Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes but I didnīt like how adult ghost Jean described Wanda, that looked a little OOC from her, she may not known Wanda very well but she would not call her a narcissist but I loved the interaction between teen Jean and Wanda so hopefully there will be some more of it on ToM.
    Uncanny Avengers Wanda would like word with you

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Uncanny Avengers Wanda was rude not a narcissist
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

She was both

Lol I agree to disagree I think she sort of reverted to her silver age personality, she was/is very sure of herself just not a narcissist but she certainly was rude to Rogue

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Lol I agree to disagree I think she sort of reverted to her silver age personality, she was/is very sure of herself just not a narcissist but she certainly was rude to Rogue

When she broke up with Wonder man she listed all these non sense reasons. Like self discovery and needing to understand all sides of herself. When in reality she just wanted Voodoo.

It really was one of those eye roll moments that made it seem like no one understands her that she is just soooooo complex of a person. It's like lady you are not that deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    When she broke up with Wonder man she listed all these non sense reasons. Like self discovery and needing to understand all sides of herself. When in reality she just wanted Voodoo.
    It really was one of those eye roll moments that made it seem like no one understands her that she is just soooooo complex of a person. It's like lady you are not that deep.
    Hey you canīt blame her for something a lot of people do when they have a break up, she just didnīt want to hurt his feelings and this was actually their second break up, they already tried and decided to just be friends during Busiek run and this happened like months or a year after wonder man seemed to be gone and maybe itīs my dislike of the Wonder Man and Wanda ship thatīs talking, still, I donīt think it counts as narcissism.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 11:42 PM.

Wonder Man and she had a volatile and at times physically abusive relationship, so it's for the best. She let him down soft, which was probably better than he deserved.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Uncanny Avengers Wanda would like word with you
    Which made Wanda as much a narcissist as it made Rogue a murderer. Which is not at all. It was a terrible first volume. That just wanted people to fight each other. And people fighting is not narcissism. Her breaking up with her bf softly isn't narcissism. She could have told him the truth. That he's not worth being with because he did nothing but stalk her until she gave in. And then decided he didn't want to be with her so he punched near her head to scare her away. And is an abusive pos.

Hey you canīt blame her for something a lot of people do when they have a break up, she just didnīt want to hurt his feelings and this was actually their second break up, they already tried and decided to just be friends during Busiek run and this happened like months or a year after wonder man seemed to be gone and maybe itīs my dislike of the Wonder Man and Wanda ship thatīs talking, still, I donīt think it counts as narcissism.
    Third. They dated before Busiek's run too. And then Simon broke it off because he was feeling depressed about his brother and insecure in the relationship. So he decided he was gonna drive Wanda away by being abusive. It's really a relationship that should never be allowed again.

Gah even then they knew how dangerous she was....they shoulda just put her down
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

I agree. Wanda early on in Uncanny Avengers was indeed rude at times, but she was also carrying a lot of hurt and anger (at herself and others) from all the then (recent at that time) tragic events she was culpable for. She is definitely not a narcissist. Does anyone know (not referring to you) a true narcissist who would allow themselves to be stabbed by throwing themselves in front a stabbing attack (Uncanny Avengers #1), in order to protect a person who they are seriously beefing (argueing) with (Rogue), that the stabbing was actually meant for? Doesn't sound like narcissist behavior to me...
    Last edited by maximoffimpact; 09-19-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Fair point - it's not like the occasional random resurrection is uncommon for any of the superhero set, mutant or not. Still seems a little odd to have him as part of the welcoming committee when the Avengers are presumably primed to be a little alert and suspicious with Wanda's death, and they've been shown in other stories debating whether they should go public with, e.g., Jumbo Carnation being back among the living (yes, they ended up letting the world know he was back and designer for the Gala, but they discussed it).
    We know that Cap knows there's a lot more mutants on Krakoa than there were on the planet before Krakoa was founded, so it's less a secret as to "mutants are coming back" as to the method it's happening.

Also, the Crucible, which the humans would (rightfully) flip their **** about if they found out their kids were gaining powers back by being beaten to death in front of cheering crowds by supervillains without their knowledge
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 09-19-2021 at 07:22 AM.

baumblume

At the start of the issue, Xavier meets with Wanda and Pietro and offers them a place at his school. After rescuing a young child and showing they can control their powers, they turn him down. Xavier then talks to Moria MacTaggart about the twins, an his fear about Magneto getting followers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    We know that Cap knows there's a lot more mutants on Krakoa than there were on the planet before Krakoa was founded, so it's less a secret as to "mutants are coming back" as to the method it's happening.

Also, the Crucible, which the humans would (rightfully) flip their **** about if they found out their kids were gaining powers back by being beaten to death in front of cheering crowds by supervillains without their knowledge
    Given that all the "kids" on Krakoa are either runaways,emancipated or of age, doubt any of your "humans" would give a damn.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 09-20-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Given that all the "kids" on Krakoa are either runaways,emancipated or of age, doubt any of your "humans" would give a damn.
    Not all the kids as shown by new mutants and CoA there are human parents who have their children come and go to Krakoa as they wish. So seeing children cheering on a blood sport is something that is very disturbing. The Crucible should be gone with sense Wanda could undo what she did mutant by mutant. Right now in the astral plane she seems to be facing her own “crucible” repeatedly.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”