Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    baumblume

Marvel: *now has the x-men back* Hey guess what Marvel fans? Wanda and Pietro Maximoff were really Erik’s kids all along!!!

Marvel Fans: We already knew that but thanks for the last few years of bullshit.

baumblume

My feeling about this is that this story is suggesting Magneto doesn´t care about Pietro OR Lorna at all and only cares about Wanda .

Finally read it. Overall liked the issue though Magneto keeps being insufferable. Jean showed why she's the heart of the X-men. I don't think Wanda at the end is a resurrected one with outdated memories. If Hope isn't okay with manipulating Magneto's mind she shouldn't be okay with this either. I think someting else is at play but don't know what.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Iron Man read as if he were from Robot Chicken. What happened there?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Iron Man read as if he were from Robot Chicken. What happened there?
    They had to play it up for the once hinted at nuptials. he was probably already planning which rich families he would marry his step daughters into.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What series/issue was this?
    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'll never forget him trying to control Wolverine by giving him demerits, hah. And I can't find the issue now that I'm on the spot. I think it was in Uncanny. It was after Jean came back and before Scott came back, because they had their reunion partially to mourn him being dead and Jean not being dead. Xavier was in control of Fantomex's body at the time.
    Astonishing X-Men Annual #1.
    "Cable was right!"

baumblume

I’m sure both twins will be mutants again before the end of the year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    My feeling about this is that this story is suggesting Magneto doesn´t care about Pietro OR Lorna at all and only cares about Wanda .
    Magneto doesn't care about any of his kids, he cares about Wanda's powers which are pretty OP.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Finally read it. Overall liked the issue though Magneto keeps being insufferable. Jean showed why she's the heart of the X-men. I don't think Wanda at the end is a resurrected one with outdated memories. If Hope isn't okay with manipulating Magneto's mind she shouldn't be okay with this either. I think someting else is at play but don't know what.
    Hope probably knows/ suspects Magneto is being framed and is buying time for an unsanctioned revival(Wanda at the end is Hope borrowing Mystique's powers) or trying to force the real killer's hand.

Or Hope IS the killer or is helping them for some reason.

baumblume

I think she wants to turn Wanda into a mutant because she knows that Wanda is a mutant.

After all if Wanda wasn't a mutant how come Hope could mimic her powers back during the AvX event

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree with that last line. I feel Xavier used hope because she is the least experienced telepath out of all of them which worked in his favor. A part of me feels xavier had every intention of bringing wanda back as a mutant to either undo "no more mutants" or to replace franklyn but it didn't go the way he expected because wanda ended up self resurrecting like legion did.
    I get the opposite impression, Xavier's not involved in whatever's going on with Wanda and Hope is pursuing an agenda of her own.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Leah Williams mentioned the Academy X kids were the most affected by decimation and Hope´s biological mother was killed by the purifiers when she was born because she was the first born mutant after decimation so I would not be surprised if they will play a big part of this story or maybe be behind all those Wanda´s around. Hope also was Magneto´s team mate some years back and they were on good terms for a long time so I get she´s trying to help him but maybe she´s hiddin something as well.

The story has some intriguing parts and all that I just need Leah to stop trying to write Magneto with Lorna, all those daddy and daughter tropes are just tiring, I am expecting him to try to force her into an arranged marriage next issue just to get the whole combo. It´s just the second issue and I already wish he was send with Sabretooth just to get him out of this story like honestly I think playing poker and getting into fights with Sabretooth underneath Krakoa would be more in character for him than this and more fun as well. Decimation should be a theme just between Wanda and mutants and the Avengers, because they are her friends.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Magneto doesn't care about any of his kids, he cares about Wanda's powers which are pretty OP.
    This is the real truth.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The marvel encylopedia, the latest one says that hope is a telepath and telekinetic in her own right.

Attachment 113792
    She's not though. That must be an error bc she's never been shown to have either power. Anytime she has used TP or TK, she has had someone nearby to mimic

I feel like the Magneto interruptions mess with the story's flow. Like he just comes in, stirs up ****, and derails what's going on for a bit. I get he's upset, but settle down, Beavis.