Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Xavier is my first guess. Cyclops isn't happy, he's covering his face, he wants to portray himself in a better light to humanity.

Vulcan is another good guess, especially with the Cosmic bit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Darwin got resurrected at the end of X-Men 19. He's presumably living a peaceful life in Krakoa right now.
    Yeah but I think the other Darwin will show up sometime and it won't be pretty if he does. Nevertheless Darwin as evolution in motion is the perfect face of Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It should be kyle or some other human if not darwin. I mean if captain britain is now a muant it seems like fair synergy to have captain krakoa be human, especially since he seems to be based in the tree house.

Heh my phone autocorrects krakoa now.

Edit: rich rider for captain krakoa.
    As far as i am aware, Great Britain does not exclude mutants from being citizen, especialy when they are legaly born there. Meaning if the british government as reflection of the real world one, decides to create a national super hero and call them Captain Britain or Captain Commonwealth, they would be free to pick a mutant of british nationality as the person.

Likewise if i recall right, the various alternative universe versions that were shown in the classic Excalibur series, there is no limitation of what gender, human ethnicity (mutants included) or even species someone has to be to become a protector of the mystical Britain.

Meanwhile, if i didn't miss anything, Krakoa is an explicit mutant only nation, you can only be a citizen of Krakoa if you are a mutant and Xavier proclaimed Krakoa to be the ultimate authority on mutants, which includes declaring any mutant a citizen of Krakoa by default.

Which means it would be highly odd and likely very controversial for it's citizen to chose anyone who could never be a citizen of Krakoa, or has any connection to their culture or values, to be their national hero.

1st cameo appearance was x-men #1 2021

Last edited by MAR420X; 09-15-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As far as i am aware, Great Britain does not exclude mutants from being citizen, especialy when they are legaly born there. Meaning if the british government as reflection of the real world one, decides to create a national super hero and call them Captain Britain or Captain Commonwealth, they would be free to pick a mutant of british nationality as the person.

Likewise if i recall right, the various alternative universe versions that were shown in the classic Excalibur series, there is no limitation of what gender, human ethnicity (mutants included) or even species someone has to be to become a protector of the mystical Britain.

Meanwhile, if i didn't miss anything, Krakoa is an explicit mutant only nation, you can only be a citizen of Krakoa if you are a mutant and Xavier proclaimed Krakoa to be the ultimate authority on mutants, which includes declaring any mutant a citizen of Krakoa by default.

Which means it would be highly odd and likely very controversial for it's citizen to chose anyone who could never be a citizen of Krakoa, or has any connection to their culture or values, to be their national hero.
    It just makes so much sense to me. Rich Rider as nova is defender of the sol system so if Krakoa is going cosmic and it's based in the treehouse he is the perfect canidate. Now that earth has a voice in the galaxy he should set up shop close to home.

Also trial of magneto though magneto referred to Kyle as Human, Northstar made it clear he was krakoan and Cap backed it up by saying you don't want to hurt your own citizens so he sees kyle as human but krakoan as well and respects him. Also krakoa is still a part of sol and rich is sol systems defender. And i just really enjoyed him in sword.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-15-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

It's going to be the dead Cyclops from HoX/PoX, isn't it?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    It's going to be the dead Cyclops from HoX/PoX, isn't it?
    Ohhhh, that would be quite interesting!

Astonishing Member

Someone pointed out to me that Captain Krakoa's suit looks like a mixture of the time displaced 05 suits. Which makes me think i should mark Mimic on my bingo card.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It just makes so much sense to me. Rich Rider as nova is defender of the sol system so if Krakoa is going cosmic and it's based in the treehouse he is the perfect canidate. Now that earth has a voice in the galaxy he should set up shop close to home.

Also trial of magneto though magneto referred to Kyle as Human, Northstar made it clear he was krakoan and Cap backed it up by saying you don't want to hurt your own citizens so he sees kyle as human but krakoan as well and respects him. Also krakoa is still a part of sol and rich is sol systems defender. And i just really enjoyed him in sword.
    Does Earth really have a voice in the galaxy when the people talking are barely representing 1/7000th of it's population? The representatives of Krakoa can only talk for their own small nation on Earth, that's barely over 1 million people (up to 17 depending on how many Genoshans they brought back yet in which case it's 1/441th).

Even if we count the population of Arrako in, who are more in an lose union with Krakoa than truely alliance or partnership with them, that's barely making a dent in the population statistic either.

Meanwhile the 7 billion unpowered humans on Earth, who are not represented by Krakoa, are defacto representing not only the entire rest of their planet, but statistically the undeniable majority of sapient species in the Sol system. Yet Krakoa with it's 1-17 million is supposed to talk for them, despite them not having agreed on it?

That's kind of like Belgium somehow managing to create the first permanent settlement on Mars and then declaring themself the solar authority because of that (though no real world comparision could match because there are no people born with laws of physic breaking super powers who could band together to form a badly designed island nation).

In practice we have one small nation, with an even smaller selection of exceptionaly powered individuals on which the majority of their economic, defensive and scientific power rests, which has the ambition to be a galactic power player, but can only do so, so far, by presenting a unique trade material which is highly dangerous to mine and has allready caused a galaxy wide crisis.

For them to be Earth's voice in the galaxy is therefor highly dubious. At best they can talk in what they have interpreted as Earth's interest, same as Wakanda (is space Wakanda still a thing?).

In that case it would also make more sense for a protector of the Sol system to be Captain Sol (not the best name i admit) and not Captain Krakoa. Since Krakoa is still just one small nation on Earth and neither the officialy appointed representative of the majority of it's population, nor does it effectively control a large area of the solar system via agreed upon space, outposts, colonies or space ships.

Though Rich Rider as Captain Sol wouldn't be a bad choice i admit, albeit a bit of a downgrade from Nova Corps, considering they operate galaxy wide in the interests of many more species than humans.

Side note: While it's nice that Northstar declaring Kyle to be a citizen of Krakoa despite not being a mutant, Magneto's initial reaction (and he is part of the government) shows that this kind of status does not seem to be cemented in law or all of it's people's mind.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-16-2021 at 05:22 AM.

Captain Krakoa = chimera?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Mongoose View Post
    Captain Krakoa = chimera?
    I'm remembering how many were sure the Children of the Atom HAD to be chimeras, seemingly because they were sure the concept had to be picked up quickly and because it was the only way the the title could be of any real importance.

And then they were just cosplayers with alien tech.

So chances are with Captain Krakoa it's once again anything BUt a chimera.

It seems with the exception of Zeb Wells, the readers are much more interested in the chimeras than the actualy writers.

Though i wonder if the fans who glamour for the appearance of the Chimeras in 616 are only doing so because they either want Rasputin back (likely because she is basicly female Collosus visualy with a meta-gaming power combo) or because they hope for characters who are basicly official "what if X and Y powers are combined?" forum discussions creations?

Marvel's overdid it with the "let's mix two characters together!" stuff lately, but chimeras seem to be a more interesting, and reasonable take on the concept.

But honestly, I'm interested in chimeras for the story potential. How would Sinister influence them? Would being artificial or only knowing a post-Krakoa world have any meaningful impact? Would they have any sort of relationship with their genetic sources? How would normal, weaker mutants deal with their land breeding powerful mutants; would they be worried or feel inferior? How would people feel if their DNA was used without their consent, and they had to look at this breach of agency as it lives its own life? Would they develop their own, unique personalities, or just be retreads of their sources? We already know that some of the chimeras became pacifists despite their nature, and that'd be very cool to explore. The "what if powers were combined?" question could also lead to characters with very fun and unique uses of power.

It honestly just screams Charles to me.

I've had time to think about this and while I don't reject the idea out of hand, this isn't a good costume.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Someone pointed out to me that Captain Krakoa's suit looks like a mixture of the time displaced 05 suits. Which makes me think i should mark Mimic on my bingo card.

Does Earth really have a voice in the galaxy when the people talking are barely representing 1/7000th of it's population? The representatives of Krakoa can only talk for their own small nation on Earth, that's barely over 1 million people (up to 17 depending on how many Genoshans they brought back yet in which case it's 1/441th).

Even if we count the population of Arrako in, who are more in an lose union with Krakoa than truely alliance or partnership with them, that's barely making a dent in the population statistic either.

Meanwhile the 7 billion unpowered humans on Earth, who are not represented by Krakoa, are defacto representing not only the entire rest of their planet, but statistically the undeniable majority of sapient species in the Sol system. Yet Krakoa with it's 1-17 million is supposed to talk for them, despite them not having agreed on it?

That's kind of like Belgium somehow managing to create the first permanent settlement on Mars and then declaring themself the solar authority because of that (though no real world comparision could match because there are no people born with laws of physic breaking super powers who could band together to form a badly designed island nation).

In practice we have one small nation, with an even smaller selection of exceptionaly powered individuals on which the majority of their economic, defensive and scientific power rests, which has the ambition to be a galactic power player, but can only do so, so far, by presenting a unique trade material which is highly dangerous to mine and has allready caused a galaxy wide crisis.

For them to be Earth's voice in the galaxy is therefor highly dubious. At best they can talk in what they have interpreted as Earth's interest, same as Wakanda (is space Wakanda still a thing?).

In that case it would also make more sense for a protector of the Sol system to be Captain Sol (not the best name i admit) and not Captain Krakoa. Since Krakoa is still just one small nation on Earth and neither the officialy appointed representative of the majority of it's population, nor does it effectively control a large area of the solar system via agreed upon space, outposts, colonies or space ships.

Though Rich Rider as Captain Sol wouldn't be a bad choice i admit, albeit a bit of a downgrade from Nova Corps, considering they operate galaxy wide in the interests of many more species than humans.

Side note: While it's nice that Northstar declaring Kyle to be a citizen of Krakoa despite not being a mutant, Magneto's initial reaction (and he is part of the government) shows that this kind of status does not seem to be cemented in law or all of it's people's mind.
    They're literally supplying the metal that is keeping the galaxies economy standing as well as the ability to terraform a planet in a few hours as well as several reality altering mutants as Citizens. Heck yeah they've got a very large voice in the Galaxy.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    His helm reminds me of an axlotl.
    Me too

I get the feeling he´s going to become a villain, unless he indeed becomes a representative of Krakoa just not someone the other X-men may approve of. He makes me remember Citizen V of the Thunderbolts.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-20-2021 at 05:04 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022