Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I dunno, depends on the continuity. IIRC Precrisis, kryptonians couldn't break it, or at least had to work very hard to, but Karate Kid did. In 2016, Half Jordan cut through two inches of Inertron and it nearly killed him, and then White Lantern Kyle Rayner cut through a vault two feet thick and it nearly killed him.

I'm also not sure what the upper floor of adamantium actually is. I know of the famous Thor example, but I have heard Gladiator broke it once?
    Why is nobody making fun of Half Jordan!? Has this forum gone soft!!?? :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    To be fair, ignoring outliers line Hal killing Krona, aren't White Lanterns in general supposed to be a lot more powerful than Green Lanterns?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, ignoring outliers line Hal killing Krona, aren't White Lanterns in general supposed to be a lot more powerful than Green Lanterns?
    I think you missed that he was calling for an addition to the Legion of Typos. A good question to ask with regard to Half Jordan: Which Half? Left? Top?

Seriously, some basketball boots can be expensive. If you want to save some cash, buy Half-Jordans.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Cap did say that cutting the 2 inches of Inertron nearly killed him - maybe it did so by cutting him in half? I think many of us would be happy to see half of Half Jordan cut away.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Because it's not cool to mock a dude reduced to a torso. Unless it was Guy Gardner's.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Cap did say that cutting the 2 inches of Inertron nearly killed him - maybe it did so by cutting him in half? I think many of us would be happy to see half of Half Jordan cut away.
    Hal is barely half a character anyway. If you take anything away you would barely have cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Because it's not cool to mock a dude reduced to a torso.
    Then you're a better man than Hal.

green-lantern-please-help-me-i-have-no-arms-no-33004742.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Hal is barely half a character anyway. If you take anything away you would barely have cardboard.

Then you're a better man than Hal.

green-lantern-please-help-me-i-have-no-arms-no-33004742.jpg
    The giant douche from the planet of giant douches calls Hal the biggest douche in the universe.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The giant douche from the planet of giant douches calls Hal the biggest douche in the universe.
    Wait, are you talking about Guy Gardner or Batman?

Wait, are you talking about Guy Gardner or Batman?
    Even a stacked composite is less douchy than Half Jordan.

I also will only refer to him as Half Jordan from here on out.

Even a stacked composite is less douchy than Half Jordan.

I also will only refer to him as Half Jordan from here on out.
    No, I meant as "[t]he giant douche from the planet of giant douches" who "calls Hal the biggest douche in the universe."

No, I meant as "[t]he giant douche from the planet of giant douches" who "calls Hal the biggest douche in the universe."
    I understood what you meant, and just stated that even if there were two of them (Bats and Guy can be pretty douchy) together it's not a scratch on Half.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If these metals are unbreakable, how do you forge them? How do you shape them, pass bolts through them, weld them, turn them into something useful?

I know, comic book logic. Still, has that ever been addressed?
    Yes, yes it has been addressed.

Of note: besides being EXTREMELY costly, rare and hard to make, there are also the constraints below.

True Adamantium (if not all of the others) is made by mixing 2 separate resins together at extremely high temperature. Once the temp is reached, there is a small window of time in which to shape the Adamantium. However, once past this time, even if the temp was maintained (or exceeded), the Adamantium will be unmoldable.

Adamamntium has an extremely heavy and dense molecular structure. Besides being extremely hard and durable, it should also be proof against phasing and conductivity.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-25-2021 at 08:50 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, yes it has been addressed.

Of note: besides being EXTREMELY costly, rare and hard to make, there are also the constraints below.

True Adamantium (if not all of the others) is made by mixing 2 separate resins together at extremely high temperature. Once the temp is reached, there is a small window of time in which to shape the Adamantium. However, once past this time, even if the temp was maintained (or exceeded), the Adamantium will be unmoldable.

Adamamntium has an extremely heavy and dense molecular structure. Besides being extremely hard and durable, it should also be proof against phasing and conductivity.
    After, on there are obviously a few ways to deal with some of these metals: Ultron and... somebody else... had a way of passing energy through Adamantium just so to enable it to be malleable. This is how his body worked. Magneto can obviously work with it, and I guess other people with his powerset should as well, though I don't recall Polaris or anyone else ever manipulating the stuff.

After, on there are obviously a few ways to deal with some of these metals: Ultron and... somebody else... had a way of passing energy through Adamantium just so to enable it to be malleable. This is how his body worked. Magneto can obviously work with it, and I guess other people with his powerset should as well, though I don't recall Polaris or anyone else ever manipulating the stuff.
    Well, I am just going by what I remember Marvel stating about Adamantium long ago. And it was the most info I saw presented here.

There was no mention of Ultron, Magneto nor anyone else manipulating it, save for the "Molecular Reaarrnger" that Ultron incorporated within himself so that he could evolve himself when he felt the need. However, the Scarlet Witch showed the folly of having the "Molecular Rearranger" within himself when she hexed it to destroy that Ultron.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!