juxtaposed against his concern for Wanda in the same saga.
    There could be something like that but my feeling about this is that this story is suggesting he doesn´t care about Lorna at all and only cares about Wanda as his daughter, which has never been true, not even when they were not official family, until Leah started to write them on X-factor.

It´s a bad mix of "strong woman fights back evil dad and Dad only cares about one daughter trope" which I could do without, as little as they have interacted, their relationship already was way more complex than that.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-15-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

There could be something like that but my feeling about this is that this story is suggesting he doesn´t care about Lorna at all and only cares about Wanda as his daughter, which has never been true, not even when they were not official family, until Leah started to write them on X-factor.

It´s a bad mix of "strong woman fights back bad dad and Dad only cares about one daughter trope" which I could do without, as little as they have interacted, their relationship already was way more complex than that.
    Well said, this writing is contrived because earlier in the Hixverse we see Polaris and Magneto pretty familial or cordial at a minimum. Then all this animus just comes out of nowhere in the trial

Incredible Member

Enjoyable read, but the issue treats telepathy as trivial when the implications are staggering.

Casually considering mind-wiping the Avengers as a throwaway gag (all so Emma can save the day once again while flauting her sexuality)? That is a pretty serious thing, and raises the question of why all the Telepaths don't just mind wipe the bad guys away. Aside from the obvious (there would be no story if they did that), if the argument is because the mutants are good guys and so wouldn't do that, it still makes no sense in this case.

In the same issue, we have Hope arguing that telepathic methods can be a form of torture, so the portrayal of telepathy abuses is all over the place.

Tony pointing out that he came prepared to counter Magneto while not having any Psi-blockers also seems like a plot contrivance. (My big pet peeve is how the bad guys always have Psi-blockers that are able to neuter the telepathic heroes, but when villains have access to telepathy, like the Red Skull or Sinister, the heroes all suck).

Well said, this writing is contrived because earlier in the Hixverse we see Polaris and Magneto pretty familial or cordial at a minimum. Then all this animus just comes out of nowhere in the trial

Exactly, they are telling two opposite narratives with them and I don´t care for this one because it doesn´t really suit them or their story together.