Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Does the X-Men have any evil counterparts?

Outside of the media and brands.
    The Justice League have "Squadrum Supreme", ' The Seven' from the Boys and 'Crime Syndicate'.
    While the 'Avengers' have Dark Avengers led by Norman Osborn.

But I wanna to know do X-Men have any evil counterparts?

I mean normally I'd say the Brotherhood? But since Krakoa there are no enemies among mutants since all past transgressions have been forgiven.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

There was a Dark X-Men by Claremont before the architects created their own and they were an AU. Then there is the Lightning Squad version of Excalibur.

Fantastic Member

Wouldn't that be The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants? Or are you thinking of something where each member is an obvious counterpart to a specific X-Man, like if you put Madelyne Pryor, Joseph, Dark Beast and Stryfe on a team?

There have been some teams that took a similar role in X-Men history. In the early days, they were the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants led by Magneto. There have been other iterations of the Brotherhood like the one lead by Mystique. Apocalypse with his Horsemen, The Alliance of Evil in some issues of the first X-Factor. Magneto and his Acolytes in Genosha can be considered one too. The Sisterhood, a group of female villains.

I think the most evil group was the Marauders, the mutant mercenaries that massacred the Morlocks. Their purpose was just killing.

In the case of the New Mutants, their counterpart were the Hellions. The Hellions weren't truly evil of course, they were just kids. That was more like a teenage rivalry.

Spectacular Member

They were short lived, but the Hex Men.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Outside of the media and brands.
    The Justice League have "Squadrum Supreme", ' The Seven' from the Boys, 'Evil Justice League from Injustice' and 'Crime Syndicate'.
    While the 'Avengers' have Dark Avengers led by Norman Osborn.

But I wanna to know do X-Men have any evil counterparts?
    Example: Superman has the evil counterparts like "Injustice Superman", "Homelander" and "Omniman from Invincible".

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Xavier Jr and his brotherhood were a kind of anti-X-men and also took the O5 X-men places for a while in the past.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

There was this team from Earth 597…

…led by “Herr Moira McTaggert”.
    Someone went the extra mile w. Havok’s headgear, which is shaped to resemble SS Bolts.

Shadow king and Emma Frost were evil counterparts to Xavier, before he basically became his own worse enemy.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Example: Superman has the evil counterparts like "Injustice Superman", "Homelander" and "Omniman from Invincible".
    Charles Xavier has an evil counterpart, Cassandra Nova, who was his twin genocidal sister (actually some kind of parasite).
    Beast and Dark Beast. Also Beast-Sublime from Here Comes Tomorrow.
    Cable and Stryfe.
    In Limbo (during Magik's childhood), there was an evil counterpart to Kurt Wagner.

Ultimate Member

There was a kind of evil O5 team in X-Men 2099, gathered together by an insane ex-mentor who came after Xavier (but before Xian, their current leader/mentor). They had a dude with a laser-eye, a telekinetic redhead, an ice-lady, a three-armed super-strong 'beast' and a winged dude. Things did not end well for any of them, from what I recall... The crazy old mentor hunted the world for mutants that could replicate the abilities / appearance of the original X-Men, and was trying to recreate the past (casting himself in the role of Xavier), because the loss of his own generation/team of X-Men had broken his spirit.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    There was this team from Earth 597…

…led by “Herr Moira McTaggert”.
    Someone went the extra mile w. Havok’s headgear, which is shaped to resemble SS Bolts.
    I cant remember if that is the same universe as the LS. It was an Excalibur graphic novel and I even have it. It was kind of desturbing. Mixed with that art too...

Astonishing Member

Although tenuous ( because they are not mutants),I see Children of the Vault as X-Men counterparts.They are basically evil X-Men and this mirroring is even more striking in the current Krakoa reality.
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-19-2021 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I cant remember if that is the same universe as the LS. It was an Excalibur graphic novel and I even have it. It was kind of desturbing. Mixed with that art too...
    I guess they are!
    The Lightning Squad came up as earth 597 on a Google search. Nice catch!