Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I like your enthusiasm and positivity to both Jean and Wanda Mercury, I hope we do get to see something like this and other interactions as well going after this story Between Wanda, Jean and other X-Men!
    You're sweet, and thank you! I appreciate the compliment ❤️ I believe I posted this panel in this thread, along with other panels of Vision and Wanda saving Jean from Avengers #110 (1973). This is from Avengers #111:

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Thanks for the scans Mercury I always liked teen Jean relationship with Magneto, hopefully someday someone follows up on it because some things were left unexplained.

I also would like to see a friendship between Wanda and Jean, they are not friends simply because they have not interacted much but I could see them bonding over their experiences with Dark Phoenix and M-Day. Like I think Bendis completely missed this but Leah seems to have catched on this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Several issues later...

That's all.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 03:18 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The marvel encylopedia, the latest one says that hope is a telepath and telekinetic in her own right.

Attachment 113792
    Ah, I have been reading posts and wondering where this was coming from. Hope did show psi-powers at an early age (if I recall correctly it was so long ago) but wasn't it because she was near Cable or that is what many of us assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Thanks for the scans Mercury I always liked teen Jean relationship with Magneto, hopefully someday someone follows up on it because some things were left unexplained.

I also would like to see a friendship between Wanda and Jean, they are not friends simply because they have not interacted much but I could see them bonding over their experiences with Dark Phoenix and M-Day. Like I think Bendis completely missed this but Leah seems to have catched on this opportunity.
    I completely agree with you about wanting to see Jean’s relationship with Magneto explored. I’m also hoping Leah is setting things up so that Jean plays a pivotal part in welcoming Wanda back. So far, it seems like this is what she might be doing.

Bendis’ run and rendering of Jean might be my favorite, so I was happy to find out that the powers that be considered time-displaced teenage Jean to be current Jean, their experiences, powers, and memories one and the same. Hopefully, Duggan or another writer will begin introducing aspects of how Jean’s time travels, especially how she used her powers during that period, which was both surprising and impressive.

Even Magneto admitted that it was possible she could kill him.

baumblume

Wanda's subconscious attempt at resetting her origins to being a mutant and Magneto's daughter I stand by the theory that when she "No more mutants"-ed she warped her origin (and quicksilver's by default) to make her not a mutant or Magneto's daughter anymore (unintentionally and subconsciously without her even knowing that she did it). I feel like their conversation at the end of the gala, with Mags telling her that he still thought of her as a daughter and hoped to find a way to help her reconcile with the mutant community, triggered something deep inside her that said that it was okay for her to change things back. As for the traces of metal that were binding her, that they think killed her, I think that when her powers started to change things back and hurt her, Magneto tried to restrain her so that she couldn't hurt herself, but then she teleported him away and knocked him out, which is why he doesn't have an alibi and doesn't actually know what happened. Because he doesn't know what happened, he's started to question if he really did do it, which is why he's so conflicted when finally confronted by the Avengers.

baumblume

Ps.
    The fake Magneto is there and the real one is with Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I completely agree with you about wanting to see Jean’s relationship with Magneto explored. I’m also hoping Leah is setting things up so that Jean plays a pivotal part in welcoming Wanda back. So far, it seems like this is what she might be doing.
    Yes I believe you are right

Bendis’ run and rendering of Jean might be my favorite, so I was happy to find out that the powers that be considered time-displaced teenage Jean to be current Jean, their experiences, powers, and memories one and the same. Hopefully, Duggan or another writer will begin introducing aspects of how Jean’s time travels, especially how she used her powers during that period, which was both surprising and impressive.

Even Magneto admitted that it was possible she could kill him.
    Yes I think even Claremont made comparations between Jeanīs powers as the phoenix force and Magneto powers on Excalibur vol.3 so my guess is that they have similar powers levels when they use their powers to their fullest expression.

I think it would be an interesting story to see Teen Jean and adult Jean have a conversation on her head, I think it would be a nice contrast to see the different perspectives, because Teen Jean tried to put distance from her adult self out of fear of ending dead as well but now they are both Jean and I think it would be nice to see how they perceive everything around them. How differently they see things now with Krakoa and the X-men at NY.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Ps.
    The fake Magneto is there and the real one is with Hope.
    Agreed thereīs no reason for him to change his clothes, unless that just like with Wanda, there is more than one Magneto around.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I wonder if Leah will actually use the second Magneto from Age of X-man or if that will forever be a dropped plotline that goes nowhere

Jordan White said they were going to back to Age of X-man Magneto but I donīt know if itīs going to be here or on another story post inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Wanda's subconscious attempt at resetting her origins to being a mutant and Magneto's daughter I stand by the theory that when she "No more mutants"-ed she warped her origin (and quicksilver's by default) to make her not a mutant or Magneto's daughter anymore (unintentionally and subconsciously without her even knowing that she did it). I feel like their conversation at the end of the gala, with Mags telling her that he still thought of her as a daughter and hoped to find a way to help her reconcile with the mutant community, triggered something deep inside her that said that it was okay for her to change things back. As for the traces of metal that were binding her, that they think killed her, I think that when her powers started to change things back and hurt her, Magneto tried to restrain her so that she couldn't hurt herself, but then she teleported him away and knocked him out, which is why he doesn't have an alibi and doesn't actually know what happened. Because he doesn't know what happened, he's started to question if he really did do it, which is why he's so conflicted when finally confronted by the Avengers.
    I haven't heard of this scenario before with Magneto, interesting, as for your theory with Wandas and Pietros origin, that is a very good option.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

She doesn't have to be Magneto's biological child to be a mutant and she doesn't have to be a mutant to be Magneto's child

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    She doesn't have to be Magneto's biological child to be a mutant and she doesn't have to be a mutant to be Magneto's child
    True, but being mutants on the Avengers superhero team and the children of the evil mutant Magneto made Wanda and Pietro unique imo
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    True, but being mutants on the Avengers superhero team and the children of the evil mutant Magneto made Wanda and Pietro unique imo
    And it made for some interesting situations for two Avengers to be mutants who were the children of evil mutant Magneto. It shows a lot about how accepting the Avengers are, and on what a diverse roster they had of mutants, humans, mutates, robots, androids, sorcerers, gods, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

In Jeen's solo Jean and Wanda did bond. I think others writers need to follow up with this.

Yes but I didnīt like how adult ghost Jean described Wanda, that looked a little OOC from her, she may not known Wanda very well but she would not call her a narcissist but I loved the interaction between teen Jean and Wanda so hopefully there will be some more of it on ToM.