Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think this was just Austen helping to tell Morrison story and I didn´t like how he wrote Annie either, her fear should not have been seen as racism when it has fair reasons and I was glad Carter was not confirmed as Magneto´s child, Magneto´s is actually quite reserved when it comes to romantic relationships and just gets into them if he actually likes the person and there´s a mutual respect, I didn´t like the fact he wanted to suggest Magneto rapped or took advantage of Annie or that Carter forced her into a relationship with Havok, like it completely covers Morrison version of Magneto but after that version was send to the trash can by marvel we would have need an even more complex retcon to clean all this out.
    I was being tongue in cheek.

Also don’t believe everything people say online about his plans.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-16-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I was being tongue in cheek.

Also don’t believe everything people say online about his plans.
    I didn´t read anything online, I just read the comics, he was kind of being of subtle with it but it was kind of there at the time, especially when Annie talked about being harrased by her ex boyfriend followers, I didn´t like his run but I loved his take on Lorna, I think he did a great job with her.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I didn´t read anything online, I just read the comics, he was kind of being kind of being subtle with it but it was kind of there.
    You read in much more then I did. The only thing I would say with any certainty in regards to his plans with Carter was he planned on making him tied to Cassandra Nova somehow.

I loved his take on Lorna, I think he did a great job with her.
    We can agree on that score.

When Lorna isn’t interested in anything bigger then her own little life she doesn’t go very far. That wasn’t an issue that run.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-16-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well, everyone gets different meanings from comics all the time and I think Cassadra Nova may have possesed Carter at some point.

We can agree on that score.
    Yes

When Lorna isn’t interested in anything bigger then her own little life she doesn’t go very far. That wasn’t an issue that run.
    Edit: Definitely agree, I don´t mind her wanting a life for herself but she´s a super hero, she needs to have her reasons for being one besides want to do good and those reasons definitely need to have a link with her personal experiences, like Genosha or X-factor and her battle with the goverment when they wanted to use her to fight off magneto, before it. I think Austen did this with her wonderfully, his take on her was great and even her actions at her wedding made a lot of sense given how much trauma she was suppresing, Austen issue in which he connects her wedding to the trauma of Genosha is one of the best I have read about her and Duggan could take note of this.

DnA also did great following this Lorna and adding her political knownledge with Crystal and I think all this fits well with her urban princess look from X-men.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Oh god. And the 5 billion posts per second focused on trashing a specific character? I'm having war flashbacks.
    The constant back to back posting made me think this was some kind of bot. A bot created to spam every thread that my favorite characters might show up in, and make it as unpleasant as possible.

Please get back on topic everyone.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    After 60 pages of story, everything feels all over the place and there's nothing to grab onto besides "ok, what's really going on". Heavily disappointed, thought Williams was better than whatever the **** she's trying to do here.
    You’re supposed to grab onto Emma’s tangible assets
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    So I think Wanda's backup is pre tommy/billy. That's kinda okay with me as she will be on equal footing with them knowing who they are but minus the guilt and loss and etc... It will also make their relationship in the comics easier to digest for me anywayas she doesn't interact with them much. Also Billy's reaction to krakoa will be interesting. Anyhow it would be nice to reset her without using another dimension Wanda etc. she can find out what paths not to take and get any help she needs dealing with her powers and childhood. Just my 2 cents. I did enjoy the issue. I'm in a minority that I don't mind Wanda interacting with X-men and Avengers. I kinda like that Wanda and Pietro being the bridge between the two teams.
    The fact that this back up does seem Pre Billy/Tommy is kind of messed up to me, I've always said their current relationship is similar to that of a teen mom who gave up her kids & reconnected later in life. They've already had to build a relationship from scratch before (albeit off panel but still) forcing them all to do it again seems cruel. I will say though the fact that Krakoa through Abigail have done everything not to tell Billy about Wanda is messed up to me I get he's busy but still lowkey f*cked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    It’s definitely the face mask. Even the AIPT review article agreed that the mask is trash and ugly. Also, just cause I like saying this, That woman who kissed Vision I don’t recognize her. She looks familiar, but is unrecognizable at the Moment. If I’m told that was Wanda I’d used the “Bill Clinton” denial(apologies to whomever feels this was in bad taste, I have a very dark sense of humor)
    It depends on what your definition of “is” is
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The fact that this back up does seem Pre Billy/Tommy is kind of messed up to me, I've always said their current relationship is similar to that of a teen mom who gave up her kids & reconnected later in life. They've already had to build a relationship from scratch before (albeit off panel but still) forcing them all to do it again seems cruel. I will say though the fact that Krakoa through Abigail have done everything not to tell Billy about Wanda is messed up to me I get he's busy but still lowkey f*cked up.
    The back up goes back to when? UXM 442-443? Bloodties?

I am not sure we can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah a big part of me doesn't want Wanda to lose a lot of the progression she did have just to undo M-day stuff. Why can't she just make it up to them by being the reality warper that gives them longer lives or something? Let her fix her issues, not just erase them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah a big part of me doesn't want Wanda to lose a lot of the progression she did have just to undo M-day stuff. Why can't she just make it up to them by being the reality warper that gives them longer lives or something? Let her fix her issues, not just erase them.
    I agree seems cheap.

The fact that this backup appears to be pre HoM/Decimation has me looking at Xavier as the one who did it; cause how long did he know she wasn’t a mutant?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The back up goes back to when? UXM 442-443? Bloodties?

I am not sure we can tell.
    IDK but if she's sucking face with Vision it has to be either at a time before Billy & Tommy were born or before they died & became Hand Babies. Either way it has to be very old if their sucking face.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The fact that this backup appears to be pre HoM/Decimation has me looking at Xavier as the one who did it; cause how long did he know she wasn’t a mutant?
    To be fair that just means Cerebro stopped scanning their brains, not that they stopped registering as mutants.