Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Default Ben Reilly : Spider-Man (2022)

A brand new Series with Ben Reilly in his best Spidey suit and by one of the greatest Spider-Man writer ?

I’m in !

https://twitter.com/SpiderMan/status...5Es1_&ref_url=

Incredible Member

Welp! Looks like I’m gonna have to go to my LCS and update my pull box now for this book!!!!!!!!

Marvel, you do listen every once and a while.

Incredible Member

So it's an untold tales type of thing about his time as Spider-man the first go around? If that's the case I'd rather it be a mini series that will somehow tie back into the beyond run at some point.

EDIT: I just checked and found out that it is indeed a mini series which works out great for me. No problems whatsoever with purchasing this now.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 09-15-2021 at 09:44 AM.

We have reached a Benaissance .

Makes sense. They've been doing stories set when Peter had the black suit in Symbiote Spider-Man, and this is the same sort of thing, but based on the Clone Saga era.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    So it's an untold tales type of thing about his time as Spider-man the first go around? If that's the case I'd rather it be a mini series that will somehow tie back into the beyond run at some point.

EDIT: I just checked and found out that it is indeed a mini series which works out great for me. No problems whatsoever with purchasing this now.
    This makes you wonder if Marvel has bigger plans for Ben Reilly then simply being the “Substitute Teacher” for Peter?

Astonishing Member

Ben Reilly, the Spider-Man I grew up on alongside Peter Parker written by one of the best Spider-Man writers ever, JM DeMatteis means I'll be adding that to my pull list.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Ben Reilly, the Spider-Man I grew up on alongside Peter Parker written by one of the best Spider-Man writers ever, JM DeMatteis means I'll be adding that to my pull list.
    Although I am not buying Beyond past Morbius ( He has been away too long): I will definitely try the mini and If JM DeMayteis writes Ben the second time around as well as Conway did with Peter and MJ in RYV then sign me up.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

From JDM's Twitter.

And Baldeon's.
    Last edited by IamnotJudasTraveller; 09-15-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

This is awesome, I can’t wait. They should’ve given that SS series to JM DeMatteis instead of PAD when he first came back… but better late than never.

And you guys know what this means, right? More Daily Grind… possibly more Janine, Jessica, Seward, Shirley, Desiree and maybe even mid-90s still-a-totally-bad-guy Kaine!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-15-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post

From JDM's Twitter.
    just inject all of this into my veins, pls. 10 year old me is absolutely ecstatic right now and so is present me. It's an amazing time to be a Ben fan. this isn't a sentence I would have thought I would utter 5 years ago.

Astonishing Member

I like that Marvel stopped trying to pretend the Clone saga was some dirty secret and are just letting their freak-flag fly with it now. It’s possible us OG Ben fans are getting so old that the people who originally were so against ever bringing it up again have all cycled out of Marvel and the new writers and editors grew up with him too. I sometimes have to remind myself how long ago these stories were.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This is awesome, I can’t wait. They should’ve given that SS series to JM DeMatteis instead of PAD when he first came back… but better late than never.

And you guys know what this means, right? More Daily Grind… possibly more Janine, Jessica, Seward, Shirley, Desiree and maybe even mid-90s still-a-totally-bad-guy Kaine!
    The announcement of this mini makes me believe that this is where we'll get the bulk of if not all the 90's callbacks while beyond fleshes out the differences between Ben and Peter and sets up a new direction for Ben after beyond.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-15-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm very curious since Peter and MJ were present during Ben's time as Spider-man, MJ will be depicted pregnant like she was in 96. since marvel tried to pretend she was never pregnant, or JMD will show as it is. well that could change with the ending of Spencer run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm very curious since Peter and MJ were present during Ben's time as Spider-man, MJ will be depicted pregnant like she was in 96. since marvel tried to pretend she was never pregnant, or JMD will show as it is. well that could change with the ending of Spencer run.
    I mean they were, but their appearance here really depends on when in Ben's Spider-Man journey this takes place. Since we didn't really see much if any of them until the half way point of Ben's tenure, after they rode into the sunset, if I'm remembering correctly. This could very well take place during that period of time, but I guess we'll see.