Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The X-Men Are Getting Their Own Captain America (Cover for X-Men #6)

The Avengers may have Captain America, but the new X-Men are about to get Captain Krakoa. Or are they? Marvel Comics has provided ComciBook.com with an exclusive first look at the cover and solicitation for X-Men #6 from writer Gerry Duggan (Marauders, Cable) and artist Pepe Larraz (House of X, X of Swords). The solicitation text for the new issue, releasing in December, suggests that Cyclops, Captain Commander of Krakoa, isn't too keen on having this hero join the X-Men. The synopsis reads, "WHATEVER HAPPENED TO CAPTAIN KRAKOA? There's a new hero on the X-Men. Who is he? Why is he here? And why does Cyclops not want him on the team?"

Meanwhile, Duggan suggests that Captain Krakoa may have a grander mission given Krakoa's new role on the cosmic stage. "The Heroes of Krakoa have another gift to their home planet: a selfless hero from the shores of Krakoa who will defend Earth to their last dying breath," Duggan says. You can see Larraz's cover of the issue below.

Marvel Comics relaunched its X-Men ongoing series after Hellfire Gala, where mutants, for the first time, elected the new X-Men roster. Now they're returning to the role of superheroes, which they'd mostly abandoned since Krakoa's founding. The team mixes veteran X-Men and younger mutants, including Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Rogue, Polaris (who won the X-Men fan vote), Synch, Wolverine (Laura Kinney), and Sunfire.

"It's my privilege and honor to be reteamed with Pepe Larraz as we throw beautiful and deadly threats at the X-Men beginning in July," Duggan said before the series debuted. "Mutants have saved themselves, and are now going to save the world. Krakoa will grow roots in the capitol of the world, New York City, and the inaugural year will star Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Rogue, Wolverine, Synch, Sunfire and Polaris. The threats to Earth will come fast and hit hard, and every page from Pepe and Marte will blow your hair back. See you in July."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/x-...krakoa-marvel/

Cover for X-Men #6:

Astonishing Member

Its deadpool isn't it ? Or Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The Avengers may have Captain America, but the new X-Men are about to get Captain Krakoa. Or are they? Marvel Comics has provided ComciBook.com with an exclusive first look at the cover and solicitation for X-Men #6 from writer Gerry Duggan (Marauders, Cable) and artist Pepe Larraz (House of X, X of Swords). The solicitation text for the new issue, releasing in December, suggests that Cyclops, Captain Commander of Krakoa, isn't too keen on having this hero join the X-Men. The synopsis reads, "WHATEVER HAPPENED TO CAPTAIN KRAKOA? There's a new hero on the X-Men. Who is he? Why is he here? And why does Cyclops not want him on the team?"

Meanwhile, Duggan suggests that Captain Krakoa may have a grander mission given Krakoa's new role on the cosmic stage. "The Heroes of Krakoa have another gift to their home planet: a selfless hero from the shores of Krakoa who will defend Earth to their last dying breath," Duggan says. You can see Larraz's cover of the issue below.

Marvel Comics relaunched its X-Men ongoing series after Hellfire Gala, where mutants, for the first time, elected the new X-Men roster. Now they're returning to the role of superheroes, which they'd mostly abandoned since Krakoa's founding. The team mixes veteran X-Men and younger mutants, including Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Rogue, Polaris (who won the X-Men fan vote), Synch, Wolverine (Laura Kinney), and Sunfire.

"It's my privilege and honor to be reteamed with Pepe Larraz as we throw beautiful and deadly threats at the X-Men beginning in July," Duggan said before the series debuted. "Mutants have saved themselves, and are now going to save the world. Krakoa will grow roots in the capitol of the world, New York City, and the inaugural year will star Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Rogue, Wolverine, Synch, Sunfire and Polaris. The threats to Earth will come fast and hit hard, and every page from Pepe and Marte will blow your hair back. See you in July."

Cover for X-Men #6:

Oooooo for the love of....?! Let our powers combine!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I was thinking Vulcan because they emphasized Scott's feelings about it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    They wouldn't give Deadpool that title, and unless I missed a major development his face would be look like it was rotting.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Whoever it is he's 100 percent going to turn evil at some point

I can't imagine it would be Deadpool if only because he's not even a mutant, let alone Krakoan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I was thinking Vulcan because they emphasized Scott's feelings about it so much.
    That could be interesting.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Larraz is carrying this book. The solicits and concept are so dull.

I could be wrong, but this looks like a Doctor Stasis creation to me.
    The symbol on his torso, which at first glance looks like an X, but doesn't match the current Krakoan typeface X. It is however a good fit with the symbol that was on Doctor Stasis's facemask. (see X-Men 2 or the cover of X-Men 5)
    Also, the face is covered up. The Cyclops from House of X 4 got shot in the head (you can see the shattered visor).
    Oh, and Captain Krakoa's suit has a red and white colour scheme (Orchis's colours).
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 09-15-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Larraz is carrying this book. The solicits and concept are so dull.
    Let's be real, everyone is treading water till Inferno/the relaunch.

Interesting! I'm getting Vulcan vibes too. He would totally pose like that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Cover for X-Men #6:

Looks like Darwin.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I like the concept. The costume's actually pretty sweet, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Looks like Darwin.
    Not really. Plus tactically he'd be a terrible addition to the team since he can't control what his mutation is.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's QQ. Let's go.
    "Cable was right!"