Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Flight of the navigator Remake in the works!

Flight of the navigator Remake in the works! Also the boy is now a girl.

But will pee wee return to play the robot?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ey-1235014407/

She directed the Mandalorian, so she has the chops.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The original was one of my favorites as a kid, was a surprisingly good film. That said, not sure how I feel about a remake, I mean it's not really franchise material. But if they capture even half the heart of the original, then it shouldn't have any problems finding an audience with kids today.

Where's the D.A.R.Y.L. reboot?? (nothing in the acronym says it can't be a girl...)

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but was FotN a classic? My dwindling memory thinks of it as "Escape to Witch Mountain" but with "E.T." (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Where's the D.A.R.Y.L. reboot?? (nothing in the acronym says it can't be a girl...)

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but was FotN a classic? My dwindling memory thinks of it as "Escape to Witch Mountain" but with "E.T." (not that there's anything wrong with that)
    No, it wasn't a classic - hell, it wasn't even as well known as Escape to Witch Mountain. But it was still good.

The film had some interesting concepts about Time dilation and how it would effect things at home (Years would pass there while time would past much slower where you were) while you're doing it years before INTERSTELLAR and around the same time as the anime GUNBUSTER, although after CLOSE ENCOUNTERS kind of hinted at the concept with Flight 19 and the other long-gone artifacts and people. Fairly deep stuff for a kids film at the time, especially with what the kid and his family go through (although the film does pull a reset button at the end). Then it sort of turns a bit more goofy after that, especially when the ship gets more of Rueben's persona and there's a scene where the kid and the ship are jamming to the Beach Boy's "Get around".

It also features some early CG with the spaceship. Also Veronica Cartwright, Howard Hesseman, and Sarah Jessica Parker early in her career star.

Unfortunately like a lot of child actors it looks like the main actor Joey Kramer has had serious problems after the movie. There's even a doc about it (This is just the trailer).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzyKdKmBV4E
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-16-2021 at 05:20 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth