Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Secondary Adamantium vs Vibranium vs Nth metal

I'm assuming the good stuff, like what Wolverines skeleton is laced with, is far more durable than any of the metal mentioned in the topic title. As such, this is secondary Adamantium, or Adamantium steel, which is the type of Adamantium that even Thor can break.

How do these 3 fictional pieces of metal compare wwith one another? Which one is the most durable?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Well... Adamantium is hard as ****, even secondary Adamantium was like "Thor hits it and claims he did damage but it's otherwise apparently fine,"

Vibranium absorbs impact so it's harder to actually break but... as I recall, it has limits of energy absorption.

Nth Metal... that's like... magic ****, right?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Well, if it's Wakandan vibranium, I would guess that comes in third, though it's going to be hard to damage it because it absorbs kinetic energy.

If it's Antarctic vibranium, it ALSO comes in third, but it wins any time someone tries a test where you hit one of these metals with another one and see which one gets damaged, because Nth Metal and Secondary Adamantium just go to goo when they get near it. ^_^

Basically, vibranium isn't nearly as strong as Nth Metal or Secondary Adamantium, (at least as I understand things), but it cheats.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Well... Adamantium is hard as ****, even secondary Adamantium was like "Thor hits it and claims he did damage but it's otherwise apparently fine,"

Vibranium absorbs impact so it's harder to actually break but... as I recall, it has limits of energy absorption.

Wasn't that True/Beta/proto Adamantium(the good stuffs) that Thor hit?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I have no idea; I only know that Thor lied his ass off when he said he dented it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it was. And him going "your mortal eyes can't see the scratch, but it's there." Pretty funny stuff.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Yeah, Nth Metal is more known for its esoteric properties over mere durability. DC's equivalent to adamantium has always been Inertron.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yeah, Nth Metal is more known for its esoteric properties over mere durability. DC's equivalent to adamantium has always been Inertron.
    Is it as durable as True/Beta/Proto Adamantium?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Is it as durable as True/Beta/Proto Adamantium?
    I dunno, depends on the continuity. IIRC Precrisis, kryptonians couldn't break it, or at least had to work very hard to, but Karate Kid did. In 2016, Half Jordan cut through two inches of Inertron and it nearly killed him, and then White Lantern Kyle Rayner cut through a vault two feet thick and it nearly killed him.

I'm also not sure what the upper floor of adamantium actually is. I know of the famous Thor example, but I have heard Gladiator broke it once?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I have no idea; I only know that Thor lied his ass off when he said he dented it.
    To be fair, I think that the Ye Olde English phrase he used could mean either "It's barely dented" or "It's not dented at all."

Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-15-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, I think that the Ye Olde English phrase he used could mean either "It's barely dented" or "It's not dented at all."

Thor every time he's reminded of this:

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

In the 90's GOTG, Gladiator broke one of Wolverine's claws. That's an alternate future...is it canon?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

If these metals are unbreakable, how do you forge them? How do you shape them, pass bolts through them, weld them, turn them into something useful?

I know, comic book logic. Still, has that ever been addressed?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If these metals are unbreakable, how do you forge them? How do you shape them, pass bolts through them, weld them, turn them into something useful?

They are unbreakable to physical force but they can still be melted into liquid form and given shape before it hardens.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

IIRC, Adamantium is an alloy and doesn't become nigh-unbreakable until after you mix it together. Also, 616 Earth has molecular manipulation technology that lets one alter adamantium after it's already set, which is how Ultron can even move in its fully adamantium biggie, IIRC.

That said, I have no idea how blind sculptress Alicia Masters managed to make a statue of the Hulk out of adamantium. Maybe she just made a mold and someone filed it with adamantium?