Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I still don't see an in story reason for the Xmen to give the Avengers a tour of the island. They were there to pick up a body! Is it really the time for sightseeing!? And their fear of revealing Arbor Magna to them was equally dumb. How about just not take them through it? So silly. What was the point of that in the narrative? The crying over telepathic "interrogation" was also stupid. They do that **** all the time. Why are they pressed about it now all of a sudden? Normally I can ignore story contrivance cause it comes with the comic territory, but I just couldn't do it with this issue. Awful.
    From the way Cyclops spoke, it seems like it was meant to be a friendly gesture, to treat them as guests. Despite the teams' differences, they're all friends and want to be cordial, especially at a time like this.

I don't know why they didn't simply just avoid the Arbor Magna though. Or why they had to disguise it so; they could have just said it was a healing area or something, instead of explaining what actually goes on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You know what I did realize it seems like the Avengers didn't give a single f*ck on who actually killed Wanda. Like did they even ask who the suspects were?
    The mutants had motive & opportunity to murder Wanda in secret and cover it up, but they're went out of their way to explain the situation and cooperate with the Avengers. They've also made it clear that they're investigating things on their end, and that the main suspect is Magneto. They're grieving and in a tense situation - they can ask about the suspects or look into things a little later, when they have Wanda's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Jean behaved well, and her reception of the Avengers was exquisite perfection. The fact that she was unwilling to mindwipe them, just like she was unwilling to stand by during X of Swords and hide behind the fact that she was a Quiet Council member, is a testament to her morals and assertiveness and... Let me not go there.

Also, the only one attacking the Avengers was Magneto.
    Jean was actually acting like a decent person in this issue. She was doing pretty great, except for signing on to the stupid tour idea. And I was considering all the mind control and illusions a kind of assault.

Why anybody would set foot on that island without psy blockers is beyond me. Or even just do business with Krakoa. Though according to X corp wearing them is akin to assaulting people, as its 'laying a trap' and treated like throwing the first punch.

Everybody is out of character.
    Every situation is stupid and non sense.
    Worst X-book of the year.

Is the mood really supposed to be somber? I mean, maybe I'm a cynic, but I honestly am reading this as kinda a dark comedy. Hence, Tony's remarks and the whole farce scene with Emma. We will get sad or even scary moments but death in comics is pretty much a publicity stunt at this point. I mean we're dealing with death in comic books in the literal side of the MU where death is no longer an issue. I think in the end this is all exploring the ressurection protocols further and whatever the end result will allow mutants to see maybe future things they will need to consider.

And I feel that for the most part, everyone's fine enough character wise. But I guess millage will vary for people on that front.

Hope isnt a telepath. Why would Lorna mention that she wasnt around to mask the Hatchery?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope isnt a telepath. Why would Lorna mention that she wasnt around to mask the Hatchery?
    redhead profiling. They're all just Mini Jeans to Lorna.

Something that stands out to me is krakoa wrapping up wandas body is very reminiscent of how krakoa wrapped up polaris in x-factor when she was sleep right before or after the bone yard creation. Cant remember which came first.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The marvel encylopedia, the latest one says that hope is a telepath and telekinetic in her own right.

IMG_20210915_190404.jpg
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-15-2021 at 04:05 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Something that stands out to me is krakoa wrapping up wandas body is very reminiscent of how krakoa wrapped up polaris in x-factor when she was sleep right before or after the bone yard creation. Cant remember which came first.
    Also Rogue in Excalibur.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Also Rogue in Excalibur.
    I was going to mention hers but it seemed a little different because she was hit with the light but for the most part it is close enough to be the same. It is nice to see Krakoa try to protect it's own.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    There could be something like that but my feeling about this is that this story is suggesting he doesn´t care about Lorna at all and only cares about Wanda as his daughter, which has never been true, not even when they were not official family, until Leah started to write them on X-factor.

It´s a bad mix of "strong woman fights back evil dad and Dad only cares about one daughter trope" which I could do without, as little as they have interacted, their relationship already was way more complex than that.

Agreed, Williams has used Magneto as a foil for Lorna for over a year now to try to build her up by tearing Magneto down. You get to the point where you have nothing left and I think its just about there at this point. You have to manage the damage one does to do to a character or a relationship with the building that takes place to avoid destruction and she has done no building. A page of hugs and tears at the end hardly will hardly manage in that department.

I am kind of done complaining about it as at this point its beating a dead horse just like the story is beating a dead relationship.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-15-2021 at 04:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    this is reminding me why I hate telepaths. Basically everyone is lying and mind controlling people and its gross. When you have so many illusions and outright mind control its hard to care about any kind of mystery. Why is Magneto acting like this? Obviously its because of mind control. But I don't think that was Hope, or at least not a Hope that's in control of herself. I think it was Krakoa itself trying to keep them away from Wanda until its done absorbing her or whatever its doing.

The Avengers are usually written wildly out of character in X books, but they came across as pretty reasonable for once. Its just that the mutants are messing with them, lying to them and messing with their heads. Why take them by the Hatchery in the first place? They came to collect Wanda's body, and instead they get threatened and assaulted many times in the like hour they're there. And its just so unnecessary.
    I think you’re right about Krakoa controlling Hope or maybe it’s Wanda or even Chthon. Either way that gane Hope and the 5 time to resurrect Wanda while Krakoa itself resurrects her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    There could be something like that but my feeling about this is that this story is suggesting he doesn´t care about Lorna at all and only cares about Wanda as his daughter, which has never been true, not even when they were not official family, until Leah started to write them on X-factor.

It´s a bad mix of "strong woman fights back evil dad and Dad only cares about one daughter trope" which I could do without, as little as they have interacted, their relationship already was way more complex than that.

Yeah, Leah does tend to contort and twist characters to fit into pre-determined boxes to the point that they end up barely-recognizable. I don't like her shouty *******-dad Magneto at all. He's been far more dignified, nuanced and interesting in other books during this Krakoan era.

Along similar lines, what is she doing with Northstar and Pietro? She's got them acting like old friends. Do they even know each other?

Besides being speedsters with drama-queen sisters I didn't think they had much else in common, but Jean-Paul keeps rushing to Pietro's side to offer him hugs and comfort. Since when is Jean-Paul so touchy-feely? I'm starting to suspect that Leah has a secret stash of Northstar/Quicksilver slash that she's subtly making cannon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hmmm maybe they thought demon soul babies was more intriguing. That's weird not like I wan't in depth study of Vision seed but still weird.
    People seem to forget the Englehart's Vision and Scarlet Witch had their kids using the energy from New Salem, basically mystical energy shaped by two beings' wishes and hopes.(Kinda like how new Earth Gods came into being)
    Mephisto soul shards are a later retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Jean was actually acting like a decent person in this issue. She was doing pretty great, except for signing on to the stupid tour idea. And I was considering all the mind control and illusions a kind of assault.

Why anybody would set foot on that island without psy blockers is beyond me. Or even just do business with Krakoa. Though according to X corp wearing them is akin to assaulting people, as its 'laying a trap' and treated like throwing the first punch.
    Jean was Jean: empathic and measured. If she were to let her temper get to her and cut loose, everybody would be decimated. I also think she's had one foot out of the Krakoan empire for some time. You can almost sense something clicked for her once the Quiet Council made her choose between helping friends and family and staying as a member. She was like, "**** it. I don't follow the flock. And, by the way, I don't accept your offer for reassignment and I'm founding a new team. See ya."