Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Huh?Kinda spaced out about Janine, it's been a long time.
    So he convinced her to turn herself in, and now is happy that she is out of jail.Not like she served her sentence, it seems like Beyond got her out early.Am I missing something?
    Yes, Beyond got her out early. I made a mistake earlier. Janine actually wanted to turn herself in, Ben wanted her to run. So Janine convinced Ben. It was Kaine that Ben convinced to turn himself in, and Janine followed his example. It’s from the ‘Redemption’ mini from 1996 (I’d assume that was at least 3-4 years ago Marvel time, so Ben probably figures she’s served enough for shooting dead an abusive monster).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yes, Beyond got her out early. I made a mistake earlier. Janine actually wanted to turn herself in, Ben wanted her to run. So Janine convinced Ben. It was Kaine that Ben convinced to turn himself in, and Janine followed his example. It’s from the ‘Redemption’ mini from 1996 (I’d assume that was at least 3-4 years ago Marvel time, so Ben probably figures she’s served enough for shooting dead an abusive monster).
    Yeah, that makes more sense.If he wanted her to run then he would be glad she's out again.
    But if Janine wanted to turn herself in then why is she out, either they ignore this or they threatend/blackmailed her.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, that makes more sense.If he wanted her to run then he would be glad she's out again.
    But if Janine wanted to turn herself in then why is she out, either they ignore this or they threatend/blackmailed her.
    She didn’t know what was happening until she was led out the gate and Ben met her in his Spidey suit. Just read the story, it makes sense in how it’s presented.

Extraordinary Member

She didn’t know what was happening until she was led out the gate and Ben met her in his Spidey suit. Just read the story, it makes sense in how it’s presented.
    Oh okay, just read the main one till now.Haven't gotten to backups, will do and get back to this

What Ben Stories should I read in preparation for Beyond?
    Any recommendations? Collected issues hardcovers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Read the ‘Lost Years’ and ‘Redemption’ minis by JM DeMatteis. Those are probably the two best Ben stories, and neither one is bogged down by the greater clone saga mythology some dislike. They’re both contained in one of those Ben Reilly or Clone Saga epic TPBs and you can find them on Comixology, but then you’re buying lots of other Ben stories too. But as individual collections, I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I'd recommend "Spider-Man: Redemption" and "Spider-Man: Lost Years", but everything about classic Ben (from exile to becoming Scarlet Spider to his death as Spider-Man) you can find in "Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Epic". Everything after that is crap ("Clone Conspiracy") and very mediocre ("Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider" it has few good issues but it's mostly bad, completely destroys Ben and makes him something like SpiderPool). He was fixed in "Spider-Geddon" and then appeared few times in Iron Man comics but it was nothing special. And there is "Test Drive" story released on FCBD where Ben tests his new Beyond suit.

Extraordinary Member

Read the ‘Lost Years’ and ‘Redemption’ minis by JM DeMatteis. Those are probably the two best Ben stories, and neither one is bogged down by the greater clone saga mythology some dislike. They’re both contained in one of those Ben Reilly or Clone Saga epic TPBs and you can find them on Comixology, but then you’re buying lots of other Ben stories too. But as individual collections, I don’t know.
    Are there any good/decent modern(like 2000+ hopefully 2010+) comics for Ben?

I forgot to mention, but there's also Ben in "Spider-Verse" and it's "Scarlet Spiders" comic tie-in but it's Ben from different universe (where he didn't die and continued to be Spider-Man). This altBen is Ben that every Ben fan dreams of.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I forgot to mention, but there's also Ben in "Spider-Verse" and it's "Scarlet Spiders" comic tie-in but it's Ben from different universe (where he didn't die and continued to be Spider-Man). This altBen is Ben that every Ben fan dreams of.
    I remember an alt. clone as well.Is he the one who said Peter Parker of 616 has the strongest will of them all.
    And is he the one who dies and then Kaine makes a remark about another dead clone?
    If not what memorable thing didi he do, This seems like something I'd like to read.

Astonishing Member

Are there any good/decent modern(like 2000+ hopefully 2010+) comics for Ben?
    Well, he was in nothing from 2000 to 2007. An untold tale of him in the Spider-Man/X-Men mini from 2008 was decent (#3), but honestly nothing that memorable post his original death. And some has been outright insulting.

You’d be better off spending your money on Chris Yost’s excellent 2011-2013(?) Scarlet Spider series starring Kaine, which doesn’t have Ben, but plenty of Ben references.

Extraordinary Member

Well, he was in nothing from 2000 to 2007. An untold tale of him in the Spider-Man/X-Men mini from 2008 was decent (#3), but honestly nothing that memorable post his original death. And some has been outright insulting.

You’d be better off spending your money on Chris Yost’s excellent 2011-2013(?) Scarlet Spider series starring Kaine, which doesn’t have Ben, but plenty of Ben references.
    The one w/ Sinister raiding his mind, yeah?I've read that mini a couple of times.

I have read that one too IIRC, the one w/ Kaine having the red and black omniharmonic mesh suit?

So just stick to the old stuff, got it.

I'm looking forward to Ben's life with Janine. Please don't send her back to prison when this is over. Let Ben have a happy life with her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I'm looking forward to Ben's life with Janine. Please don't send her back to prison when this is over. Let Ben have a happy life with her.
    I think they did a typical setup for a tragedy.I really hope not

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I doubt the prison thing, this is gonna end in death or happy.Probably death