Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Happy to hear Lorna got her Ph.D. Other than that I have no idea what's going on.

It was nice to see the X-Men and Avengers treating each other with such warmth and I like that Synch was leading the tour. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of snarling Magneto just going around hurting people but it is what it is.

Wanda (?) appearing at the end definitely threw me for a loop.
    'Wanda' is probably Hope copying Mystique's power. I feel like Hope already knows that Magneto is innocent and is trying to buy time for something(unsanctioned Wanda revival by the Five? force the real killer to show their hand?) or she's involved with the murder.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The panel seemed to suggest that she knew it wasn't Mags at the very least.
    I thought it suggested that Mystique knows it's not Wanda... We all know she's involved in this somehow...

Maybe Wanda kissing Vision will trigger them into knowing it's not her? Maybe they'll be: You're not with Vision and haven't been in a while.

Wonder how Hope is involved in this?

Mighty Member

This Wanda is a fake or else the story won't continue until 5 issues. It's either an illusion caused by Jean/Emma or Hope Summers herself shapeshifting by copying Mystique powers? But how can she fly?

Why is Hope betraying Xavier to save Magneto? It doesn't make sense because Hope doesn't know Magneto well enough.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Why is Hope betraying Xavier to save Magneto? It doesn't make sense because Hope doesn't know Magneto well enough.
    Maybe she doesn't know Magneto well enough, but she and Wanda did work together to break Wanda's curse on mutants. She could be helping Magneto for Wanda's sake.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

This Wanda is a fake or else the story won't continue until 5 issues. It's either an illusion caused by Jean/Emma or Hope Summers herself shapeshifting by copying Mystique powers? But how can she fly?

Hope is controlling Magneto. She can control any mutant. She used him to kill Wanda.

With Leah, we finally have an author who understands how magic works.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She wasn't as Jean was not aware of the plan and was himming and hawing about mind wiping the Avengers.
    Jean wasn't just "himming and hawing"; she was maintaining the moral high ground when it came to how she treated her allies. In either case, Leah's Emma fangirlism definitely peeked through here, because Jean has not hesitated in the past to both wipe and manipulate the minds of others when necessary. Her saying, "There must be another way," was totally out of character for her. The "other way," again, which she has utilized before, would've been to do what Emma did, but you know we must throw Emma cute line and feat bones in every issue this era.

Thankfully, so far, Leah has been quite generous to Jean in this miniseries, so I will allow it.

Astonishing Member

Mystique observing in the bushes looked ominous af.

Mighty Member

Hope could be helping Xavier. If Magneto isn't the main focal point, other secrets could be discovered...

But it also seemed like Hope found Xavier shady in whatever he's doing now...

Mystique observing in the bushes looked ominous af.
    That's cause she knows what really happened...

This probably explains why Storm was crowning Bishop in the Inferno preview. They need someone who can bring Hope to heel. She’s the one mutant that Moira and Charles would never dare to defy.

Hope knows Magneto more than she knows Xavier. They were teammates on the Extinction team and were acquainted with each other in the time prior to the Krakoa era, whereas Xavier was dead for most of that

Hope knows Magneto more than she knows Charles. They served together on the Extinction Team.

Astonishing Member

Hope probably knows that Magneto is being framed. Or she's trying to hide her involvement in Wanda's death.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Hope could be helping Xavier. If Magneto isn't the main focal point, other secrets could be discovered...

But it also seemed like Hope found Xavier shady in whatever he's doing now...

That's cause she knows what really happened...
    I get the impression that Hope and the Five may be attempting to revive Wanda behind everyone's backs. Or she's connected to the murder.

Mystique is there to hint Hope is borrowing her shapeshifting powers and as a suspect/ red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean wasn't just "himming and hawing"; she was maintaining the moral high ground when it came to how she treated her allies. In either case, Leah's Emma fangirlism definitely peeked through here, because Jean has not hesitated in the past to both wipe and manipulate the minds of others when necessary. Her saying, "There must be another way," was totally out of character for her. The "other way," again, which she has utilized before, would've been to do what Emma did, but you know we must throw Emma cute line and feat bones in every issue this era.

Thankfully, so far, Leah has been quite generous to Jean in this miniseries, so I will allow it.

Is it a bad thing that Jean didn’t want to manipulate them right after they’d gone through a serious loss and she’d just extended her hand in friendship?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I get the impression that Hope and the Five may be attempting to revive Wanda behind everyone's backs. Or she's connected to the murder.

Mystique is there to hint Hope is borrowing her shapeshifting powers and as a suspect/ red herring.
    If they try or tried to revive her secretly based on the reveal that she would be a very old back up. Wouldn't the way she interacts with others be a give away? I think it's possible Magneto took a cerebro to revive her against the QC's wishes and maybe Hope helped but that is another can of worms with the Five resurrecting against QC permission. Maybe it is just an illusion created by Hope , but to me it seems she thought of this all on the fly.If she and Xavier had this planned out, they would not give the Avengers the bad news that early, they would delay the Avengers with this ruse.I guess ultimately whichever way you look at it Magneto or Hope or maybe even Wanda is going rogue
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-15-2021 at 10:01 AM.